Spectacular images of some of the UK capital's most famous sights in 2016, including the Shard and London Bridge.
These stunning photographs captured reveal a side of London that few get to see with such clarity. They feature some of the UK capital’s most famous skyscrapers and landmarks, all photographed in the last year.
Scroll Down For The Video
But, instead of using a drone, all these amazing images were shot by aerial photographer Jason Hawkes while leaning out of a helicopter. All of the images are taken from a twin-engined AS355 helicopter, which takes him to altitudes of between 750ft and 2,500ft.
1. Tower Bridge just after sunset in September
2. A dusk view of the Walkie Talkie Tower and The Gherkin captured in November
3. Piccadilly Circus in February.
4. The Shard after sunset in September
5. Canary Wharf’s high rises at night from 2,500 ft in September
6. Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park at 3,000ft in April
7. The Berkeley Hotel in Knightsbridge and its new entrance
8. Development of the Shell Centre, now South Bank Place, pictured in June
9. The Emirates Football Stadium from above in November
10. A close up view of 30 St Mary Axe, also known as The Gherkin
11. Euston Station in March
12. The Shard and the Thames in September
13. Apartments being constructed in old gasometers in Kings Cross
Watch Stunning aerial footage captures London’s landmarks