The beautiful and bright colour of beetroot is hard to miss and so is its distinctive taste. Beetroot juice makes for the new superfood in the bay.
Beetroot and Carrot juice has been elevated to the status of a super-food owing to its many benefits. But, did you know that it can boost your stamina? Or remove blemishes from your skin? Beetroot and Carrot juice has some rather surprising benefits to offer for your skin, hair, and health.
An addition of tomatoes, ginger, mint and a dash of black salt and black pepper makes it perfectly flavourful for many who may not like its taste. If you haven’t included this juice in your daily diet yet, probably you must start soon. This has to be your wonder drink for reasons you must know.
1. Beetroot and carrot juice makes for a great detoxifier due to the presence of betaine in beets that helps support healthy liver function. Carrot juice helps excrete toxins from the body effectively.
2. Both of these superfoods help cure inflammation; thanks to the presence of anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants that help cure inflammation.
3. Beetroots and carrots help relieve constipation by stimulating the metabolic system. The phyto-nutrients in these veggies help boost the digestive system. Carrots are loaded with fibre that not only balance blood sugar levels, but also keep the gut healthy.
4. This juice helps improve blood flow as beets are considered to be a nitrate food. These nitrates then convert into nitric oxide, a compound that relaxes arteries and improves blood circulation and oxygenation within the brain.
5. Both the veggies contain beta-carotene, a substance that is used to produce vitamin A. This vitamin is responsible for promoting healthy vision and reduces the chance of developing age-related eye problems like macular degeneration and cataract.
6. The presence of sufficient amount of iron in both the veggies helps produce healthy red blood cells. The consumption of juice may help treat anemia and has been proved to be a good home remedy for menstrual disorders and menopause symptoms.
7. This magic drink contains vitamin C that helps prevent skin pigmentation, thereby giving you an even skin tone and a glowing skin. Beetroot and carrots are good sources of minerals that help repair the lifeless hair and further reduce the chances of breakage.
8. This juice is also known to reduce blood pressure due to the presence of nitrates that help regulate and maintain the blood pressure levels.
9. It makes for a refreshing drink; thanks to the presence of mint and ginger in it. The menthol in mint helps replenish the mind and body.
10. Beetroot juice is often used in detox diets. This is because it helps in improving the liver function, which in turn helps in removing toxins from your body
11. It is very necessary for your hemoglobin to stay at an optimum level for your body to function properly. A low hemoglobin level can cause anemia, which can be averted by regular consumption of beetroot juice.
12. One of the most amazing health benefits of beetroot juice is preventing cancer. Recent studies have shown that beetroot juice exhibits anti-carcinogenic properties.
13. For your body to function optimally, it is necessary that it gets rid of toxins that might otherwise cause harm. Beetroot juice can help with your body’s detoxification process.
14. Beetroot juice, when used as a supplement, can help boost stamina and improve athletic performance.
15. High blood pressure can have a very negative impact on your overall health. It is usually the result of constricted blood vessels that causes difficulty in blood flow. This puts more pressure on your heart to pump blood, and accelerates the process of wear and tear. Beetroot juice, considered one of the healthiest foods in the world, can help in lowering your blood pressure.
How We Beat The Heat In Summer
With summer comes the struggle to find the right thirst quencher as opting for aerated drinks can add unnecessary body weight. Do not worry, we have shortlisted seven healthy choices to chill with this summer…