It’s time! Once again UN Environment seeks to make the biggest global call and mobilization for action on 5 June 2017, World Environment Day (WED).
World Environment Day is the biggest annual event for positive environmental action and takes place every 5 June. Let’s get together and celebrate this World Environment Day 2017 to reduce carbon emissions.
1. Adopt ‘green’ way of life
2. Art made of recycled materials
3. Auctions to benefit an environmental project
4. Buy a fuel-efficient car
5. Clean-up campaigns
6. Conferences on the environment
7. Debates on environment issues
8. Donate to an environmental cause
9. Environmental education programmes in schools
10. Inform all your friends about WED
11. Join an environmental group
12. Keep your neighbourhood clean
13. March for the environment
14. Organic farming/cooking
15. Plant a tree
16. Plastic bags: avoid them!
17. Promotional material (t-shirts, stickers, bookmarks)
18. Rainwater harvesting
19. Replace your light-bulbs with energy saving ones
20. Save paper
21. Sports activities
22. Switch off stand-by TV and computer
23. Visits to botanical gardens and national parks
24. Volunteer for organizations such as Clean Up the World
25. Waste less!
27. Xchange ideas
source : timesofindia.indiatimes.com