Love and infatuation are both intense emotions that one feels for another person. These feelings are most often confused for each other by many people. But the two feelings differ in their actuality of love, intensity and final outcome.
Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own. Love is when you care very strongly and very deeply about another person. When you love someone, you are there to support them, you work together to solve problems, you’re willing to stand by this person in good times and bad, and you wish nothing more than to watch and help this person grow.
Infatuation is an intense feeling. Infatuation is the state of being completely carried away by unreasoning passion or love; addictive love. Infatuation happens early on and tends to become obsessive, and sexual attraction is central to infatuation. And, of course, many love relationships start out as infatuation.
It’s not easy to to understand the differences between love and infatuation. Here are 27 ways you can identify the difference between Love and Infatuation:
1. Infatuation happens instantly. Love is a slow process.
2. Infatuation craves physical affection. Love craves a deeper connection.
3. Infatuation makes you act irrationally or ‘crazy.’ Love calms you down.
4. Infatuation is intense but short-lived. Love is comfortable but lasts longer.
5. Infatuation is reckless with our emotions. Love is more considerate.
6. Infatuation has ulterior motives. Love has genuine intentions.
7. Infatuation brings out obsession and jealousy. Love brings out understanding and trust.
8. Infatuation is shallow. Love is deep.
9. Infatuation is selfish and draining. Love is kind and energizing.
10. Infatuation makes a big deal out of small things. Love lets them go.
11. Infatuation is being in love with the idea of someone. Love is being in love with who the person really is.
12. Infatuation is possessive. Love is generous.
13. Infatuation holds grudges. Love forgives.
14. Infatuation keeps you guessing. Love answers your questions.
15. Infatuation thrives on playing games. Love thrives on meaningful connections.
16. Infatuation is rocky. Love is solid.
17. Infatuation is delusional. Love is real.
18. Infatuation follows a timeline. Love is timeless.
19. Infatuation has unrealistic expectations. Love has realistic standards.
20. Infatuation is childish. Love is mature.
21. Infatuation grows with desire. Love grows with friendship.
22. Infatuation stems from insecurity. Love stems from self-assurance.
23. Infatuation makes you vengeful. Love makes you a better person.
24. Infatuation makes you forget you have a life. Love is integrated with yours.
25. Infatuation can leave unannounced. Love provides explanations.
26. Infatuation is never content with one person. Love is monogamous.
27. Infatuation is undefined. Love is exclusive.