“It is photography itself that creates the illusion of innocence. Its ironies of frozen narrative lend to its subjects an apparent unawareness that they will change or die. It is the future they are innocent of. Fifty years on we look at them with the godly knowledge of how they turned out after all – who they married, the date of their death – with no thought for who will one day be holding photographs of us.” ― Ian McEwan, Black Dogs
Sometimes the best photos are ones you never meant to take. Some of them seem like it was just a matter of being at the right place at the right time.
The Web is abound with photos shared by people who have captured photos at just the right moment. We’ve curated some 25+ of the most perfectly clicked photographs, from funny optical illusions to straight unfortunate mishaps, that will absolutely take your breath away. Also, we have collected some of the best inspirational quotes about photography and photographers.
1. “What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.” ― Karl Lagerfeld
2. “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” ― Ansel Adams
3. “A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away.” ― Eudora Welty
4. “There are no bad pictures; that’s just how your face looks sometimes.” ― Abraham Lincoln
5. “Taking pictures is like tiptoeing into the kitchen late at night and stealing Oreo cookies.”— Diane Arbus
You may also like 30+ Optical Illusion In Photos To Blow Your Mind!
6. “There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.”— Ansel Adams
7. “The picture that you took with your camera is the imagination you want to create with reality.”— Scott Lorenzo
8. “Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.”— Marc Riboud
9. “You don’t take a photograph, you make it.”— Ansel Adams
10. “Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph.”— Matt Hardy
11. “I like to photograph anyone before they know what their best angles are.”— Ellen Von Unwerth
12. “Only photograph what you love.”— Tim Walker
13. “Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.” ― Marc Riboud
14. “Not everybody trusts paintings but people believe photographs.” ― Ansel Adams
15. “I wish that all of nature’s magnificence, the emotion of the land, the living energy of place could be photographed.”— Annie Leibovitz
16. “Today everything exists to end in a photograph.”— Susan Sontag
17. “Most things in life are moments of pleasure and a lifetime of embarrassment; photography is a moment of embarrassment and a lifetime of pleasure.”— Tony Benn
18. “When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and white, you photograph their souls!” ― Ted Grant
19. “Still photographs are the most powerful weapon in the world. People believe them, but photographs do lie, even without manipulation. They are only half-truths.” ― Eddie Adams
You may also like 19 Optical Illusion In Photos To Blow Your Mind!
20. “If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.”— Jim Richardson
21. “If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.”— Jim Richardson
22. “Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.”— Peter Adams
23. “In photography there are no shadows that cannot be illuminated.”— August Sander
24. “It is more important to click with people than to click the shutter.”— Alfred Eisenstaedt
25. “All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth.”— Richard Avedon
26. “A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you, the less you know.” ― Peter Gasser