There’s nothing more exciting than a new relationship in love. When we’ve been burned in a relationship, we go into new relationships a little more wary. While being street-smart can help you avoid making the same mistake the next time, It can also keep you so hyper alert to possible problems that you don’t give yourself to a relationship.
Most young lovers rush into a new romance and want to know everything it has to offer within the first few days. Here are some tips to help you when you’re ready to try again.
1. You both need to be ok with being alone.
2. Check yourself before you wreck yourself
3. Be honest with yourself and the person you are with.
4. If you put them on a pedestal you force them to look down on you.
5. Understand what you’re getting into and know that you can’t expect someone to change for you. For example if she/he likes clubbing or drinking at bars before you date, you can’t expect them to stop going out just because you are dating now.
6. Insecurity is very unattractive and can be very self destructive. Even if you have those feelings sometimes, refrain from constantly bringing it up to your SO. Someone can only hear “I feel like you’re going to leave me for someone better” so many times before it actually starts sounding like a good idea…
7. Don’t talk shit about your partner to your friends/family. Even in a huge fight, find just one person to confide in if you really need to talk about it. Or talk anonymously about it online. When you finally resolve a fight and go back to loving your partner, your friends and family will still remember all the bad things you said about them.
8. Being passive aggressive is going to delay a peaceful resolution and only make the fighting worse. If something bothers you, talk. If your partner talks to you about something, listen.
9. For the love of god keep most of that shit off social media. Especially arguments.
10. It’s easy to be comfortable in a relationship, but that doesn’t mean to stop practicing your hobby, or to stop working out, or to start dressing sloppier. You want to stay just as datable as the first time you met.
11. Settle the past
12. Realize you can make a choice
13. Learn who’s safe and not safe and how to be safe
14. Get clear about your expectations
15. Realize there are wonderful people everywhere
16. Learn where to go to meet people who enjoy the same things you do
17. Hold off on the sex
18. Check out their “fit
19. Pay attention to their overall behavior
20. Listen to your gut
A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.
source : reddit.com