1. I saw you were perfect and so I loved you. Then I saw you weren’t perfect and I loved you even more.
2. My thoughts are free to go anywhere, but it’s surprising how often they head in your direction.
3. Life without you is like a broken pencil, pointless.
4. Before I met you I never knew what it was like to smile for no reason.
5. My heart began a journey the first time I looked into your eyes.
6. I feel comfortable being myself when I’m around you.
7. I love you, not for only what you are, but for who I am when I’m with you.
8. I fall in love with you all over again every time I see you.
9. You would always be the answer when someone asks me what I’m thinking about.
10. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.
11. Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
12. If nothing saves us from death, at least love should save us from life.
13. You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free.
14. Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
15. First best is falling in love. Second best is being in love. Least best is falling out of love. But any of it is better than never having been in love.
16. Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell’s despair.
17. If you don’t love me, it does not matter, I can love for both of us.
18. A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.
19. Kisses, even to the air, are beautiful.
20. What is love? It is the morning and the evening star.
21. Love is the silent saying and saying of a single name.
22. Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
23. The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.
24. There could have been no two hearts so open, no tastes so similar, no feelings so in unison.
25. When I am old and alone, I will remember that I once held something truly beautiful.
26. I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.
27. We loved with a love that was more than love.
28. When you love something, it loves you back in whatever way it has to love.
29. He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.
30. Love had caught him out of triviality and Maurice out of bewilderment in order that two imperfect souls might touch perfection.