There’s a new Gandhi in town: Priyanka Gandhi Vadhra!
Priyanka Gandhi, a scion of India’s most powerful dynasty, has been appointed the Congress General Secretary for Uttar Pradesh (East).
Priyanka Gandhi, the daughter, granddaughter and great-granddaughter of Indian prime ministers, is sure going to shake up the race to lead the world’s largest democracy just ahead of India’s national polls.
Her entry into politics has always been the subject of fevered speculation for years. Until now, her political forays had been largely limited to appearing at campaign rallies in constituencies held by her family members.
A sharp and charismatic orator, bearing a distinct resemblance to her paternal grandmother, Indira Gandhi, Priyanka’s move to join the political fray will be a game-changer.
Everyone knows a lot about her personality, style sense and body language that matches that of the late former Prime Minister, due to which a lot of people today see Indira Gandhi through Priyanka.
Born in 1972, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra is the daughter of former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi. She is the sister of Congress president Rahul Gandhi.
Here, we have collected 12 quick facts about Priyanka Gandhi, which you will shed more light on her charismatic personality.
1. Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was born on 12th January, 1972 to Sonia and Rajiv Gandhi in Delhi. She is over two years younger to her brother Rahul Gandhi.
2. Priyanka Gandhi Vadra studied in Modern School, Convent of Jesus and Mary, and is a graduate in Psychology from the University of Delhi. She completed her masters in Buddhist studies in 2010.
3. After her grandmother Indira Gandhi’s assassination Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was made to drop her studies and home schooled. She was always escorted by high security.
4.Priyanka Gandhi’s college days were spent in the Jesus and Merry of Delhi University. She completed her Psychology degree and later on did her MA in Buddhist studies in 2010.
5. Priyanka Gandhi once told the media that she resembled her grand mother. One need not have seen Indira Gandhi, former Prime Minister of India in person to understand the striking resemblance between the two.
6. Priyanka has the same sharp nose of her grand mother. She even possesses some of her saris. Priyanka is often seen draped in a crisp beautiful cotton sari.
7. Priyanka Gandhi had said that she delivered her first public speech when she was 16 years old.
8. Priyanka Gandhi is a follower of Buddhism. She is a strict disciplinarian. Like mother, Priyanka too is very secretive about her personal life.
9. Priyanka Gandhi is a good organizer. But this does not apply to just ability in managing Congress party’s activities. It includes the role that she plays as a housewife and mother.
10. Priyanka Gandhi is married to her childhood love – Robert Vadra. He is a businessman from Delhi. Their wedding took place at the residence of the Gandhi family at 10 Janpath on 18th February, 1997. Her marriage was solemnized in traditional Hindu ceremony.
11. Priyanka Gandhi enjoys cooking, photography and reading.
12. Priyanka Gandhi’s children describe their mother as a strict teacher and a loving person who cooks the meal for them by her own.
Source: indiatvnews.com, trendinfo.in