The link between humans and animals may be closer than we may have realised. Research by Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) has found that our furry relatives may share many of the same emotions that humans experience in everyday life.
Animals respond to the environment much as humans do, reacting emotionally to others and even becoming stressed and anxious in times of danger. Studies have found that there are definite behavioural similarities in emotional expression between animals and humans.
Interestingly, many of us see animals as human beings’ equals, so it’s only natural that some photographers see them this way as well.
Let’s start exploring images captured to showcase the ‘humanism’ of endangered species and in doing so help bring to the fore the plight these animals face in the wild.
2. A Deer, Decompressing
3. A Fox, Holding Steady
4. A Seal, Finding Its Bliss
5. Two Foxes, Exploring A Railroad Track
6. A Horse, Thinking
7. A Bird, Sensing An Opportunity
8. A Bear, Relaxing In The Grass
9. A Squirrel, Keeping An Eye Out
10. A Llama, Taking It All In
11. A Ferret, Keeping Watch
12. A Seal, Basking Gloriously In The Sun
13. A Bewildered Sheep, Investigating The Camera
14. A Deer, Poking Its Head Out
You May Also Like 13 Hilariously Playful Animals That Will Make You ROFL! Kudos To Comedy Wildlife Photo
15. Baby Owls, Getting Cozy
16. Reindeer, Patiently Waiting To Cross
17. Photographer And Subject, Bonding
18. An Adult Male Lion Sits Proud And Magnificent
19. Western Lowland Gorilla, Protective Mother
20. A Young Elephant, Getting Out Of Comfort Zone
21. The Sumatran Tiger, Giving A Majestic Pose For The Camera
If you want to add more such incredible images of some of the most endangered species of animals, please share below.