Published on December 15th, 2016
1. Few of the rarest photos from India are Felice Beato’s photographs from Indian rebellion of 1857, which were possibly the first-ever photographic images of corpses.
2. Two crew members of a Sherman tank of the Scinde Horse, part of the Indian 31st Armoured Division in Iraq, March 1944
3. An Air India airhostess aiding a passenger on a Delhi-Bombay flight in 1946
4. A watch store in Lahore, then still a part of India, in 1946.
5. Indian soldiers holding a Nazi flag which they had captured at Libyan Omar, December 1941
6. Rabindranath Tagore, Dr. S. Radhakrishnan and Sir Maurice Gwyer at Sinha Sadan after the Oxford University Convocation on 7th of August 1940
7. We see a portrait of India’s first Test Cricket Team on its maiden tour to England in 1932.
8. The uniform of the Indian Army soldiers in 1850.
9. This image of Tagore and Einstein brings geniuses from worlds apart together.
10. Tagore is greeted by Helen Keller.
11. The last surviving picture of Bhagat Singh while he was jailed.
12. The Times of India building at Elphinstone Circle in 1898.
13. Indian ambulances lined up in Chennai in the 1940s
14. Mahatma Gandhi during his time in South Africa in 1900.
15. The first Indian lady pilot, Sarla Thakral, at 21 years of age.
16. Train at 1895
17. A Young French boy introduces himself to Indian soldiers who had just arrived in France to fight alongside French and British forces in First World War, Marseilles, 30th September 1914
18. A Locomotive Railway Engine on the line of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway which Passes through the Main Street of a Hill Village, 1880’s
19. Chandpal Ghat, Kolkata. Bathers reached the river through tunnels under the railway line, 1910’s
20. Dhyan Chand playing for India vs. France in the 1936 Olympic Hockey semi-finals
21. The Great Gama and his brother Imam Baksh square off during an exhibition match held in front of the Red Fort – New Delhi, 1940’s
22. Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Reviewing the Troops of Azad Hind Fauj – 1940’s
23. Pavement School, Gelatin Silver Print – Jaipur, 1948
24. Girls School in Jaipur, Rajasthan – 1870’s
25. Indian Young Nationalist Affixing a Boycott Sign, to a Foreign Cart in the Streets of Bombay (Mumbai) – 1930
26. Bombay (Mumbai), India – Street of the Pearl Dealers – 1912
27. Earliest known photograph of the Taj Mahal taken by Dr. John Murray of East India Company in the 1850s.
28. Zebra cart in 1930s Calcutta.This is a picture of a Zebra cart being used as a mode of transport in Calcutta in the 1930s.
29. All of Mahatma Gandhi’s worldly possessions, captured in 1938.
30. Interior of the Sikandar Bagh after the slaughter of 2,000 rebels by the 93rd Highlanders and 4th Punjab Regiment, April 1858. Photo at the J Paul Getty Museum. Photo at the Brown University Library.
source : facebook