March 12th, 2019 | Updated on June 24th, 2019
If you are someone entirely new to steroids, here is a beginner’s guide to help you understand the various terms and words used in the world of anabolics. This guide will provide you with adequate information about how to construct a safe yet effective steroid cycle and minimize the possible side effects of it.
What is a steroid cycle? This is the first question that strikes our mind when we hear about it. In simple words, a steroid cycle is the time period in which a person uses anabolic androgenic steroids. Each steroid cycle depending on the goals, experience and the amount of anabolic compound intake by the user, lasts between four to fifteen weeks. A particular steroid drug is referred to as a steroid compound. Dianabol, Winstrol, Enanthate, etc. are examples of steroid compound. A person is known to be stacking if he or she is continuously using more than one steroid compound during the cycle.
Typically a “beginner steroid cycle” involves the use of one or two steroid compounds in limited time duration. The term “beginner” is used to describe a person who has no previous knowledge or experience about the use of steroid but has a minimal knowledge regarding the risks involving the use of such illegal substances. The person even after knowing the risks wishes to try a steroid cycle. For a person determined to start a steroid cycle, it is important to gather information or do researches about the use of steroids, PCT, the risks involving its usage, side-effects and others. The gathered information will help them make a reasonable decision about whether to use steroids or reject them.
Learn about Types of Steroids
1. Steroids That Are Oral And Injectable
The use of injectable steroids can be very terrifying for the beginners. And as such, for their first cycle, many of them may decline the use of injectable steroids and opt for the use of oral-based steroid cycle such as Dianabol, Anavar or Winstrol. If you are inclined towards the use of oral-based steroids, the scope of the anabolic compounds, the doses and cycle duration you can run becomes somewhat limited. But, if you are daring enough and willing to use injectable compounds, there is a wide range of steroids such as testosterone, Nandrolone, Trenbolone and Sustanon 250 at your disposal. Moreover, there are many helpful online sources to help you with self-injecting and other process involved with it.
2. Preferred Steroid Compounds For The Beginner Steroid Cycle
Which steroid compounds to use for my beginner cycle? This is the most frequently asked question about the steroid cycle. As beginners, a person is new to the steroid cycle and his knowledge regarding the cycle is also assumed to be zero. Hence, it is advisable to do some research and have some previous knowledge about the compounds you are taking, its side effects and risks. It is ideal to use compounds which have a short active span in the body. The intake of such short-acting steroids will help you quickly clear the body from such compounds if you are having some problems and will help end the steroid cycle.
Some Of The Popular Anabolic Androgenic Steroids Which Can Be Used For A Beginner’s Steroid Cycle Are:
1. Nandrolone: Even though Nandrolone decanoate is similar to testosterone structurally, it has limited androgenic properties and converts to estrogen at a very low rate. The estrogenic side effects of this steroid are minimal, but the progestin-related side effects can be of concern for its users. Often the progestin-related side effects are confused with the estrogenic related side effects as they tend to be similar. It is important to treat the side effects with a competitive aromatase inhibitor, such as Arimidex, to minimize the estrogen levels as they avoid the activation of the progesterone. One should be very careful with the use of this steroid if you are a sportsperson. This steroid is easily traceable as it tends to remain in the body for a long period of time.
2. Dianabol: Dianabol is a highly effective oral steroid for developing muscle mass and as such is very popular among the beginners of the steroid cycle. Being an altered form of testosterone, Dianabol or Dbol has both androgenic and estrogenic related side effects. Like most orals, Dianabol is toxic to the liver and so can be run only for a limited time.
3. Testosterone (Enanthate / Cypionate / Propionate): The three words in the bracket refer to the chemical compound, ester. The ester helps in delaying the release of the testosterone into the body and hence if you want to experience a very slow release of testosterone you can use enanthate/cypionate. Or if you want to feel the rush, you can use testosterone propionate to experience a fast-acting effect. But you should take into consideration the fact that the fast acting propionate variation is a sorer injection and is not recommended for the new beginners.
Intake of testosterone results in rapid strength and muscle gains. The androgenic side effects of testosterone intake include possible aggressiveness, oily skin and acne. The testosterone inside the body has a high tendency to convert to estrogen and so side effects such as fluid retention and Gynecomstia are a plausible change.
4. Winstrol: Winstrol is another kind of oral steroid that brings about much steadier gains in muscle mass in comparison to Dianabol. As Winstrol does not convert to estrogen in the body, there are no estrogenic related side effects for the user. People running on Winstrol cycle have a more defined look in comparison to other steroids as the drug does not absorb any water.
How The Beginner Cycle Should Look Like?
While the beginners prepare steroid, there might be certain confusion. Beneath are the cycles of steroid that are frequently used steroid cycles for a beginner. It is recommended to understand the PCT or post cycle therapy fully in order to understand the requirement associated with it.
The cycle that runs on Dianabol need to be taken in the initial week 30 mg per day and up to the 5th-week, same quantity should be followed. From week 6th to week 8th PCT or post cycle therapy continues. When the steroid sequence is based on Winstrol from the first week to the fifth week the consumable quantity is 50 mg per day. Week 6th, 7th and 8th is the PCT week. Testosterone enanthate is needed to take in the initial week to week to 10th week 500 mg weekly. On 11th and 12th week the intake amount is zero and from week 13th to 15th the pct cycle starts.
Testosterone enanthate and Dianabol cycle, enanthate intake is 500mg weekly from week one to week four. The daily intake of Dianabol is during this period is 30mg daily. From week 7th to week 10th the weekly intake of enanthate is 500 mg and 11th and 12th week the intake quantity is zero. While in this cycle the PCT starts from the week 13th and ends at week 15th. Cycle run on Testosterone enanthate and nandrolone decanoate needs enanthate intake 500mg weekly from week 1st to week 10th. Nandrolone decanoate intake during this period is 400mg weekly. During 12th and 13th week, the intake is zero and PCT starts from week 14th and last to week 17th.
Know About Side Effects Of The First Steroid Cycle
One may suffer from the steroid side effects. Especially steroids such as Dianbol and testosterone possess androgenic properties. If a person is prone to aggressiveness or has oily skin or acne issues, intake of these steroids may result in raising the issues. But often you are unaware of the intensity of the side effects until and unless you are running your first steroid cycle. If you are a teenager and are facing problems related to oily skin and acne, it is advisable for you to avoid such steroids with high androgenic properties.
Steroids that tend to aromatize are likely to bring about estrogen related side effects for some users. The estrogen related side effects include increased fat storage, water retention, and the formation of breast tissue or Gynecomstia as estrogen is primarily considered as the female hormone.
Drugs like Nolvedex hold together the estrogen receptors. In this way, it helps to reduce the effects of high estrogen level in the body. It is to mention that these drugs do not lessen the estrogen level in the body; they only reduce the effects. If a beginner is interested in reducing the amount of estrogen in the body, he or she should opt for drugs that will reduce the all total estrogen amount present in the body. Such drugs are known as anti-aromatases as they reduce the conversion of the steroid into estrogen. Examples of such drugs are Proviron and anastrozole.
PCT Following The Initial Cycle
It is very much important to engage yourself in a post cycle therapy after the end of your steroid cycle. The use of steroid reduces the body‘s natural production of testosterone and in order to maintain the hormone balance in the body, one must go for a post cycle therapy. You can go through our post cycle therapy article to understand the concept of PCT. There is web content on PCT which may help you to understand the entire process. Also, it will enable you to choose the correct drugs prior to the embracement of the steroid cycle.