September 13th, 2018 | Updated on March 5th, 2020
1. What Are Dental Inlays?
Dental inlays are fillings that pre-moulded made to fit in the grooves of a tooth. It is a dental restoration to repair the decayed or chipped tooth. A mould is made similar to the shape of the affected tooth and made in a lab.
After this, the inlay is cemented on the decayed tooth giving it protection and strength. This is one of the most effective and efficient methods of tooth restoration after injury or decay that has not affected the cusps of the tooth.
The dentist will prescribe you dental inlays when it is difficult to restore a proper shape or establish an appropriate contact with the next teeth.
Inlays are a bit similar to a dental filling, except for the fact that inlays are made in a lab, whereas fillings are made in the dentist clinic during the procedure. Fixing inlays is time-consuming and more complex procedure than other dental restoration methods.
2. What Types Of Inlay
There are mainly three types of inlays available in the market.
- Gold – Gold has been used for years as a restoration material. It gives a rustic look and can be easily seen. It provides great strength but is really expensive
- Porcelain – Porcelain is the most commonly used material for making the dental inlays. There are also several types of porcelain that differ in the benefitsitprovides.
- Composite – Composite is made first and then set on to the decayed or chipped tooth. It is easy to fit and easy to maintain.
3. Why Dental Inlays?
Getting dental restoration can bring solutions to many dental problems. People who look for a durable and long-term solution should opt for dental inlays.
They are paved to the teeth and provides a lasting solution for a decayed tooth. It is made from a durable material so it will last longer than any other dentistry restoration method. Along with this, it will provide protection against any kind of infection.
4. Benefits Of Dental Inlays
Here are some of the benefits of dental inlays:
- Strength – The material used to make dental inlays is stronger than the material used for making fillings and crowns. This makes it last longer than any other dental coverings and also provides strength to the tooth.
- Tooth Preservation – Tooth starts decaying with time and dental outlays helps to restore teeth and preserves tooth from decaying.
- Premium Fit – Inlays are custom made according to the patients need. They are made before placing them on the teeth. It can fit into flossing areas offering premium fit.
- Tooth Colour – The material used in making the inlays is stain resistance and is similar to the natural tooth colour. It boosts esthetic longevity and retains the colour of the tooth.
- Hygiene – Dental outlays are easy to clean, as it provides coverage to the decayed tooth it helps in keeping away the bacterial infections.
- Provides stability – If the teeth are growing weak and have certain unwanted movement then dental inlays could actually make it steady.
Health Disclaimer :
Information provided by Newszii.com does in no way substitute for qualified medical opinion. Any text, videos or any other material provided by us should be considered as generic information only. Any health related information may vary from person to person, hence we advice you to consult specialists for more information.