Published on June 7th, 2017
If you’re looking for the most amazing animal facts , you’re at the right place! Here are 25 of the best fun & random facts about animals!
1. Gorillas can catch human colds and other illnesses.
2. A lion in the wild usually makes no more than twenty kills a year.
3. The female lion does ninety percent of the hunting.
4. Turtles, water snakes, crocodiles, alligators, dolphins, whales, and other water going creatures will drown if kept underwater too long.
5. Almost half the pigs in the world are kept by farmers in China.
6. On average, dogs have better eyesight than humans, although not as colorful.
7. Deer have no gall bladders.
8. There is an average of 50,000 spiders per acre in green areas.
9. The bat is the only mammal that can fly.
10. Some male songbirds sing more than 2000 times each day.
11. For every human in the world there are one million ants.
12. If you lift a kangaroo’s tail off the ground it can’t hop – they use their tails for balance.
13. If you keep a goldfish. in a dark room, it will become pale!
14. Cows can sleep standing up, but they can only dream lying down.
15. The average fox weighs 14 pounds.
16. Alligators can live up to 100 years.
17. A single elephant tooth can weigh as much as 9 pounds.
18. The turkey is one of the most famous birds in North America.
19. The flamingo can only eat when its head is upside down.
20. A group of owls is called a parliament.
21. An anteater is nearly 6 feet long, yet its mouth is only an inch wide.
22. A grasshopper can leap 20 times the length of its own body.
23. There is a butterfly in Africa with enough poison in its body to kill six cats!
24. Cats have lived with people for only 7,000 years.
25. A black panther is really a black leopard.