Published on June 9th, 2020
The air fryer is one of the best cooking devices that help with the fast cooking of food. With air fryer, you need not be worried about the mess you create while cooking the food.
Many people face problems while cleaning air fryer and with the maintenance of the air fryer. Let’s discuss some tips to clean the air fryer.
1. Never Clean With The Device On
One of the most common mistakes that people make while cleaning air fryer is leaving the device plug on the switch before washing.
While you clean your air fryer, you should ensure that the device is not connected to any electric supply.
You should clean the air fryer only after disconnecting it to avoid any unintentional damage and electrocution.
Also, allow the air fryer to cool down before starting with the cleaning the air fryer. Change in temperature can damage your device.
2. Cleaning Basket And Pan
The next essential step to cleaning the air fryer is to clean the basket and pan.
If you feel it challenging to remove the basket and pan from the air fryer, you can try removing them with the help of hot water mixed with the liquid dishwasher.
Removing basket from the air fryer makes it easy to clean food that has a stick to the surface or has burnt.
For removing stubborn food, you can soak the basket or pan of the air fryer in soapy hot water for 10-15 minutes. Let it remain and then wipe the food off the surface.
Before washing the air fryer and its accessories with dishwasher, you should make sure that it is safe to clean.
Some air fryer is not suitable to wash with a dishwasher, so you should prefer not washing them with a liquid dishwasher.
Else while making a purchase decision, you should make sure that the air fryer you are buying is dishwasher safe.
3. Cleaning The Interior
The next step involved with cleaning the air fryer is cleaning the interior. An essential part of the interior is the heating element of the air fryer.
Any leftover or grease on the air fryer’s heating element can disrupt or slow the cooking while you cook the food in the air fryer.
While cleaning the interior of the air fryer, one has to maintain safety. To clean the interior, you should, at first, not prefer using a dishwasher.
Instead, you should use hot water with the sponge or non-abrasive soft cloth to clean the interior.
To remove greasy food that has a stick to the interior, you can use a drop or two of the dishwasher.
It is recommended not to use a dishwasher for cleaning the interior if it is not marked as suitable with the material. Also, if it is suitable, you must not use more than 1-2 drops of the dishwasher to clean the grease.
It is highly recommended to clean the interior only with hot water and sponge, and only in case of greasy food items, you should prefer using the dishwasher.
Also, if the food sticks to the interior and is difficult to remove with the help of the dishwasher, then you can prefer using a brush with a soft bristle.
4. Cleaning The Exterior
Once you are done cleaning the air fryer’s interior, you can move ahead to cleaning the air fryer’s exterior.
The exterior should never be cleaned with bleaches or any glass cleaner. You should prefer using moist cloth or sponge for cleaning.
Also, you can use a mild detergent with it. Moreover, you should not prefer immersing air fryer in water.
5. Maintenance Of The Air Fryer
Apart from cleaning, another most essential thing to consider is maintaining your air fryer.
Though after cleaning, if proper care is not taken and no proper maintenance is followed, then this can result in damaging your air fryer. This is what you should do for the maintenance of the air fryer.
- Never clean the air fryer with the device on or when it is plugged into the socket. Also, make sure that you let the air fryer cool down before washing it.
- Take a check of the chords, whether they are damaged or not. Using a damaged cord can lead to damaging the air fryer.
- Always check the dust that gets collected in the interior of the air fryer. If you haven’t been cleaning air fryer for a long time, there are chances of debris being collected on the interior. Nobody would want cooking food in the air fryer that has dust collected in the interior. Make sure to keep a regular check over the dirt, getting collected, and wash all the dirt from it.
- Placing the air fryer in the correct position above the surface is essential to cook food easily.
Another tip to note about the maintenance of the air fryer is that you should not place the air fryer in an enclosed place. This is one of the most common problems with people using the air fryer for cooking that they use it in an enclosed place. Air fryer needs an open area for cooking food to avoid overheating. The air fryer should have 4 inches of space between the walls and its exterior and 4 inches of space above it to have proper ventilation through the vents.
- Try getting all the damaged components repaired as soon as possible. Also, you should not try using air fryer with damaged parts, as this can lead to electrocution and permanent damage to the device. Also, you should not try repairing it yourself; instead, go to an electrician to fix it.