July 8th, 2019 | Updated on October 21st, 2019
A new business tries its best to make an impact in the market. However, success only comes when you get enough visibility to influence the audience. Fortunately, a seemingly easy way to promote your business is to have a website which entices the readers to come along and have a look.
Again the website setting process is not a cakewalk and if you are not much informed you can commit errors of judgment.
Word Press as a platform is very useful in this case and there are multiple plugins that would help you set up the website.
Here are details of 10 of the best WordPress plugins to make your choice. You can go through the careful analysis we have done and choose those which would serve your purpose well.
Hopefully, with the correct decision, you can relax and set up the website with ease.
Do you want to attract an insane amount of traffic to your WordPress site from Facebook, Twitter and other social networks? Then you need an easy-to-setup eye-catching “Share it” button that will make visitors want to spread your awesome content.
- High Performance Social Media Icons – easy to use – Share Buttons for the most common networks
- High Resolution lossless vector font share button icons
- Show the Total Social Media Share count at a glance
- Object and transient caches to provide incredibly fast execution speed of Social Media Icons
- Extensible with many Add-Ons (Google Analytics, More Social Networks, Responsive, YouTube Video Share and more…)
- Developer friendly with several filters and actions.
- Highly customizable
- Smart (virtual) share count function. Add virtual shares to new articles. Use psychological aspects to increase real shares.
- Social Media Icons with Improved performance
- Option to disable Social Media share count completely (no sql queries will be generated any longer)
- Shortcode option to disable share counts
- Checking if curl is working on the server
- Option to disable share count cache for testing purposes
- Use of sharp and crisp clear font Social Media Icons instead Social Media Icons images
- Button ‘extra content’ for content slider subcribe forms or any other content New: Use a link for the Subscribe button instead the toggle drop down
- Complete rewrite of CSS for easier modifications
- Improved MashShare Social Media extension system
- Improved backend, new MashShare Social Media Add-On page
- Multi language capable, *.po files
- Change color of share counts via setting
- Count up animation for share buttons counts (Does not work for shortcodes and on blog pages)
- HTML5 Tag < aside > wrapped around to tell search engines that the share buttons are not part of the content
- Plus button moves to end of share buttons when activated and does not stay longer in place.
- Drag and drop sort order of share buttons services.
- Enable desired Social Media share buttons Icons with one click
- Choose which Social Media network should be visible all the time This ones will be large sized by default. Other Social Media networks are behind the plus sign
- Three different effective share button styles – Less is more here
- Choose border radius of the Social Media buttons
- Keep settings when share buttons are uninstalled – optional
- Custom CSS field for individual styling of the social media share buttons
Review: BUSINESS 2 COMMUNITY
Encourage your visitors to share your content from a blog post or page. MashShare is an easy-to-setup plugin that generates an attractive social media sharing button that will catch the eyes of your readers. The icons are fully customizable and work with all of the major networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and more. Download and install for free or purchase additional add-ons for your website.
2. MobileMonkey’s WP-Chatbot
WP-Chatbot by MobileMonkey is the fastest, simplest way to add Facebook Messenger chat to your WordPress site! From your website, visitors can chat you, your live support team or your chatbot using Facebook Messenger.
Wp-chatbot By Mobilemonkey Is A Clear Solution For Adding Chat To Your Website With:
- One click-install for WordPress
- Detailed positioning and customization
- Custom greeting
- Facebook page branding
- And full integration with MobileMonkey Facebook Messenger solutions platform!
- Integrates with your Facebook Business page easily and quickly
- Uses Facebook Messenger, the most powerful, widespread, and robust messaging platform in the world
- Provides live chat functionality to any WordPress website
- Works on any device, any size, anywhere in the world
- Compatible with all versions of WordPress
- Uses chatbot technology to provide constant support, even if no customer service staff are available.
- The chat can be continued at any time using Messenger, even if users aren’t on your website.
- It is compatible with hundreds of plugins, themes, and ecommerce platforms including WooCommerce
MobileMonkey is the premier Facebook Messenger marketing chatbot platform. MobileMonkey allows marketers to create powerful chatbots, interact with their customers, segment their audience, grow their contact list, and drive conversions. The possibilities are endless, and the potential is enormous.
Larry Kim, MobileMonkey’s founder and CEO claims that “Facebook Messenger chatbots are the #1 growth marketing channel for the next 5-10 years.”
Backup Proof Your WordPress Site from Hacking, Server Failure, Faulty Updates or User Mistakes which can break your Business. That’s why you need BackupBreeze, the Quick and Breezy way to do WordPress Backups.
- Create Copies, Rename during Restore, Create Test or Staging Sites using Restore Wizard .
- Automated WordPress Backup every hour, 12 hours, Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly or Monthly
- Restoration Wizard Provided to Auto Restore the Website From Any Backup.
- Create Copies, Rename during Restore, Create Test or Staging Sites using Restore Wizard.
- Get Expert help and support from WordPress Developers whenever you need it
- Choose which files/directory to backup and which ones to ignore
Review: BUSINESS 2 COMMUNITY
Backup your existing website or creating a new staging project. BackUpBreeze provides an easy way to quickly download your files and data to places like Amazon Web Services, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Create an automatic schedule hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly. Automatically restore from any backup. This is a great tool to use if you need to transition to another host provider, protect your website, or make copies in the case of a security attack.
4. Akismet Anti-Spam
Akismet checks your comments and contact form submissions against our global database of spam to prevent your site from publishing malicious content. You can review the comment spam it catches on your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
- Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
- URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site.
Want to reduce comment spam on your WordPress site? Akismet is the most popular WordPress comment spam protection tool. It is also the only other plugin that comes pre-installed with every WordPress website. In this Akismet review, we will take a look at its features, effectiveness, and ease of use.
5. Popup Maker
Popup Maker™ is the best popup plugin WordPress has to offer. It is extremely versatile & flexible. Bend it to create any type of popup, modal or content overlay for your WordPress website.
- Customize every facet of your popups, from theme and position to targeting and cookies.
- Easily create EU cookie notices, option popups, slide-ins, modal forms & more.
- Learn popup tips and tricks, and create cool popups using guides found on our Blog!
- Unlimited Popups & Themes
- 100% Customizable Popups
- WYSIWYG Editor
- Mobile Responsive Popups
- Disable for Mobile Devices
- Visual Theme Builder
- Precision User Targeting
- Click Open Popup Triggers
- Multiple Trigger Types
- Customizable Animations
- Control Position & Sizing
- Accessibility Ready
- Screen Reader Compatible
- Tightly Integrated with WP
- Popup Analytics
- Premium Extensions
What do you like best?
Popup maker is one of the best popup plugins I’ve used. It’s very easy to configure and has a clean interface. It doesn’t overwhelm with unnecessary options. Triggers and cookie control is very helpful. And there are a lot of targeting options which allow you to target your selected audience very specifically. Like other plugin makers, the developers didn’t make the free one unworthy. Another cool feature of this plugin is built-in analytics. You don’t need to use another tracking tools to track the performance.
What do you dislike?
The only bad thing I found is the support. The support team should be more responsive.
Recommendations to others considering the product:
If you’re looking for a popup builder plugin, give it a try. It’s even better than the paid ones.
What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
I own a coupon website. I need to promote my partner companies offers. As pop-ups are one of the best ways to attract visitor’s attention, I use this plugin to make popups on my website. It generates more clicks than any other ways.
6. Yoast SEO
Need some help with your search engine optimization? Need an SEO plugin that helps you reach for the stars? Yoast SEO is the original WordPress SEO plugin since 2008. It is the favorite tool of millions of users, ranging from the bakery around the corner to some of the most popular sites on the planet.
With Yoast SEO, you get a solid toolset that helps you aim for that number one spot in the search results. Yoast: SEO for everyone. Yoast SEO does everything in its power to please both visitors and search engine spiders.
- Optimize for related keywords as well
- Internal linking suggestions
- Preview of your page in Google
- Preview of your page in social media
- Readability check: increase the chances that people actually read your page
- Full control over your breadcrumbs
- No duplicate content: avoid confusing Google
- Working in every WordPress editor
- Technical stuff in the background
- Content insights
- Redirect manager: your visitors don’t get stuck on a 404 Not Found page
- Always updated for Google’s algorithm
- Focus keyword export
- Redirect manager
- Advanced context detection: word forms
- Internal linking
- Social previews
- Orphaned content filter
- Stale cornerstone content filter
- Content types: Let’s you choose default settings for all of your WordPress pages and posts. For example, you can noindex all of your posts.
- Taxonomies: Create rules for WordPress category pages, tags and more.
- Archive: Setup rules for your author pages (including my preference: not having them).
- Breadcrumbs: Helps you create breadcrumbs navigation for your site.
- RSS feed: Settings for your blog’s RSS feed.
Are you comparing different WordPress SEO plugins? Yoast SEO is one of the most popular WordPress plugins ever. It is also one of the best SEO plugin for WordPress powered websites. In this Yoast SEO Review, we will take a look at the features and performance of the plugin.
WordPress uses the best coding practices and outputs clean standard compliant HTML. This makes it SEO friendly out of the box.
However, thousands of websites compete to gain top positions in search results for fewer keywords. This makes it a little bit challenging for new websites to perform better in search results.
An SEO plugin helps you easily optimize your website to perform better in search results. It helps with details where WordPress cannot do much. For example, creating content, managing keywords, submitting sitemaps, using webmaster tools, etc.
WooCommerce is an open-source, completely customizable eCommerce platform for entrepreneurs worldwide. Go beyond the confines of traditional eCommerce solutions, and be limited only by your own imagination.
- Made for developers
- Create a beautiful store where customers can find what they want
- Sell any product, any time
- Manage orders and customers
- Optimize your store to sell more
- Get help realizing your vision
- Add a title in the title field.
- Add some content in the post editor.
- Add an image through the Featured Image panel.
- Add an URL in the Feature Details panel.
WooCommerce is a flexible, open-source eCommerce solution built on WordPress. Whether you’re launching a business, taking an existing brick and mortar store online, or designing sites for clients you can get started quickly and build exactly the store you want.
Activate the free WooCommerce plugin on a new or existing WordPress site, follow the optional guided tour, and set up a new store in minutes with:
- Product, Cart, and Checkout pages
- Secure payments by credit card and alternatives
- Configurable shipping options, including flat rates and label printing
- Integrate content and commerce across your site via modular blocks
- Automated tax calculations
- Google Analytics, MailChimp, and Facebook integration
- Central store dashboard with key metrics, and more.
8. Google XML Sitemaps
Use this plugin to greatly improve SEO to create special XML sitemaps which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your site.
With such a sitemap, it’s much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
- Faster indexation of your store content – better SEO score.
- Configure frequency updates – for each type of page CMS, Product, Category, Custom URL.
- Individual Product control – control what Products you want to be included/excluded from sitemap.
- Individual Category control – control what Categories you want to be included/excluded from sitemap.
- Individual CMS Pages control – control what CMS Pages you want to be included/excluded from sitemap.
- Add unlimited custom URLs – full control over each URL’s priority, store-view, change frequency and update date.
- Dynamic generated sitemap – once configured, always up to date.
- Increase conversions and reduce bounce rate – allow search engines to index the appropriate elements of your store in order to reduce bounce rate and improve conversions.
- Reduce return rate – help buyers find the best product for them using specific relevant information already indexed in search engines using your advanced sitemap.
- Easy to use – no coding needed.
- Best practice coding – extending the functionality of the default Magento 2 XML sitemap.
Concerned about Google indexing your WordPress site properly? Then you could use the help of the Google XML Sitemaps plugin for WordPress. In our Google XML Sitemaps review, you’ll learn all about how this free plugin can help you generate a special sitemap and notify all the major search engines whenever your blog is updated, ensuring your site will get indexed properly.
9. MonsterInsights Lite
MonsterInsights shows you the stats that matter, so you can grow your business with confidence.
With over 2 million active installs, MonsterInsights is the most popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
Unlike other Google Analytics plugins, MonsterInsights allow you to enable all advanced Google analytics tracking features with just a few clicks (no need to hire a developer).
The best part is that MonsterInsights comes with a Google Analytics Dashboard for WordPress that shows you actionable analytics reports right inside your WordPress dashboard.
- Fast and simple installation and setup. Setting up Google analytics on your website can be overwhelming and time-consuming especially for beginners. MonsterInsights help you to do this within less than five minutes regardless of your tech skills.
- “Sessions” Chart. See all the sessions that occurred on your website during the last month. Compare both the total and average number with the data from the previous month.
- “Pageviews” Chart. Inspect all the times your pages were viewed by a visitor. Compare both the total and average number with the data from the previous month.
- New vs Returning Visitors. Check which percentage of users were “new visitors” against those who already were in your site.
- Top 10 Countries. Segment your users based on the country from where they visited the website.
- Device Breakdown. Segment your users based on the device from where they visited the website.
- Referrals. Inspect which websites used your users to access your site.
- Top Posts / Pages. Find out which Posts and Pages are the most popular in your site. Discover how many times a certain page was visited in the last month.
- Publishers Report. Inspect the top landing pages, top exit pages, top outbound links, top affiliate links, the demographics of your users and the top download links.
- eCommerce Report. In this report, you will be able to see the conversion rate, transactions, revenue, average order value, top products, and top conversion sources.
- Search Console Report. See the top Google Search Terms, clicks, impressions, the average position of each term and click-through rate.
- Dimensions Report. Select only the data and time-range that you want to track in your reports, so you can focus on the relevant information.
- Forms Report. Find out how your forms are performing and which one gives your the most conversions.
- EU Compliance Addon. If you live in the EU, this is probably one of the most important points from the Monsterinsights review. With this Addon, you can easily implement Google AMP Consent Box, Chrome browser opt-out extension and other important plugins such as Cookie Notice and CookieBot.
- Date Range History. Select the date range that you want to see at every moment. You are not only limited at the last 30 days anymore.
- Engagement Tracking. This feature allows you to track, or ignore users who are logged in. Also, MonsterInsights is clever enough to ignore certain user roles such as Administrator and Editor.
- File Downloads. Track your file downloads. Find out who is downloading your files and from which pages.
- Enhanced Link Tracking. If you have more than one link pointing to the same page, this feature tells you which one is performing the best, so you can focus your efforts on that one.
- Affiliate Links. Get important metrics about your affiliate links. Track every time your affiliate links are being clicked by visitors, so you can optimize your campaigns.
- Ads Addon. Using the “Ads” Addon, you can track every time your banners are clicked so you can optimize the positioning of those and increase your overall revenue.
- Performance Addon. If you run a successful website you might end up reaching the Google Analytics processing limits. This Addon gives you the ability to make sample rate and site speed sample rate adjustments.
- Google AMP Addon. The AMP versions of your pages increase the loading speed of your mobiles pages. Unfortunately, sometimes it comes to the cost of producing wrong analytics. With this Addon, you can properly track the AMP versions of your pages and correct those misalignments.
- FB Instant Articles. FB Instant Articles follow a similar philosophy to the AMP pages, and like them, have analytics issues that make them display inaccurate data. This addon corrects those problems so you can completely rely on that information.
- Author Tracking. If you have several authors this feature will come in handy. You will obtain metrics about who well your contributors are performing: Who is the most popular? How many page views are getting?
- Logged-in User Tracking. Find out how your logged-in users are behaving: Which pages are they visiting? At what time? From which links?
- Category / Tags Tracking. Using the “Custom Dimensions” Addon, you can discover which categories and tags are the most popular and have the most page views, so you create most articles targetting those taxonomies.
- SEO Score Tracking. Using the “Custom Dimensions” Addon, you can track over time, the SEO Score of the different pages of your site.
Officially known as Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress by MonsterInsights, this plugin takes you through the process of adding, customizing and managing Google analytics. The plugin brings Google site tracking services right to your WordPress dashboard hence making the process of tracking your site simpler and faster.
Redirection is the most popular redirect manager for WordPress. With it you can easily manage 301 redirections, keep track of 404 errors, and generally tidy up any loose ends your site may have. This can help reduce errors and improve your site ranking.
Redirection is designed to be used on sites with a few redirects to sites with thousands of redirects.
It has been a WordPress plugin for over 10 years and has been recommended countless times. And it’s free!
- Login status – redirect only if the user is logged in or logged out
- WordPress capability – redirect if the user is able to perform a certain capability
- Browser – redirect if the user is using a certain browser
- Referrer – redirect if the user visited the link from another page
- Cookies – redirect if a particular cookie is set
- HTTP headers – redirect based on a HTTP header
- Custom filter – redirect based on your own WordPress filter
- IP address – redirect if the client IP address matches
- Server – redirect another domain if also hosted on this server
- Page type – redirect if the current page is a 404
- Import and export to Apache .htaccess
- Export to Nginx rewrite rules
- Copy redirects between sites using JSON
- Import and export to CSV for viewing in a spreadsheet
- Use WP CLI to automate import and export
- Simple 301 Redirects
- SEO Redirection
- Safe Redirect Manager
- Rank Math
- WordPress old slug redirects
Looking for an easier way to redirect URLs on your WordPress site? There’s no need to mess around with .htaccess, potentially breaking your website, when you use the Redirection WordPress plugin. Find out how to set up redirects the easy way in our Redirection review.
Why You Should Be Setting Up Redirects:
- You’ve seen them around the web: 404 Page Not Found!
- It’s a frustrating experience when you can’t find the content you’re looking for.
- If you’ve been blogging for any length of time, you’ve probably accumulated a number of 404 errors on your own website. That’s natural, the occasional 404 error isn’t going to ruin your site.
- But if you want to keep your reader frustration to a minimum, and make sure those 404s aren’t tanking your search engine rankings, you’ve got to keep on top of them.
- With automatic redirects, you can fix those 404s and keep your users happy by sending them to the content they’re looking for — not to mention keeping that link juice flowing.