Bollywood queen Deepika Padukone has recently been featured on Variety Magazine’s International Women’s Impact report, alongside other powerful women like J. K. Rowling, Sofia Vergara, Adele, Gal Gadot and Emma Watson.
She got applauded for her contribution to the cinema and for partaking in philanthropic efforts. The report honoured 50 women across the globe for their impact on their respective fields. The recognition came in time to mark International Women’s Day which fell on March 08.
Every other day, stories about Deepika Padukone are breaking the Internet. Stories about Bollywood Queen Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh getting engaged in a secret ceremony, and unconfirmed reports about their much awaited ‘wedding’ flooded the Internet a couple of days back.
So, Deepika Padukone is absolutely darling of the Bollywood lovers!! But hey, we already knew that, right?
She is an unbelievably talented actress, a humanitarian, a fantastic role model, a feminist, and more. But, as much as we think we know about her, there is still a ton of stuff that a lot of us know nothing about.
Did you know that she actually was born in Copenhagen? Read on to find out the answers to these, along with other cool facts!
1. Deepika was born in Copenhagen (Denmark) and raised in Bangalore
2. Apart from Acting & Modeling , she has written columns for a newspaper and also expressed her views about issues like Feminism
You May Also Like 25 Photos Of Deepika Padukone
3. In Teenage Deepika played Badminton upto National level, but she left that career to become a Model
4. In 2006 she made her acting debut with a Kannada Film Aishwarya. (Many think she debuted with Om Shanti Om)
5. She played a Dual Role in her first Bollywood release Om Shanti Om and won a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. Movie went onto become the Blockbuster of 2007
6. Deepika’s first success before Om Shanti Om was a Commercial with Liril Soap
You May Also Like 20 Best Disha Patani Photos On Instagram
7. Deepika loves outdoor sports. Her sister Anisha is a golf champ
8. In 2006 Himesh Reshammiya gave break to Deepika Padukone with his music video Naam hai Tera Tera.
9. Deepika learned dance from Shiamak Davar and acting from Anupam Kher
You May Also Like Meet The Sexiest Women Of The 2017 Maxim Hot 100
10. Impressed by her acting performance in Ramleela, Amitabh Bachchan sent her a bouquet as appreciation, she believes it as the most cherished one
11. She adopted Ambegaon village in Maharashtra and helps them with electricity and water needs.
12. She has 4 back to back 100 crore films (Race 2, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Chennai Express, Ram Leela) in 2013 making her the first actress to do that
13. Deepika is ranked 9 in the Forbes 2015 Celebrity list with an earnings of 59 crores. She is the only lady to be featured in Top 10.
You May Also Like 30 Childhood Photos Of Indian Celebrities We Bet You Haven’t Seen Before
14. Deepika Padukone has won 3 Filmfare Awards, 9 Screen Awards, 6 Zee Cine Awards, 3 Stardust Awards & 6 IIFA Awards for the contributions to the Film Industry.
15. Deepika loves the clothes designed by the fashion brand “ZARA” and one can see her sporting this brand’s outfits several times.
You May Also Like The ‘Padmavati’ Story So Far: 200 Craftsmen and 400 Kilos Of Gold!
16. For the movie Chandni Chowk to China, Deepika mastered a Japanese martial art form—Jujutsu—-and performed all the stunts herself, without a body double.
Let’s Explore Some Beautiful Deepika Padukone TV Ads
Deepika Padukone reveals her secrets during Vogue India’s February 2018 shoot
Deepika Padukone Tanishq TV Ads | Creative Indian Commercials
You May Also Like 30 Hot Pictures Of Sridevi’s Daughters From Instagram
Deepika Padukone celebrates Mother’s day with Tanishq
Most Beautiful Deepika Padukone Loving TV Ads Collection
Deepika is Back Again!
Deepika Padukone and Purab Kohli
Jaquar Lighting TVC 2018 | Deepika Padukone