November 25th, 2020 | Updated on June 30th, 2022
Emma Corrin’s full name is Emma-Louise Corrin. She was rejected from drama school — twice — and ended up studying English at Cambridge University.
1. Emma Corrin’s full name is Emma-Louise Corrin.
2. She plays Audrey in her school’s production of Little Shop of Horrors.
3. Emma previously appeared in the TV series Pennyworth as Esme Winikus. She also starred in the film Misbehaviour.
4. Emma was rejected from drama school — twice — and ended up studying English at Cambridge University.
5. When The Crown was casting the role of Camilla Parker Bowles, they actually hired Emma to come in and just read for Diana off camera.
6. Emma watched Diana: In Her Own Words “about a hundred times”. She even met with Diana’s private secretary, Patrick Jephson.
7. The first scene Emma filmed as Diana is when Princess Diana is woken up at Balmoral before her hunt with Prince Philip.
8. To celebrate getting the role of Princess Diana, Emma adopted an adorable dog and named him Spencer.
9. Emma learned jazz, tap, and ballet during filming of ‘The Crown’.
10. She was hospitalized after filming the moment in The Crown when Princess Diana is playing in the pool with William and Harry.
11. She recently wrote and directed a short film for Gucci called Red Rendezvous.
12. Emma said the moment she felt like she had “made it” was when a friend sent her a photo of a massive billboard going up “outside her flat” for The Crown with Emma, Olivia Colman, and Gillian Anderson on it.
13. Emma found out she got the role of Princess Diana when she was with Josh O’Connor.
14. She also read letters that Prince Philip and Princess Diana wrote to each other — it helped her realize how much they related to each other since they were both outsiders in this family.
15. Harry Styles once looked after Emma’s dog when she went out to dinner and he happened to live nearby — she joked, “The thing I love about this is that my dog has no idea [it was Harry], which is, I think, the wonderful thing about it. For a dog, it’s just a person.”
16. When Emma filmed the moment of Diana being followed by paparazzi, it was one of the first times Emma experienced paparazzi following her in real life.
17. While the song was changed in the final version of the episode, Emma was actually dancing to Cher’s “Do You Believe”.
18. She was hospitalized after filming the moment in The Crown when Princess Diana is playing in the pool with William and Harry.
19. Emma enjoyed the first three episodes of The Crown Season 4 the most because she was able to play Diana before “the tragedy”.