August 11th, 2018 | Updated on October 2nd, 2018
So, you’ve just lost your files on memory card, computer or external storage gadget. You are confused about what to do, but you’ve also found that you can get back your files by use of data recovery software.
But wait; do you know how you can pick the memory card recovery software? Note that there are many out there, but not all are good. Some are said to be free but when it comes to getting back all your files, you will be required to buy a license.
This is a trick used by some platforms out there to lure users into buying their memory data recovery software.
So, how do you choose the best from the bad? You don’t have to worry, since we’ve used more than 50 memory card recovery software free of charge and paid versions both for Windows PCs and for Macs and compiled a list of the best here.
The card recovery software we’ve shared here are free or freeware and you can use them to scan, get back your files and save them without being requested to pay for a license.
Before we proceed to share the list, we’ve also shared some data recovery tips to boost the likelihood of getting back your lost/deleted files.
Note that after the loss of the data, once you save new data to the memory card, the lost data may be overwritten and this could be difficult to recover it.
- Don’t use the memory card or computer where your files were lost from
- Avoid installing the recovery software on the machine you want to get back your lost files from.
- Once you’ve done recovering the lost files, save them a different disk drive.
These memory card recovery tools will relieve you from the headaches of deleting files. Sometimes we accidentally delete files from our memory cards of computers or it can be a loss caused by viruses or a corrupt disk drive.
This happens when we don’t have a backup plan for our important files. But you don’t have to worry since we have free data recovery Mac software, PC and more.
Now let’s get into the list of best free memory card recovery software.
1. Recoverit Memory Card Recovery Software
Our #1 in the list is Recoverit Memory Recovery Software. This software will effectively recovery your lost/deleted files, photos, music emails from all types of storage devices. It carries the recovery process safely.
The good thing about this memory card recovery software is that it supports the recovery of files from flash drives, camcorders memory card, and many other storage devices. It will get back lost data that as a result of accidental deletion, virus attack and system failures among other causes. It will also recover data from a crashed computer that cannot start.
The second-best SD card recovery software in our list is Recuva that can retrieve lost/delete files from DVDs, CDs, external storage devices, memory cards, and hard drives.
There are many data recovery software out there, but they can’t beat Recuva since you can use it to perform photo recovery from memory card and also on hard drives.
This data recovery is best for numerous reasons.
- It is completely free for personal data recovery use.
- It performs file recovery effectively.
- It performs an advanced scan mode.
- It has an easy to use interface.
- It offers a preview screen of the recovered files before you can complete the process.
- It supports FAT and NTFS formats.
3. Stellar Data Recovery
Like the name suggests, this memory card recovery software does a stellar recovery job whether you are using a Mac and Windows PC.
If you are worried about your accidentally lost files, then worry no more, Stellar Data Recovery software is the tool to get back your files.
You can get stellar data recovery software for home and for business use. Let’s look at features that make this data recovery software the best
- It is designed with advanced features and offers a quick data recovery
- It recovers data safely from a variety of storage devices such as USB drives, memory cards, hard disks and more.
- It is an easy-to-use data recovery software thus making it ideal for non-techies
- It supports macOS, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Windows XP, and Vista.
A data recovery that you will never miss out on any list of the best memory card recovery software is the TestDisk. It is a free solution designed to recover deleted/lost files, repair crashed disks.
This card recovery software offers features such as:
- Capabilities to rebuild the boot sector of hard drives
- It’s a free open source and a safe software to use
- Can recover lost data from virus attack, crashed hard drives and faulty software.
- It supports Microsoft Windows, macOS and more
In conclusion, we would like to recommend these mentioned memory card recovery software as being powerful when it comes to retrieving lost/deleted files. They are easy to use and secure for your recovery needs and they are also free to use.