December 7th, 2018 | Updated on December 11th, 2018
Dental experts very often need to face question from the patients asking about the difference between General Dentistry and Cosmetic Dentistry. Majority of people do believe in the fact that whatever be the type of problem with teeth they need to visit a dentist.
Many are not aware that dentistry is one such field of medical science which has multi specialization. You can ask your Framingham dentist regarding this to get clarity about the difference between the two. We are sharing few things which you must know.
1. The problems which are addressed both by general dentist and cosmetic dentist:
- Decaying teeth
- Missing teeth
- Broken teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- General oral health
There will be a difference in approach of the specialists to treat the problem.
2. Who is a general dentist and who is cosmetic dentist?
- General dentist: A general dentist plays the role of a primary dental health care provider. The expert will diagnose as well as treat all types of common dental problems. He/she will be responsible to perform regular dental examinations, extractions, teeth cleanings, straightening and alignment, using different procedures. General dentistry is of preventative nature which needs routine visit for examination.
- Cosmetic dentist: Cosmetic dentist is a specialist who takes care about the dental work which helps in improving the look and appearance of the dental beauty. The expert here will focus on making improvement of the dental aesthetics. You can call a cosmetic specialist as smile specialist who can improve the look of your smile with changes in the look of teeth.
3. Cost of general and cosmetic dentistry
The procedures of cosmetic dentistry are always more when compared with general dentistry procedures. The main reason behind the same is that here experts make use of the most advanced technology of medical science.
Even the Cosmetic dentistry centers need to hire technical specialists of cosmetic dentistry to complete the process and that what adds to overall cost of the procedure.
The Dental materials, which are used in the treatment and the cost of aftercare process all contribute towards making the overall cost very high in any procedure of cosmetic dentistry.
In short we can say general dentistry is cost effective and it offers handles all regular problems related to teeth. But when the concept of aesthetic look comes in dental beauty cosmetic dentistry need to be involved and will cost you high.
The above are the 3 major points which can give you an idea about the difference between these 2 fields of dental science. In case you are looking for more information and in depth knowledge on the topic then it is advisable for you to get in touch with a reputed Framingham dentist.
Based on the nature of treatment you are looking forward for you need to decide which dentist will be ideal for you… a general dentist or a cosmetic one. Don’t forget to check the reputation of the dentist before you visit the clinic for treatment.