Published on December 11th, 2017
Most of the time we post happy, uplifting, beautiful images, but this post is a collection of raw, powerful, and unforgettable photographs that tell the story of heartbreak, compassion, wonder, triumph, despair, and pure joy.
Here are the most influential and beautiful pictures that tell a story.
1. Models with floral arrangements greet travelers at Central Station in Utrecht, Netherlands. About 20,000 spring flowers were used to promote Keukenhof, the largest flower show in the world.
2. Representatives of the Pearly Kings and Pearly Queens charitable organization read notes on flowers laid in Parliament Square in London to Khalid Masood’s deadly attack.
3. A child peers through a cutout in a European Union flag during a rally marking the 60th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome in downtown Bucharest.
4. A man waves traditional daggers, or jambiyas, as he attends with supporters of the Houthi movement and Yemen’s former president Ali Abdullah Saleh a rally to mark two years of the military intervention by the Saudi-led coalition, in Sanaa, Yemen.
5. People view the body of an alleged drug trafficker killed during a shootout with police in the Pavuna neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro. Military police say they are investigating a video that appears to show two officers executing two injured suspects lying on the ground.
6. Residents load body bags into a pickup truck in the Mosul al-Jadida neighborhood of Mosul, Iraq, on March 24, after reported coalition air strikes.
7. An Iraqi counterterrorism forces member stands guard in the Mosul al-Jadida area, following air strikes in which civilians were reportedly killed during an ongoing offensive against ISIS.
8. Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka Trump meet with women small business owners, including Jessica Johnson (center), at the White House.
9. Trump supporters yell at a protester during a “Make America Great Again” march and rally in in Huntington Beach, California.
10. A protester carries an anti-Trump sign before the start of a town hall meeting where Thomas Homan, acting director of enforcement for ICE, spoke to a hostile crowd in Sacramento.
11. Russian President Vladimir Putin inspects an ice cave on Alexandra Land, an island of the Franz Josef Land Archipelago in the Russian Arctic.
12. Police detain a protester in downtown Moscow. Thousands of people crowded into Moscow’s Pushkin Square for an unsanctioned protest against the Russian government, the biggest gathering in a wave of nationwide protests that were the most extensive show of defiance in years.
13. The newest members of the New York City Police Department attend their police academy graduation ceremony at Madison Square Garden. Over 600 new officers were sworn in during the ceremony.
14. Brides-to-be participate in the “Running of the Brides” race in a park in Bangkok.
15. Chinese Premier Li Keqiang receives a “hongi” — a traditional New Zealand Maori welcome — from Piri Sciascia during an official welcoming ceremony at Government House in Wellington, New Zealand.
16. A farmer from the southern state of Tamil Nadu bites a rat during a protest demanding a drought-relief package from the federal government, in New Delhi, India.
17. Malaysian tiger cubs play with resident nursery dog Blakely at the Cincinnati Zoo on March 29. Three cubs were born in the zoo’s captive breeding program on Feb. 3 to 3-year-old Cinta, but the first-time mother rejected her offspring, prompting zookeepers to intervene.
18. Orthotist Derrick Campana kneels beside Angel Marie, a pony using prostheses he made with the help of Plastics Make it Possible at Animal Ortho Care in Sterling, Virginia.
19. Five-year-old George Lewys poses with two forest giant owl butterflies (Caligo eurilochus) on orange slices at London’s Natural History Museum.
20. President Donald Trump celebrates the ceremonial swearing-in of Neil Gorsuch as the 113th Supreme Court justice in the Rose Garden at the White House, following a private ceremony at the Supreme Court.
21. Peterbald kittens sit inside their cage during a regional cat exhibition in Almaty.
22. Hooded penitents from the La Borriquita brotherhood take part in a Holy Week procession in Cordoba, Spain. Hundreds of processions take place throughout the country during the Easter Holy Week.
23. Pope Francis washes the feet of inmates of the Paliano maximum security prison, south of Rome, Holy Thursday. The pre-Easter ritual is meant to show the pope’s willingness to serve and offer hope to society’s most marginal people.
24. A South American cowboy known as a gaucho is thrown off a wild horse during the Criolla del Prado rodeo, held during Holy Week to reward the best riders, in Montevideo, Uruguay.
25. Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip feed bananas to Donna, a 7-year-old Asian elephant, at the opening of the new Centre for Elephant Care at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, England.
26. Philadelphia Phillies second baseman Cesar Hernandez is doused by teammates after he hit a walk-off RBI single during the ninth inning of a home game against the Washington Nationals.
27. An elephant sprays tourists with water in celebration of the Songkran Water Festival in Ayutthaya province, north of Bangkok.
28. NASA astronaut Shane Kimbrough is carried into a medical tent outside the Soyuz MS-02 spacecraft just minutes after he and Russian cosmonauts Sergey Ryzhikov and Andrey Borisenko landed in a remote area of Kazakhstan.
29. Men help an injured demonstrator during a rally against Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro’s government in Caracas.
30. Betty Rodriguez, right, comforts her granddaughter Giselle during a prayer service held to honor the shooting victims at North Park Elementary School, San Bernardino, California.
31. Miner Donnie Claycomb, 27, of Limestone, West Virginia, attends an event with Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt at the Harvey Mine in Sycamore, Pennsylvania.
32. An Iraqi federal policeman relaxes between firefights during a battle to recapture west Mosul from ISIS.
33. A demonstrator prays during a protest against the US missile strikes in Syria. Hundreds took to the streets chanting “Hands off Syria!” and “Money for jobs and education, not for war and occupation!” after the US fired a barrage of cruise missiles into Syria.
34. Smoke rises after Syrian Regime Forces bombed the Menshiyye neighborhood as opposition forces advance toward the center of Daraa, Syria. The military opposition, which controls 45% of the center of Daraa province, began an operation two months ago against the regime’s heavy air attacks.
35. A woman stands near a pew covered in blood inside a Coptic Christian church that was bombed in the city of Tanta, one of two Palm Sunday attacks in Egypt that killed dozens of people.
36. A Stockholm police officer carries a red rose in his duty, the day after a deadly truck attack in the Swedish.
37. Nazi concentration camp survivor Alexander Bytschok of Kiev, Ukraine, mourns during commemoration ceremonies for the 72th anniversary of the liberation of Buchenwald near Weimar, Germany.
38. A girl attends Palm Sunday services at Al-Saleeb church in Damascus, Syria.
39. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau presents Nobel Peace Prize laureate Malala Yousafzai with a Canadian flag during a ceremony in the Library of Parliament on Parliament Hill in Ottawa.
40. A woman writes on a tribute to victims outside Ahlens department store in Stockholm, two days after a man hijacked a truck, drove into a crowd of pedestrians, and crashed into the store.
41. One hundred Amnesty International activists dressed as the Statue of Liberty protest outside the US Embassy in London to mark President Donald Trump’s first 100 days in office.
42. A man looks on as opposing factions gather over the cancellation of conservative commentator Ann Coulter’s speech at the University of California, Berkeley.
43. A protester shows her support of science during the March for Science in Seattle.
44. California “weed nun” Christine Meeusen, 57 (right), and India Delgado, who goes by the name Sister Eevee, smoke a joint at Sisters of the Valley near Merced, California.
45. Matthew Rees of Swansea Harrier (left) helps an ailing David Wyeth of Chorlton Runners (center) down The Mall to finish the Virgin Money London Marathon.
46. German Chancellor Angela Merkel shakes hands with a mascot called “Little Czar” during an election campaign event of her Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party in Sierksdorf, Germany on
47. Pharmacist Tiffany Brown laughs as she relates her first experience meeting former president Barack Obama during a forum at the University of Chicago to promoted community organizing. The visit marked Obama’s first formal public appearance since leaving office.
48. National Front Party leader and presidential candidate Marine Le Pen salutes the crowd after a political meeting on April 27 in Nice, France. Le Pen is campaigning against En Marche founder Emmanuel Macron ahead of the next round of the French presidential elections.
49. Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny poses for a photo after unknown attackers doused him with green antiseptic outside a conference venue in Moscow.
50. U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis looks out over Kabul, Afghanistan, as he arrives via helicopter at Resolute Support headquarters.
source : buzzfeed.com