Published on August 13th, 2017
1. The vintage photos show the journey of Indians as they migrated across the border after independence.
2. Mohammed Ali Jinnah and Gandhi captured in a priceless moment in 1944.
3. Relations between Hindus, Sikhs and Muslims strain during the fight for Independence.
4. The Indian flag was hoisted at India House, Aldwych, London on 15th August 1947, to celebrate India’s Independence.
5. This picture shows Muslims refugees from India after the partition.
6. Mahatma Gandhi and Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore. Did you know that it was Tagore who gave the title of ‘Mahatma” to Gandhiji.
7. The only known photo of Ghalib, the great Urdu-Persian poet. Priceless.
8. What looks like the moon surface is actually the India Gate circle around in the 1940s.
9. Mahatma Gandhi in South Africa with a unidentified friend. Gandhiji was a wealthy lawyer then.
10. Mohammed Ali Jinnah’s last press conference on Indian soil, before he left for the newly-formed state of Pakistan to don the mantle of “Qaid-e-Azam”.
11. Bombay Central in 1940s.
12. The life of the British under the Raj. While they ruled India, lived apart form the Indians – hear of the cantonments dotting the Indian landscape?
13.Every vantage point taken at Mahatma Gandhi’s funeral.
14. Hyderabad’s Charminar in the 1940s.
15. Indian mother and child
16. A Royal Family of India
17. Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi & Charlie Chaplin soak it in, in Switzerland.
18. Would you believe, that is the Churchgate Station in Mumbai, long years ago.
19. The Golden Temple at Amritsar in the 1860’s.
20. The Imperial Crown of India in 1937.
21. Mohammad Ali Jinnah and Mahatma Gandhi at Jinnah’s house in the 1940s.
22. A grain merchant displays his wares in Mumbai in the 1880s.
23. Poet laureate Rabindranath Tagore and scientist Albert Einstein in a rare photo.
24. Portrait of Group of Brahmans
25. Group Photograph of Workers Repairing Road