Published on March 3rd, 2017
The sinking of the RMS Titanic is one of the most infamous shipwrecks in history. On April 15, 1912, during her maiden voyage, the Titanic sank after colliding with an iceberg, killing 1502 out of 2224 passengers and crew. This sensational tragedy shocked the international community and led to better safety regulations for ships.
Scroll Down For Titanic 1912 Original Film Footage
One of the reasons that the shipwreck led to such loss of life was that there were not enough lifeboats for the passengers and crew. Although there was some element of luck involved in surviving the sinking, some groups of people were more likely to survive than others, such as women, children, and the upper-class. Here are some historical images of titanic disaster, take a look.
1. Titanic under construction
2. Workmen stand next to the screws of the RMS Titanic at a shipyard in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
3. Titanic departing, 1912
4. Titanic, 1912
7. Titanic, a first-class cabin.
8. Original Titanic crew, 1912
9. The deck of the Titanic, 1912
You may also like 30 Photos From The Past Are Shocking, Crazy Or Both
10. Third class menu
11. Ticket for the Titanic, 1912.
12. Survivors of the Titanic row to the Carpathia, 1912
13. A Minia boat crew picks up a Titanic victim, April 26, 1912
14. This haunting photo shows the bodies of Titanic victims stacked on a boat deck before burial
15. Newspaper boy
16. Out of the 306 bodies recovered, records indicate that 166 of them were buried at sea.
17. A photograph was taken on a Tugboat on way to meet Carpathia. The Carpathia was sent to retrieve survivors of the Titanic.
18. Survivors of the ‘Titanic’ disaster at Millbay Docks in Plymouth, May 1, 1912
19. Titanic Sinks Four Hours After Hitting Iceberg
20. English Boy Scouts raising money for victims of the Titanic disaster, 1912.
Watch Titanic 1912 Original Film Footage
Video : YouTube: zubifunzone