Updated on February 26th, 2019
Tips to Travel with Car Seats and Strollers
So, are you interested in going on travel or have more adventure trips but your big concern is your toddler? You may feel that bringing your toddlers in a trip will give you stress and extra challenge. Well, think twice after you learn the tips on how you can travel with your child successfully and leave you no hassle.
How To Have Hassle-free Travel
Whenever you plan to bring your toddlers on your travel, the best thing to do is to bring a car seat and a stroller, you can also pack a toddler walker for them.With this, you will be able to minimize travel hassles and you can be comfortable all the time during your trip. So, here they are!
Traveling With Car Seats
Car seats are intended to keep your child safe during the trip. On the other hand, it is your biggest responsibility to secure your child’s safety and for you to keep them away from any harm and for you to have a hassle-free trip, consider the following tips.
- Use smaller car seats. Yes, it is quite ideal for you to make use of smaller car seats in a way that it will be easier for you to carry it and give you more space in the vehicle or even when you are on the plane. Also, it is also important for you to find a car seat model with product safety standards and is quite compact for your travel. Plus, it will allow you to save time in checking all your packs.
- Avail rental cars with child safety seats. Of course, you do not want to leave your toddlers when you are going to travel, so better purchase or rent a car to bring your toddlers to your destinations. It is the best option for you to choose a rental car which will make your child safe throughout your trip.
- Bring car seats on the board. The first thing for you to do to make it possible is to get certifications from FAA that you are allowed to bring the car seat on the board for you to avoid any risk. You would also need to carry it and go through the security and the gate. Lastly, you need to install and remove the car seat on the plane. So, it is necessary for you to choose a seat that will make the process easier.
- Bring your car seat together with a lightweight baggage. Most airlines do not ask for additional charges for the car seats, so might as well opt for them and it is also recommended for you to only bring lightweight baggage for more convenience.
Traveling With Strollers
Another way to be with your toddlers on a trip is to bring strollers that will make everything easier for you.
- Choose between check through and gate check. Through gate checking, you will be able to use strollers during your departure and arrival in the airport. It will take you about 10-15 minutes to finish the process which will provide you discomfort. On the other hand, in checking through, you will have no worries about waiting for the checking procedures. However, you do have to carry your child throughout the airport.
- Go for small strollers. Again, it is best recommended to travel with smaller pieces. There are lots of available compact strollers in the marketplace for you to choose from.
- Use cargo space. Another advantage of carrying a stroller is that you can use its cargo space to put on your personal items and diaper bags.
With all these tips, you would surely enjoy your trip with your toddlers. So, why leave your toddlers behind if you can have hassle-free travel with them?
Sophia Nguyen is the co-founder of HealthyBabyHappyEarth.com. She loves writing about babies and helping the parents by providing only the most useful information.