Built by the Khichi (Chauhan) rulers in the 16th- 17th century, it stands on a high hill on the banks of the Chapet River. It was used as headquarters of the Mahal of the Chanderi Sarkar in Akbar’s time, but was destroyed in 1816 by Daulat Rao Scindia’s general John Baptiste. The fort has 4 entrances. Though much of the fort is in ruins, Rang Mahal, Moti Mahal, Ram Mandir, and Bajrang Mandir are intact.
Request A Quote