Updated on October 26th, 2018
AT&T U-Verse is one of the most popular Internet and TV service providers in the country. It has over 15.7 million Internet users and about 47 million TV users across DIRECTV and U-Verse. With these huge figures, it is certain that it has many capabilities, but no service provider is perfect, and ATT is no exception.
Here, we will take a look upon some of the common AT&T U-Verse service and equipment issues along with their easy and quick solutions. So, let’s dive in!
When Your U-Verse Set Top Box Freezes
Till now the most common issue that is reported by AT&T users is the freezing of set-top boxes. This can be quite irritating, especially when you are right in the middle of your favorite TV show, or perhaps halfway through the playoffs. However, such issues always appear to pop up at the worst times.
So, if you come across a frozen U-Verse Box, do not panic. Follow the simple steps instead and get it operational again:
- Try to reset the box by pressing and holding the power button for about 10 seconds. This usually resolves 90 percent of the problems causing a freeze.
- In case this does not work, check whether the area where your receiver is kept is properly ventilated or not. You must keep in mind that the U-Verse Set to box is specifically a computer, and it needs a little space to breathe now and then. Therefore, do not stack it below or on top of other boxes. Also, make sure that you dust it off every month.
- Make sure that all the cables are properly connected. Confirm that all coaxial, Ethernet, power and HDMI cables are inserted securely into the device. A loose cable can create all manner of issues, so just check both the ends of the cable to be certain.
- If none of the above-mentioned solutions work, contact AT&T customer support. Faulty wirings can also be the cause of your issues, which may often cause overheating of your system. However, leaving the rest on the experts is a better idea.
Fixing AT&T U-Verse Remote Control Problems
If you are getting problems with your AT&T remote control, here are some steps that you can try before calling AT&T support. The tips provided here, apply to Silver, S10, S20 and Point Anywhere remote styles. In case your remote control is not at all responding, make sure that its batteries are not dead, by pressing its power button. Doing this, it must light up momentarily, if there is no light, then it is likely to put in some charged or fresh batteries in your device.
If this light comes up, but still the remote does not seem to work, make sure there are no obstacles hindering the optical sensors both on the set-top box and the remote. Anything that comes in front of either of their optical sensors may cause problems. Also, make sure that you are in a range of 20-foot distance from the STB.
If still, you are not able to make your remote work, you may better call for support. Keep your remote model number handy before calling and try to explain your issue as clearly as possible. With a clear understanding, the expert agent will be easily able to figure out the issue and help you get back to watching your favorite TV shows.
How To Fix Basic AT&T U-Verse Sound And Picture Issues
Sound and picture problems with your set-top box can be among the most annoying issues, they can often prevent you from enjoying your programs until they are completely resolved. If you are dealing with any issue of distorted sound or picture, follow these easy steps:
- Make sure that your TV is set to the correct input. Many modern TV sets have different HDMI ports available, which allow you to connect more than one device at the same time if required.
- Check and then re-check all the cables. Just like the frozen set-top box, loose video or audio cables may cause interferences, intermittent cutouts, and other problems while normal usage. Thus, make sure that all the cables are securely plugged into the right spot at the back of the receiver.
- If the issues still persist, try to change the channel. Sometimes, some specific channels can have issues from the end of the network. So, it seems to be obvious to confirm that you are facing these particular issues on all the channels before calling in for help.
- If everything mentioned fails, call ATT customer service.