A lot of people have the desire to monitor someone else’s phone for different reasons. It’s not just parents who are eager to use cell phone monitoring apps to stay updated regarding the whereabouts of their children.
These apps are being used by families to stay connected and even by spouses to keep tabs on each other. It’s amazing how a piece of software lets you monitor everything on a phone.
By now, there are dozens of cell phone monitoring apps to choose from but only a few of them have the the right mix of price, features, and customer support.
One of the top name in the cell phone monitoring apps market is Xnspy.
Xnspy is an app designed to monitor a target phone; be it an Android device or iPhone.
Once it is installed on the target device, it allows you to access text messages, call logs, browsing history, location, emails, instant messages, etc.
You will be given a web-based dashboard to view all this securely without the knowledge of the owner of the device. The best part is you can access this dashboard from your smartphone or PC whenever you want.
Who Can Use Xnspy?
There are no hard and fast prerequisites for using Xnspy cell phone monitoring app. Anyone can use this app and you don’t need to be tech savvy for that either.
Make sure you check your phone’s compatibility before the installation. Fortunately, that wouldn’t be a problem because Xnspy is compatible with all Android and iPhone operating systems.
Other than this, you will need physical access to the target device for installing the app. It would just take 5 to 10 minutes, and after that, everything takes place remotely.
How Does Xnspy Work?
Xnspy must first be installed on the target phone. You can also hide its icon if you want to monitor someone discretely, like your minor child.
Once Xnspy is installed on a device, it has access to everything on the phone. It collects all this data and sends it to an online dashboard from where you can view everything at your convenience. Xnspy will be using the internet to send all the data from the target device to its dashboard.
Xnspy is not location dependent; you can operate this cell phone monitoring app from anywhere in the world. All you need is an internet connection.
Speaking of compatibility, have a look at this chart.
It’s pretty clear that you can use this app to monitor the iPhone users who have Jailbreak devices.
5-Minute Installation Process
If you have used a cell phone monitoring app before, the installation is pretty much the same as other apps but just a bit easier and more convenient with a simultaneous installation guide. You will get the app download URL, an activation code and your web account credentials in your email registered with Xnspy.
There are always some first-time users installing a monitoring app, right? Xnspy has taken that into account and hence it’s offering remote installation support for Android users. They use TeamViewer to install the app for you on the target device. Remember, you still need physical access to the target device.
You can try installing the app on your own first because the process is pretty easy. If it doesn’t work, then go for the remote support facility. Xnspy’s website has video tutorials and how-to guides to help you with the installation, too.
Overall, the installation just takes 5 minutes.
It should take 24 hours for Xnspy to gather data from the phone after installation and then you will be ready to access the dashboard.
There is no installation required for using Xnspy on iPhone (without Jailbreak). Only the iCloud credentials of the iPhone user are needed to pick data from a phone’s iCloud and display it to your dashboard.
You can either use Xnspy’s dashboard app or follow cp.xnspy to access your web account. This dashboard is more like a control panel from where you can access everything you want in the target phone. The developers of Xnspy have created a very intuitive interface keeping in mind it will be used by different users.
As soon as you log into the app, you will see a graph showing you a glimpse of the target phone activities. It’s a quick way of reviewing their phone calls, text messages, and location history throughout the day.
There is also a menu on the left side of the same dashboard displaying different categories and you can click on each to navigate through the target phone.
Features Of Xnspy
This cell phone monitoring app is a combination of basic and advanced monitoring features. Have a quick look at the best of them:
Basic monitoring features:
A. Access Text Messages
You can read the text message conversations between the target phone and their contacts and that includes all the sent and received text messages.
B. Monitor Call Logs
You can check the call log history of the target phone. Xnspy will show you all incoming, outgoing and missed calls.
They also have a phone call history analysis feature that shows you the top 5 callers. You can also see the duration of the top 5 calls.
Other than that, there is a punch card that shows you the total number of calls made throughout a certain period of time. Bigger dots represent extensive call activities and smaller dots represent minor call activities.
C. Track Location
You can track the places the target phone has checked in throughout the day. Apart from their location history, you can also apply geo-fencing to restrict their entry or exit to certain zones. It’s a useful feature for parents who don’t want their child to be around a certain location. Whenever they enter or leave that location, you will receive a notification via email.
D. Monitor Web Browsing History
You can monitor their web history on the phone’s default browser. The best thing is even if they delete their browsing history, Xnspy will still have its record. To save your time, Xnspy offers internet history analysis, too. From this analysis, you can check the top-most visited sites along with the number of times these URLs were accessed. Other than that, you can also check the sites they have bookmarked.
Advanced Monitoring Features
- Call And Surround Recording: Xnspy automatically records all phone calls and saves the recording in its dashboard. If you want to listen to the phones surrounding, you can do that, too. You just have to send one remote command and it will turn on the target phone’s microphone and start recording the sounds.
- Access Instant Messenger Chats: Not all cell phone monitoring apps let you access chats from all popular instant messengers. But Xnspy does and the best part, no rooting or jailbreak is required for that. With the help of Xnspy, you can monitor chats on Facebook, Viber, Line, WhatsApp, Kik, Instagram, Tinder, and Skype. Apart from keeping tabs on the chats, you can also see what photos the target device is exchanging with others on these IMs.
- Remote Controls: Xnspy also lets you control a target device remotely. You can lock the target phone and even block the installed apps. You can take live screenshots of the target phone in case you wish to create an evidence of what the other person is doing. If target phone is lost, you can also remotely wipe away all the data by factory resetting the device.
- Keylogger: Xnspy has a keylogger feature that lets you record keystrokes entered by the person on apps such as WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Skype. But the keylogger feature only works on Android devices. It is not yet available for iPhone.
- Access Photos, videos And Calendar Entries: You accesses and download all the photos saved on the target device. You can also watch videos stored on their phone and download them to an offsite storage to watch later. To check the daily or weekly schedule of the owner of the target device, Xnspy lets you access their calendar entries from a remote location.
- Set Alerts: Xnspy doesn’t let you miss anything. Let’s suppose you are not monitoring the device right now and something happens that deserves your attention. With 24/7 alerts, you can get notifications on specific contacts, words, locations, and even if the target device owner changes their SIM card. Cool, right?
Among the many things I liked about this cell phone monitoring app, its customer support is worth mentioning. They have 24/7 live chat support for the users. They also have an email support system. Whether it’s a technical issue or you simply don’t understand how a feature works, you will always find someone to help you regardless of the time.
So far, there is no cell phone monitoring app that has been able to beat Xnspy’s price point. It’s available in two different editions. If you need basic monitoring features only or you simply want to test the app, then choose their Basic Edition. It costs $8.33 a month. On the other hand, if you need advanced monitoring features, then choose their Premium Edition. It costs $12.49 a month.
We have compared the price of Xnspy with other leading monitoring apps and found it to be the most affordable one given its features and compatibility.
Before I pass a verdict on Xnspy, have a look at its pros and cons.
- It’s highly compatible with Android and iOS devices.
- It’s user-friendly and has all the right spying features a user would want from a cell phone monitoring app.
- If you fear you will have trouble installing the app on your own, you can contact their support team to install it for you on the target phone.
- The basic and advanced monitoring features are packaged at the right price.
- Some users say the data syncs slowly but that’s mostly because of poor internet connection.
- Its money back guarantee may not be the best. You might not get a full refund.
Xnspy is bundled with cool monitoring features, price, and compatibility. I would rate this app 9/10. It’s very easy to use and it works just the way it’s promised. You might find other cell phone monitoring apps with more or less the same features but they will either have compatibility issues or they would be expensive. Xnspy has been designed to meet the monitoring needs of all at the right price.