Published on July 27th, 2020
Satellite monitoring of vehicles is a control and tracking system designed for managing transport (control of vehicle fleets and compliance with transport routes, route optimization),monitoring transport (determining the location of a vehicle, its speed and technological processes), and transport dispatching.
Such monitoring is carried out on the basis of determining the location of an object equipped with navigation and communications equipment.
Why Do You Need A Vehicle Tracking App?
The introduction of satellite systems at the enterprise ensures an increase in the efficiency of transport work by automating business processes and solving management, analysis and accounting problems.
The key advantage of using vehicle tracking apps in various industries is the reduction in fuel consumption and other operating costs by an average of 20% (due to route optimization, elimination of transport downtime, combating “spills”, etc.).
At the same time, in the field of public transport, satellite monitoring improves the safety, convenience and efficiency of passenger transportation.
Continuous use of the vehicle monitoring system leads to the optimization of time, lower costs for servicing the fleet of the enterprise, to increase the image of the enterprise as a reliable carrier.
Custom Uber-like Vehicle Tracking App can be integrated with different enterprise resource management systems that consist of the following set of services:
- Food delivery systems – remote monitoring of food delivery, real-time tracking management system, delivery time updates.
- Remote diagnostics, vehicle control – remote monitoring and diagnostics of the main vehicle systems based on satellite navigation technologies and sensors;
- Transport dispatching systems – remote monitoring of transport and providing communication with drivers in order to increase the efficiency of the vehicle fleet. The key components of such systems are: navigation, fleet GPS tracking systems, route optimization, monitoring of vehicles, goods and goods, logistics, notification of certain events, integration with enterprise resource management systems;
- Taxi tracking systems – key role of GPS tracking taxi business to track the driver as well as the user.
- Driver control systems – analysis of the style and driving time of drivers of enterprises in order to reduce the cost of fuels and lubricants, calculate wages, as well as in order to comply with regulatory standards for drivers’ compliance with work and rest;
- Mobile employee monitoring – the hours tracking feature, remote monitoring of employees and online access to enterprise systems, which improves the operational efficiency of the company;
Monitoring of dangerous and valuable goods – remote monitoring of valuable or dangerous goods.
1. Vehicle Tracking in Food Delivery or Taxi
Restaurant owners and the meal recipient can track the delivery vehicle using:
- Real time tracking of the location of the vehicle;
- Trip history of the vehicle on a map;
- Alerts for departing and arriving of the meal;
- Access control and user management for a group of vehicles;
Development of Uber-like vehicle tracking app is the smartest way of delivering or hiring a taxi.
2. Vehicle Tracking in Agriculture
Owners of agricultural enterprises often encounter such unpleasant facts as:
- Use of equipment for other purposes;
- Non-compliance with operating modes of vehicles;
- Downtime (in particular, due to a malfunction);
- Violation of the established terms for agricultural work;
- Theft of fuel and lubricants.
Installation of a vehicle tracking app allows you to solve all these problems at once and control in real time:
- Location, direction and speed of traffic;
- Mileage and the passage of the route (necessary for accurate accounting of work performed);
- Level and fuel consumption (theft prevention);
- Vehicle condition and compliance with the rules of its operation.
The result is a reduction in the costs of maintaining agricultural machinery, which make up almost half of the company’s budget.
3. Vehicle Tracking of Freight Transport
The key success factors of any company operating in the field of cargo transportation are communication efficiency and a well-built transport network.
GPS technologies in cargo transportation allow:
- Track the coordinates of the car online on any part of the route;
- Accurately plan the time of delivery of goods, taking into account all factors, including unforeseen;
- Provide instant communication with drivers dispatch service;
- Prevent the use of vehicles for non-official purposes;
- Eliminate the risk of loss of goods, theft of vehicles, etc. Collect, store and process any data on the transportation process.
4. Vehicle Tracking of passenger transport
The law also requires the availability of GPS tracking devices in order to obtain a license for passenger transportation, and the task of ensuring high quality and safety of passenger transportation is impossible without satellite monitoring of vehicles.
Improving the vehicle fleet of passenger transport through the introduction of vehicle tracking systems will allow:
- Control traffic in accordance with the schedule;
- Monitor passenger traffic;
- Control fare payments;
- Ensure transportation safety;
- Keep track of the drivers’ working hours;
- Instantly find the nearest cars, distribute orders between drivers, provide instant communication with the dispatcher;
- Reduce the cost of fuel and lubricants;
- Exclude unauthorized (for personal purposes) use of vehicles, record and store the received data in order to optimize the passenger transportation scheme (route, schedule, etc.) Based on their analysis.
5. Vehicle Tracking of housing and communal services transport
Management of the fleet of transport utilities using vehicle tracking app will help to solve such problems as:
- Monitoring the passage of the necessary sites, the timeliness of the work;
- Fuel consumption tracking (theft prevention);
- Accounting of the actual mileage (to avoid “winding”);
- Tracking violation of the mode of operation of vehicles and mechanisms.
The result is fuel economy, reduced operating costs, repairs and maintenance of public utilities transport, and increased staff efficiency.
6. Logistics and distribution
More and more representatives of large, medium and small businesses are trying to optimize the logistics structure of enterprises by introducing satellite tracking technologies for vehicles.
The main tasks that are solved with the help of vehicle control systems in the field of logistics and distribution:
- Organization of operational communication between shopping and warehouse complexes;
- Ensuring supplies in strict accordance with the schedule;
- Prevention of various fraudulent actions of the personnel, such as the use of official vehicles for personal purposes;
- Prevention of vehicle downtime;
- Ensuring the safety of transport and goods; control of the parameters of the transportation of goods by reading readings from various sensors.
The result of the improvement of the vehicle fleet is a noticeable reduction in the cost of transporting goods and maintaining transport.
We must thanks to the development of telecommunication standards for wireless communication and the expansion of coverage areas of telecommunication networks where vehicle monitoring services could work in real time.
Author – Bio
Mushahid Khatri is a Chief Executive Officer of Yelowsoft which is one of the leading on demand delivery software solution. He believes in sharing his strong knowledge base with leaned concentration on entrepreneurship and business.