If you’ve enjoyed skiing trips before you had children, you were probably waiting the day your youngsters can finally hit the slopes. And just because you’re taking your little ones on the trip, it doesn’t mean you can’t have a great time.
We are going to look at a few resorts, which will allow you and your family to experience a proper winter and have a time of your life.
And if you still haven’t booked a trip for your family, fear not friends. Simply visit skiarmadillo.com and look at some of their last-minute offers, and you’ll definitely find a trip that suits the needs of both you and your family. Enough about that, let’s move on the main attraction…
Best Winter Activity Holiday Ideas
1. Val Thorens
The first place we have on our list is a resort in the French Trois Vallees area that also includes Les Menuries, Courchevel and Maribel. The place is covered with snow from November to May, which means your holiday will be much more affordable if you opt for Val Thorens. Some of the more interesting activities include:
- Dynafit – this is a night hike, it’s mostly meant for teenagers
- E-Fat Bike rides – you can rent one of these electric snow bikes and explore the mountains
- Yurt Dinners – children older than 10 can enjoy a unique dinner in an authentic Yurt
2. Arc 1950
Next up, we have a more luxurious option that will cost you a pretty penny, however, since the resort offers so much fun activities, trust us – it’s worth every dime. Arc is actually a part of the world-renown Les Arcs. The five-star resort overlooks Mont-Blanc and if you’re looking for some more intense activities, you’re in the right place. Best activities include:
- Air boarding – you and your children can go down the slope on an air-inflated board
- Snowball fights – the resort has a huge snow-fighting arena, filled with obstacles
- Biathlon games – this is a popular laser-tag game you can play on the slopes
Our last resorts is situated on the cliffs above Morzine, and just a few years ago, it was voted the best ski resort for families in France. You can say that we saved the best for last. Avoriaz is suitable for skiers of all abilities, and will provide you access to Switzerland. In addition to skiing, the place also has great spas that will help you unwind for a few hours. Some of the most exciting activities include:
- Archery Tag – a game similar to paintball that uses bow and arrows instead
- Inuit camp tour – a place that allows you to explore igloos and go dogsledding
- Snowmoto – rent one of these vehicles and race around the course with the kids
Of course, even non-skiers can have some fun on your next trip. Besides skiing, all of these destinations offer activities like air boarding, sledding and dogsledding – just to name a few. Lastly, if you want to have some time off and relax by zooming down the mountain, you can easily find a nanny at your resort, to take care of your children for a few hours while you’re out.