Social Media

Facebook Vs Twitter: Which Platform Is Better For Your Business?

Facebook vs Twitter

February 15th, 2020   |   Updated on September 4th, 2021

A good use of social-media platforms can change your business for the better. Social media has over 3.5 billion active users, according to a report published last year. The number has grown exponentially since then. The massive audience offers countless opportunities for companies of all sizes. But the question is:

Which social media platform is best to promote your business?

Apparently Facebook and Twitter are the top picks, which outrank all other platforms. Their tractability and the tools they offer allow a business to reach out to a broader audience.

Both platforms let businesses engage with a network, improve brand visibility, and attract potential customers to their website. Both Facebook and Twitter have their ups and downs though!

Let’s carry out a head-to-head comparison of both platforms to see which one suits your business better.

Facebook Vs Twitter

Core Audience

An analysis of the demographics for both platforms will help you choose the right platform.

Facebook had 2.85 billion monthly active users, while by the first quarter of 2021, Twitter had 199 million monetizable daily active users worldwide. Seeing these numbers, Facebook reaches out to a wider audience than Twitter. But wait there is more to the story.

40% of Twitter users are between the age group of 18-20, with less than 20% of above the age of 50. Facebook, on the other hand, attracts over 80% of the 18-29 age group, but it is more popular with older people than Twitter with over 65% of people over the age of 50, according to statistics published by the Pew Research Center.


The level of user engagement and the time people spend on each platform is important to bag quality leads. Roughly 42% Twitter users engage on the platform daily.

Twitter is a fast-paced platform where you can post 140-character messages, business tips or news articles that can help build a brand. For better brand awareness you can check out creative agency New York that specializes in marketing on Twitter with crisp discussion-based tweets. So if your business pairs well with such a format twitter might be a better option for you.

However, for long-term engagement, Facebook is a better option. An average customer logs in to Facebook at least 8 times per day — so a business gets has more chances to make an impact on its


Both platforms are very different from each other. Twitter is fast-paced that helps reach out to people with shorter attention spans and to discover new content across the globe. Facebook, on the other hand, lets you connect and engage regularly with friends and family.

Twitter can help with a quirky business pitch and promote it through the ‘Live Events’ feature. Facebook can help form a deeper connection with the audience through well-maintained business pages, regular video and blog posts, etc.

Often marketers have to work hard to engage well with the diversified audience on Facebook.

Advertising Opportunities

Both Twitter and Facebook provide tools using which you can create and track your social media advertising.

Facebook Advertising has an upper hand when it comes to providing targeted reach for customers. It helps you narrow your search down to the level of customers who are most likely to buy your products and services. This saves you lots of money and time. Since you are targeting only your potential customers, you don’t have to run a costly paid campaign. At the same time, you should also be aware of the fact that the prices of the Facebook Ad have been going up for the last couple of years.

Facebook may be a goldmine of information for marketers, but it is making your company’s marketing budget too expensive. Twitter might not be as focused as Facebook when it comes to targeting, but it’s a lot less competitive.

Final Thought

The final choice rests on you – between Facebook and Twitter – based on the type of engagement you want for your business.

Both Facebook and Twitter can help you reach out to your target audience and create brand awareness.

Each platform has its unique tools and features — which is why most companies prefer to use a combination of both platforms in a marketing campaign.

To make a better decision about your business you can check out marketing agency New York that specialize in social-media marketing.

We suggest you experiment with both platforms to determine what works best. With time, you will be able to gauge where your marketing efforts work well.

A good understanding of the way your competitor uses social media can also help you make a better decision.