January 11th, 2019 | Updated on June 1st, 2019
Everyone wants the truth even if it always hurts. No one deserves a lie, for it breaks trust until a point that it cannot be fixed.
There are times our honesty is being tested. Some we failed, some we succeed. But what is important is that we always ask for forgiveness.
Honesty is still one of the most important trait a person should have. Stay honest even if others are not.
1. You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
2. “Love is when you can understand each other’s silences.”
― Avijeet Das
3. “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”
― Paulo Coelho
4. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.”
― Pablo Neruda
5. The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it’s indifference.
6. People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.
A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.
A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master…
7. The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.
8. I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)I am never without it (anywhere
I go you go,my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing,my darling)
I fear no fate (for you are my fate,my sweet)I want no world (for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart
I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)
9. Promise Yourself
To be so strong that nothing
can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity
to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel
that there is something in them
To look at the sunny side of everything
and make your optimism come true.
To think only the best, to work only for the best,
and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past
and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times
and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself
that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear,
and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world,
not in loud words but great deeds.
To live in faith that the whole world is on your side
so long as you are true to the best that is in you.
-Christian D. Larson
10. I would always rather be happy than dignified.
11. We loved with a love that was more than love.
-Edgar Allan Poe
12. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.
13. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”
― William Shakespeare
14. A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other…Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever
-Dave Matthews Band
15. Above all, don’t lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.
16. I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring risks. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.
17. What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.
18. My dear,
Find what you love and let it kill you.
Let it drain you of your all. Let it cling onto your back and weigh you down into eventual nothingness.
Let it kill you and let it devour your remains.
For all things will kill you, both slowly and fastly, but itâs much better to be killed by a lover.
~ Falsely yours
19. If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain.
20. I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.
21. I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it’s these things I’d believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
22. It isn’t possible to love and part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal.
23. They say when you are missing someone that they are probably feeling the same, but I don’t think it’s possible for you to miss me as much as I’m missing you right now
-Edna St. Vincent Millay
24. Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep.
25. What is hell? I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love.
26. Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.
27. Sometimes it’s a form of love just to talk to somebody that you have nothing in common with and still be fascinated by their presence.
28. I’m not sentimental–I’m as romantic as you are. The idea, you know,
is that the sentimental person thinks things will last–the romantic
person has a desperate confidence that they won’t.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
29. A half-read book is a half-finished love affair.
30. You know how they say you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways.
31. Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.
32. It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.
33. From childhood’s hour I have not been. As others were, I have not seen. As others saw, I could not awaken. My heart to joy at the same tone. And all I loved, I loved alone.
-Edgar Allan Poe
34. Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.
35. When God Created Mothers”
When the Good Lord was creating mothers, He was into His sixth day of “overtime” when the angel appeared and said. “You’re doing a lot of fiddling around on this one.”
And God said, “Have you read the specs on this order?” She has to be completely washable, but not plastic. Have 180 moveable parts…all replaceable. Run on black coffee and leftovers. Have a lap that disappears when she stands up. A kiss that can cure anything from a broken leg to a disappointed love affair. And six pairs of hands.”
The angel shook her head slowly and said. “Six pairs of hands…. no way.”
It’s not the hands that are causing me problems,” God remarked, “it’s the three pairs of eyes that mothers have to have.”
That’s on the standard model?” asked the angel. God nodded.
One pair that sees through closed doors when she asks, ‘What are you kids doing in there?’ when she already knows. Another here in the back of her head that sees what she shouldn’t but what she has to know, and of course the ones here in front that can look at a child when he goofs up and say. ‘I understand and I love you’ without so much as uttering a word.”
God,” said the angel touching his sleeve gently, “Get some rest tomorrow….”
I can’t,” said God, “I’m so close to creating something so close to myself. Already I have one who heals herself when she is sick…can feed a family of six on one pound of hamburger…and can get a nine year old to stand under a shower.”
The angel circled the model of a mother very slowly. “It’s too soft,” she sighed.
But tough!” said God excitedly. “You can imagine what this mother can do or endure.”
Can it think?”
Not only can it think, but it can reason and compromise,” said the Creator.
Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek.
There’s a leak,” she pronounced. “I told You that You were trying to put too much into this model.”
It’s not a leak,” said the Lord, “It’s a tear.”
What’s it for?”
It’s for joy, sadness, disappointment, pain, loneliness, and pride.”
You are a genius, ” said the angel.
Somberly, God said, “I didn’t put it there.
36. “I would die for you. But I won’t live for you.”
― Stephen Chbosky
37. Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.
-Charles M. Schulz
38. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning
39. This is where it all begins. Everything starts here, today.
40. to love life, to love it even
when you have no stomach for it
and everything you’ve held dear
crumbles like burnt paper in your hands,
your throat filled with the silt of it.
When grief sits with you, its tropical heat
thickening the air, heavy as water
more fit for gills than lungs;
when grief weights you like your own flesh
only more of it, an obesity of grief,
you think, How can a body withstand this?
Then you hold life like a face
between your palms, a plain face,
no charming smile, no violet eyes,
and you say, yes, I will take you
I will love you, again.
41. To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced
42. If you love something set it free, but don’t be surprised if it comes back with herpes.
43. Fuck You for cheating on me. Fuck you for reducing it to the word cheating. As if this were a card game, and you sneaked a look at my hand. Who came up with the term cheating, anyway? A cheater, I imagine. Someone who thought liar was too harsh. Someone who thought devastator was too emotional. The same person who thought, oops, heâd gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Fuck you. This isnât about slipping yourself an extra twenty dollars of Monopoly money. These are our lives. You went and broke our lives. You are so much worse than a cheater. You killed something. And you killed it when its back was turned.
44. Ok. You fuck me, then snub me. You love me, you hate me. You show me a sensitive side, then you turn into a total asshole. Is this a pretty accurate description of our relationship.
45. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince
46. “We were together. I forget the rest.”
— Walt Whitman, “Leaves Of Grass”
47. “I am no longer in love with her, that’s certain, but maybe I love her. Love is so short, forgetting is so long.”
— Pablo Neruda, “Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair”
48. “Every time I open the drawer, it’s a trip down Memory Lane, which, if you don’t turn off at the right exit, merges straight into the Masochistic Nostalgia Highway.”
— Sloane Crosley, “I Was Told There’d Be Cake”
49. “It’s always going to be you, even when I’m busy pretending to love somebody else.”
— Laura Jane Williams, ““We Never Happened, And That Has To Be Okay”
50. “I was glad I wasn’t in love, that I wasn’t happy with the world. I like being at odds with everything. People in love often become edgy, dangerous. They lose their sense of perspective.”
— Charles Bukowski, “Women”
51. “You will break someone’s heart if you fall in love with someone’s potential and then blame them for not living up to it. You will break someone’s heart if you fall in love with the changed version of them you have in your head, instead of the version they are, right now, in this moment.”
— Jamie Varon, “How To Break Someone’s Heart”
52. “two people who were once very close can
or grand betrayal
perhaps this is the saddest thing in the world.”
— Warsan Shire
53. “But if you loved me
Why’d you leave me?”
— Kodaline, “All I Want”
54. “It is not so incomprehensible as you pretend, sweet pea. Love is the feeling we have for those we care deeply about and hold in high regard. It can be light as the hug we give a friend or heavy as the sacrifices we make for our children. It can be romantic, platonic, familial, fleeting, everlasting, conditional, unconditional, imbued with sorrow, stoked by sex, sullied by abuse, amplified by kindness, twisted by betrayal, deepened by time, darkened by difficulty, leavened by generosity, nourished by humor and “loaded with promises and commitments” that we may or may not want or keep.”
— Cheryl Strayed, “Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar”
55. “I haven’t changed my mind. That’s the point! I want to spend my life with you even though it’s totally irrational. And you have short earlobes. Socially and genetically there’s no reason for me to be attracted to you. The only logical conclusion is that I must be in love with you.”
— Graeme Simsion, “The Rosie Project”
56. “All I am saying is that when you really, really like someone, when you feel like they’re the only person you want to see at the end of a long day, when you’ve really gotten to know them and you feel like they’ve gotten to know you, ask them. When you’re no longer interested in pursuing other relationships and other people, or when you’re ready to focus your attention on one person, or when you feel like you can’t stop smiling because this person sparked something within you, ask.”
— Kim Quindlen, “When Are You Supposed To Drop The ‘What Are We’ Bomb?”
57. “So what I’m trying to say is you should text me back.
Because there’s a precedent. Because there’s an urgency.
Because there’s a bedtime.
Because when the world ends I might not have my phone charged and
If you don’t respond soon,
I won’t know if you’d wanna leave your shadow next to mine.”
— Marina Keegan, “The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories”
58. “I love you and I like you.”
— Parks and Recreation
59. “When you fall in love with someone the two of you decide your destiny together. You dream and plan and see what works and what doesn’t and together you create your own world to seek comfort in.”
— Koty Neelis, “With The Right Person Anything Is Possible”
60. “In the flush of love’s light, we dare be brave. And suddenly we see that love costs all we are, and will ever be. Yet it is only love which sets us free.”
— Maya Angelou
61. “Unless you love someone, nothing else makes sense.”
— E.E. Cummings
were the sun
and loving you
— Aman Batra
63. “It’s a very dangerous state. You are inclined to recklessness and kind of tune out the rest of your life and everything that’s been important to you. It’s actually not all that pleasurable. I don’t know who the hell wants to get in a situation where you can’t bear an hour without somebody’s company.”
— Colin Firth
64. “It’s damaging to think we only have ONE soulmate out there. We probably have at least 14.”
— Victoria Lorrekovich
65. “Love is needing someone. Love is putting up with someone’s bad qualities because they somehow complete you.”
― Sarah Dessen