November 2nd, 2017 | Updated on April 28th, 2023
Inspirational love quotes capture the essence of this powerful emotion and offer us a glimpse into the transformative power of love. Whether you are in a new relationship, celebrating a long-term commitment, or simply reflecting on the nature of love and connection, these quotes can inspire and motivate you to be your best self and to create meaningful and fulfilling relationships. In this article, we will explore some of the most inspiring and thought-provoking love quotes from some of the greatest thinkers, writers, and artists of all time. These quotes will remind us of the beauty and power of love and inspire us to deepen our connection with ourselves and others.
1. This is a dying fleck of love, about a drunken man, and a broken woman, taking steps into the woods, trying to remember the days, when the moon was full.
2. No matter what has happened. No matter what you’ve done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you. I swear it.
3. I love you the way a drowning man loves air. And it would destroy me to have you just a little.
4. Sometimes I can’t see myself when I’m with you. I can only just see you.
5. I love you. Remember. They cannot take it
6. I want everyone to meet you. You’re my favorite person of all time.
7. There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
8. But you’ve slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart.
9. No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star.
10. And I’ve realized that the Beatles got it wrong. Love isn’t all we need—love is all there is.
11. You are the source of my joy, the center of my world and the whole of my heart.
12. When I tell you I love you, I am not saying it out of habit, I am reminding you that you are my life.
13. I don’t need paradise because I found you. I don’t need dreams because I already have you.
14. Everywhere I look I am reminded of your love. You are my world.
15. Walk with me through life…and I’ll have everything I’ll need for the journey.
16. I may not be your first date, kiss or love…but I want to be your last everything.
17. The best feeling is when you look at him…and he is already staring.
18. This is all I want to do with you forever.
19. Thank you for always being my rainbow after the storm.
20. I am so totally, completely, overwhelmingly, eye-poppingly, life-changingly, spectacularly, passionately, deliciously in love with you.
21. God is keeping me alive but you are keeping me in love.
22. My angel, my life, my entire world, you’re the one that I want, the one that I need, let me be with you always, my love, my everything.
23. Love is not about how many days, weeks or months you’ve been together, it’s all about how much you love each other every day.
24. If I know what love is, it is because of you. -Hermann Hesse
25. You are my paradise and I would happily get stranded on you for a lifetime. (A very cute love quote for him.)
Visit for hundreds of true love quotes: True Love Quotes For People In Love
Motivational Love Quotes
26. I can’t stop thinking about you, today… tomorrow… always.
27. It is because of you, my angel, that I now understand all of those quotes about love. (In my opinion, one of the most beautiful love quotes for him)
28. You can’t blame gravity for falling in love. —Albert Einstein
29. Don’t you be so nice to me; I fall in love so easily. —Waylon Jennings
30. She wasn’t exactly sure when it happened. Or even when it started. All she knew for sure was that right here and now, she was falling hard and she could only pray that he was feeling the same way. —Nicholas Sparks
31. In life, you have to take the pace that love goes. You don’t force it. You just don’t force love, you don’t force falling in love, you don’t force being in love – you just become. I don’t know how to say that in English, but you just feel it. —Juan Pablo Galavis
32. First best is falling in love. Second best is being in love. Least best is falling out of love. But any of it is better than never having been in love. —Maya Angelou
33. Falling in love is not an act of will. It is not a conscious choice. No matter how open to or eager for it we may be, the experience may still elude us. Contrarily, the experience may capture us at times when we are definitely not seeking it, when it is inconvenient and undesirable. —M. Scott Peck
34. When you’re falling in love, you never notice it until you’ve already hit the ground. —Terry Mark
35. I know what happens a the end of falling-landing, —John Green
36. Eros is not tranquil—it gives us spikes of happiness rather than a constant feeling of wellbeing. It’s the love we feel at the beginning of a love affair and corresponds to the expression ‘falling in love’ since it is as involuntary an impulse as a physical fall. —Francois Lelord
37. Once you tell someone you love them, you automatically give that person the right to hurt you, and yet you place a trust in them that they won’t tear you apart. —Abhishek Tiwari
38. Falling in love is a wonderfully terrifying sensation. —Steve Maraboli
39. No one ever fell in love without being a little bit brave. —Mario Tomasello
40. How is it that mankind can engineer condoms to prevent pregnancy and STDs and not be able to invent some sort of emotional safeguard? Is it even possible to abstain from falling in love? —Daria Snadowsky
41. I loved him desperately, completely, and he wasn’t threatening to consume me anymore. He already had. Everything that was me was him. My heart, mind and soul all were as much a part of him as they were me. —Cassandra Giovanni
42. Be careful while falling in love, see that the fall doesn’t kill You. —Steve Relane
Find more inspiring love quotes here: 257 Best Love Quotes
43. Then he kissed her so deeply and so completely that she felt like she was falling, floating, spiraling down, down, down, like Alice in Wonderland. —Liane Moriarty
44. You can’t help who you fall in love with. —E.L. Montes
45. God is such a cruel god for making you so wonderful,and for making me so weak. —Sade Andria Zabala
46. You know you’re falling in love when the feeling of falling actually feels like you’re floating. —Rashida Rowe
47. Many people do not fall in love; they fall in love with the idea of themselves being in love. They never see the other person. I don’t ask for much; I only ask to be seen. —C. JoyBell
48. When you know, you know. And you don’t fight it. You don’t deny the inevitable. You free fall because you know there’s someone there to catch you on the other side. —S. L. Jennings
49. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world. — Lucille Ball
50. Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky. — Rainer Maria Rilke
Encouraging Love Quotes
51. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller
52. One day you will kiss a man you can’t breathe without and find that breath is of little consequence.
53. You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
54. Promise me you’ll never forget me because if I thought you would, I’d never leave.
55. She was ready to deny the existence of space and time rather than admit that love might not be eternal.
56. For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.
57. Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.
58. So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.
59. One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
60. Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.
61. When you’re around someone so much, for so long, they become a part of you. And when they change or go away, you don’t know who you are without them.
62. Don’t give special place to any one in your heart. Its easy to give that place but it hurts more when they don’t know the value of that place
63. The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain.
Looking for love quotes for her? Explore: Love Quotes For Her From The Heart
64. When people can walk away from you, let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody who left.
65. Don’t choose the one who is beautiful to the world. But rather, choose the one who makes your world beautiful.
66. If I had to choose between breathing and loving you I would use my last breath to tell you I love you.
67. If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it’s yours. If it does not come back, it was never meant to be.
68. I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves.
69. We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
70. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.
71. If you would stop looking in the mirror and only look at yourself the way I look at you, you would know that you are not only precious but also the most beautiful person ever.
72. The moment of that kiss contained every happy moment I had ever lived.
73. One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.
74. Why do we have to listen to our hearts?” “Because, wherever your heart is, that is where you’ll find your treasure.
75. Love is an unconditional commitment to an imperfect person. To love somebody isn`t just a strong feeling. It is a decision, a judgment, and a promise.
Uplifting Love Quotes
76. Maybe I`m too late to be your first. But right now I`m preparing myself to be your last.
77. When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.
78. My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite.
79. Love each other in moderation. That is the key to long-lasting love. Too fast is as bad as too slow.
80. You cracked hourglass, with sand spilling from behind your ribs: you wasted my time.
81. He used to love me,and now he’s just a stranger who happens to know all my secrets.
82. You could tie my tongue My lips, my teeth Split them into surrender Into a foreign language and i would still manage To cough up your name.
83. You will always fall in love, and it will always be like having your throat cut, just that fast. —Catherynne M. Valente
84. Falling for him would be like cliff diving. It would be either the most exhilarating thing that ever happened to me or the stupidest mistake I’d ever make. —Hussein Nishah
85. Love does not appear with any warning signs. You fall into it as if pushed from a high diving board. No time to think about what’s happening. It’s inevitable. An event you can’t control. A crazy, heart-stopping, roller-coaster ride that just has to take its course. —Jackie Collins
86. Falling in love, romance, matters of the heart – when you fall in love, on some biochemical level you know there is a chance it won’t work out. It’s ingrained in us that if you take such an enormous risk on someone with your heart that it might not pay off. I gamble all my chips and I might actually lose everything. —Rachael Taylor
87. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. —Mignon McLaughlin
88. The bottom line is that we never fall for the person we’re supposed to. —Jodi Picoult
Read love quotes for him: Beautiful Love Quotes For Him
89. No one ever fell in love gracefully. —Connie Brockway
90. I was falling. Falling through time and space and stars and sky and everything in between. I feel for days and weeks and what felt like lifetime across lifetimes. I fell until I forgot I was falling. —Jess Rothenberg
91. I think falling in love is always a surprise, right? —Josh Dallas
92. One morning, about four o’clock, I was driving my car just about as fast as I could. I thought, ‘Why am I out on the highway this time of night?’ I was miserable, and it all came to me: ‘I’m falling in love with somebody I have no right to fall in love with. I can’t fall in love with this man, but it’s just like a ring of fire. —June Carter Cash
93. All love stories are tales of beginnings. When we talk about falling in love, we go to the beginning, to pinpoint the moment of freefall. —Meghan O’Rourke
94. Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common sense. —Helen Rowland
95. Falling in love is easy. Falling in love with the same person repeatedly is extraordinary. —Crystal Woods
96. It is better to lock up your heart with a merciless padlock, than to fall in love with someone who doesn’t know what they mean to you. —Michael Bassey Johnson
97. Don’t fall in love; rise with it. —Amit Abraham
98. When we’re falling in love or out of it, that’s when we most need a song that says how we feel. Yeah, I write a lot of songs about boys. And I’m very happy to do that. —Taylor Swift
99. All I’m saying is that I don’t want to sort of fall in love with fifty different people. I’d rather find one person and fall completely, deeply in over my head. —Anna White
100. We never get enough of falling in love and believing in love. —Shemar Moore
Positive Love Quotes
101. The greatest wonderful feeling is falling in love. —Lailah Gifty Akita
102. There is that awful moment when you realize that you’re falling in love. That should be the most joyful moment, and actually it’s not. It’s always a moment that’s full of fear because you know, as night follows day, the joy is going to rapidly be followed by some pain or other. All the angst of a relationship. —Helen Mirren
103. Isn’t that how falling in love so often works? Some stranger appears out of nowhere and becomes a fixed star in your universe. —Kate Bolick
104. Have you ever watched a leaf leave a tree? It falls upward first, and then it drifts toward the ground, just as I find myself drifting towards you.—Beth Kephart
105. When you fall head over heels for someone, you’re not falling in love with who they are as a person; you’re falling in love with your idea of love.—Elisabeth Rohm
106. I always had a penchant for falling in love. Every time I found myself without a mate, I fell into a state of low-sizzling panic. —Jane Fonda
107. She wonders if this is what people call falling in love, the desire to be with someone for every minute of the rest of her life so strong that sometimes she is frightened of herself. —Yiyun Li
108. Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself. — Andre Breton
109. Because if I fell any deeper for the way his eyes crinkled with his smile or his habit of tapping on his nose to emphasize a point, my ship would be sunk. —Katherine McIntyre, By the Sea
110. When you love, you get hurt. When you get hurt, you hate. When you hate, you try to forget. When you try to forget, you start missing. And when you start missing, you’ll eventually fall in love again. —Vinay Sharma
111. The scary thing about falling for someone is you don’t know whether they will stay or just leave at any given time. —Emily Tilley
112. I fall into him like one would fall into a dream, ready to submit to your subconscious’s innermost desires and your deepest fears. —Stephanie Binding
113. There is no remedy for love but to love more. – Henry David Thoreau
114. Love the giver more than the gift. – Brigham Young
115. You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love. – Henry Drummond
116. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. – Lao Tzu
117. Love is always patient and kind; it is never jealous, love is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offense, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end. – Bible
118. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. – Leo Tolstoy
119. Love is the wisdom of the fool and the folly of the wise. – Samuel Johnson
120. We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it. – John Lennon
121. All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt. — Charles Schulz
122. Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love. – Mother Teresa
123. A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea. — Honore de Balzac
124. Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.— Wayne Dyer
125. Don’t try to stop your heart from falling in love, because in the end it may be worth it. —Fad Ibra
For romantic quotes visit: Romantic Love Quotes To Melt Your Woman’s Heart
Empowering Love Quotes
126. In real love you want the other person’s good. In romantic love, you want the other person. – Margaret Smith
127. True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked. — Erich Segal
128. Fortune and love favor the brave. — Ovid
129. You call it madness, but I call it love. -Don Byas
130. Where there is love there is life. -Mahatma Gandhi
131. To love is risky. Not to love is foolish. -Maxime Lagacé
132. Only one life, that soon is past. Only what’s done with love will last. -Unknown
133. To love is to burn, to be on fire. -Jane Austen
134. When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. -Jimi Hendrix
135. Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. -Antoine de Saint-E
136. Even better than being loved is being in love. -Naval Ravikant
137. Love isn’t finding a perfect person. It’s seeing an imperfect person perfectly. -Sam Keen
138. I know of no greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, without end. -Franz Kafka
139. We love because it’s the only true adventure. -Nikki Giovanni
140. Age does not protect you from love, but love to some extent protects you from age. -Jeanne Moreau
141. Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all. -Augustine of Hippo
142. Love is boundary-less. -Angel Haze
143. Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. -Simone Weil
144. Just in case you have forgotten today: You matter. You are loved. You are worthy. You are magical. -Unknown
145. The more I think it over, the more I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people. -Vincent van Gogh
146. True love stories never have endings. -Richard Bach
147. Love’s greatest gift is its ability to make everything it touches sacred. -Barbara De Angelis
148. Love yourself. Then forget it. Then, love the world. -Mary Olive
149. Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option. -Maya Angelou
150. Him that I love, I wish to be free – even from me. -Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Life-changing Love Quotes
151. In the end we discover that to love and let go can be the same thing. -Jack Kornfield
152. Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up. -James Baldwin
153. I wish I had done everything on Earth with you. -The Great Gatsby
154. It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
155. Love must be as much a light as it is a flame. -Henry David Thoreau
156. A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Charles Dickens
157. Knowing, understanding and accepting yourself is your first step to everything you want in life. -Maxime Lagacé
158. We must love one another or die. -W. H. Auden
159. Love is the product of how you respond … Love is showing your partner they’re safe, you’ll catch them if they fall, and you’ll drop everything if they need you. Love is unconditional. Love doesn’t keep score. -Shane Parrish
160. Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever – only, nothing is eternal. -Audre Lorde
161. Love is the expansion of two natures in such fashion that each include the other, each is enriched by the other. -Felix Adler
162. Everything that you love, you will eventually lose, but in the end, love will return in a different form. -Franz Kafka
163. Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profundity. Kindness in giving creates love. -Lao Tzu
164. Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart. -Washington Irving
165. Life is the first gift, love is the second, and understanding the third. -Marge Piercy
166. You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. -Barbara De Angelis
167. Love all, trust a few. -William Shakespeare
168. Love is a better teacher than duty. -Albert Einstein
169. Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. -Aristotle
170. You look amazing. I’m so lucky. -Prince Harry
171. Love is often the fruit of marriage. -Molière
172. You make me want to be a better man. -Melvin Udall (As Good As It Gets)
173. It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other. -Sean (Good Will Hunting)
174. The giving of love is an education in itself. -Eleanor Roosevelt
175. We must be our own before we can be another’s. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Looking for short love quotes then visit: 320 Best Short Cute Love Quotes
Thought-provoking Love Quotes
176. I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best. -Marilyn Monroe
177. He’s like a drug for you, Bella.-Stephenie Meyer
178. There is no pretending,” Jace said with absolute clarity. “I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I’ll love you then.-Cassandra Clare
179. When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.-Jess C. Scott
180. You can’t force love, I realized. It’s there or it isn’t. If it’s not there, you’ve got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you’ve got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.-Richelle Mead
181. Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.-Lady Gaga
182. And I’m suppose to sit by while you date boys and fall in love with someone else, get married…?” His voice tightened. “And meanwhile, I’ll die a little bit more every day, watching.-Cassandra Clare
183. Your love shines in my heart as the sun that shines upon the earth.-Eleanor Di Guillo
184. They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other ever day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.-Nicholas Sparks
185. The very essence of romance is uncertainty.-Oscar Wilde
186. If music be the food of love, play on, Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,The appetite may sicken, and so die.-William Shakespeare
187. I can feel Peeta press his forehead into my temple and he asks, ‘So now that you’ve got me, what are you going to do with me?’ I turn into him. ‘Put you somewhere you can’t get hurt.-Suzanne Collins
188. “There could have been no two hearts so open, no tastes so similar, no feelings so in unison”― Jane Austen
189. If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don’t, they never were.-Kahlil Gibran
190. Only a true best friend can protect you from your immortal enemies.-Richelle Mead
191. When love is not madness it is not love.-Pedro Calderon de la Barca
192. I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.-Jane Austen
193. True love is rare, and it’s the only thing that gives life real meaning.-Nicholas Sparks
194. I was smiling yesterday,I am smiling today and I will smile tomorrow.Simply because life is too short to cry for anything.-Santosh Kalwar
195. “Love is the strangest, most illogical thing in the world.”― Jennifer E. Smith
196. Say ‘provoking’ again. Your mouth looks provocative when you do.-Becca Fitzpatrick
197. It isn’t possible to love and part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal.-E.M. Forster
198. You here to finish me off, Sweetheart?-Suzanne Collins
199. Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.-Charles Dickens
200. Every great love starts with a great story…-Nicholas Sparks
Wise Love Quotes
201. I stood still, vision blurring, and in that moment, I heard my heart break. It was a small, clean sound, like the snapping of a flower’s stem.-Diana Gabaldon
202. “Love is the voice under all silences, the hope which has no opposite in fear; the strength so strong mere force is feebleness: the truth more first than sun, more last than star…”― e.e cummings
203. “Christian, you are the state lottery, the cure for cancer, and the three wishes from Aladdin’s lamp all rolled into one”― E.L. James
204. A diary with no drawings of me in it? Where are the torrid fantasies? The romance covers?-Cassandra Clare
205. I’m not sentimental–I’m as romantic as you are. The idea, you know, is that the sentimental person thinks things will last–the romantic person has a desperate confidence that they won’t. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
206. My soul will find yours.-Jude Deveraux
207. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.-Oscar Wilde
208. Sometimes I wonder if there’s something wrong with me. Perhaps I’ve spent too long in the company of my literary romantic heroes, and consequently my ideals and expectations are far too high.-E.L. James
209. Come sleep with me: We won’t make Love, Love will make us.-Julio CortÃ¡zar
210. The Very first moment I beheld him, my heart was irrevocably gone.-Jane Austen
211. I wonder how many people don’t get the one they want, but end up with the one they’re supposed to be with.-Fannie Flagg
212. My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me, That I must love a loathed enemy. -William Shakespeare
213. When one is in love, one always begins by deceiving one’s self, and one always ends by deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance. -Oscar Wilde
214. “I’ll allow you to appear in my dreams every night if I`ll be allowed to be in yours.”
215. “I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart’s affections and the truth of the Imagination.”― John Keats
216. “The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people.” ― G.K. Chesterton
217. “How can I be reasonable? To me our love was everything and you were my whole life. It is not very pleasant to realize that to you it was only an episode.” ― W. Somerset Maugham
218. “She wasn’t doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.” ― J.D. Salinger
219. “Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.” ― Dali Lama
220. “I know you’re tired but come, this is the way.” ― Jalalu’l-din Rumi
221. “I envy people that know love. That have someone who takes them as they are.”― Jess C Scott
222. “Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high.”― William Goldman
223. “Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body.― Lady Gaga
224. “I don’t care what you say to me. I care what you share with me.”― Santosh Kalwar
225. “A thousand half-loves must be forsaken to take one whole heart home.”― Rumi
Transformative Love Quotes
226. “In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless, heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood like a hundred golden urns pouring out of the sun.”― Madeline Miller
227. “There is love in holding and there is love in letting go.”― Elizabeth Berg
228. “Love makes you want to be a better man—right, right. But maybe love, real love, also gives you permission to just be the man you are.”― Gillian Flynn
229. “If I were a tree, I would have no reason to love a human.”― Maggie Stiefvater
230. “One ought to hold on to one’s heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.”― Friedrich Nietzsche
231. “No human relation gives one possession in another—every two souls are absolutely different. In friendship or in love, the two side by side raise hands together to find what one cannot reach alone.”― Kahlil Gibran
232. “In this part of the story I am the one who dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you, because I love you, Love, in fire and in blood.”― Pablo Neruda
233. “I know you, and I can openly say how love looks like.”
234. “Why is love intensified by absence?”― Audrey Niffenegger
235. “They do not love that do not show their love.”― William Shakespeare
236. “How far should a person go in the name of true love?”― Nicholas Sparks
237. “To love someone means to see them as God intended them.”― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
238. “I mean, at the end of the day, what the hell does it matter who I end up with if it can’t be you?”― Tabitha Suzuma
239. “The love that moves the sun and the other stars.”― Elizabeth Gilbert
240. “Love is scary: it changes; it can go away. That’s the part of the risk. I don’t want to be scared anymore.”― Jenny Han
241. “Though lovers be lost, love shall not; And death shall have no dominion.”― Dylan Thomas
242. “The future for me is already a thing of the past – You were my first love and you will be my last”― Bob Dylan
243. “After all these years, I see that I was mistaken about Eve in the beginning; it is better to live outside the Garden with her than inside it without her.”― Mark Twain
244. “Life is a series of pulls back and forth… A tension of opposites, like a pull on a rubber band. Most of us live somewhere in the middle. A wrestling match…Which side win? Love wins. Love always wins”― Mitch Albom
245. “Ah, what happiness it is to be with people who are all happy, to press hands, press cheeks, smile into eyes.”― Katherine Mansfield
246. “Kissing – and I mean like, yummy, smacking kissing – is the most delicious, most beautiful and passionate thing that two people can do, bar none. Better than sex, hands down.”― Drew Barrymore
247. “Some people search their whole lives to find what I found in you.”
248. “There is no intensity of love or feeling that does not involve the risk of crippling hurt. It is a duty to take this risk, to love and feel without defense or reserve.”― William S. Burroughs
249. “The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely.”― Louisa May Alcott
250. “I want to try making things right because picking up the pieces is way better than leaving them the way they are.”― Simone Elkeles
Enlightenment Love Quotes
251. “You’ll never be able to find yourself if you’re lost in someone else.”― Colleen Hoover
252. “I have seen the best of you, and the worst of you, and I choose both.”― Sarah Kay
253. “Did I really want to stay on this road longer, knowing it was only going to end in devastation?”― Becca Fitzpatrick
254. “How we need another soul to cling to, another body to keep us warm. To rest and trust; to give your soul in confidence: I need this, I need someone to pour myself into.”― Sylvia Plath
255. “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.”― Karl Lagerfeld
256. “There are memories that time does not erase… Forever does not make loss forgettable, only bearable.”― Cassandra Clare
257. “I wish you could be kissed, Jane,’ he said. ‘Because I would beg just one off you. Under all this.’ He flailed an arm toward the stars.”― Maggie Stiefvate
More similar love quotes: 101 Best Sweet Love Quotes
258. “I wanna live, sleep, and wake up by your side.”
259. “When you forgive, you love. And when you love, God’s light shines upon you.”― Jon Krakauer
260. “Weeping is not the same thing as crying. It takes your whole body to weep, and when it’s over, you feel like you don’t have any bones left to hold you up.― Sarah Ockler
261. “One of the things that makes me who I am is the loyalty I have to people I hold close to my heart.”― Simone Elkeles
262. “I am no longer in love with her, that’s certain, but maybe I love her. Love is so short, forgetting is so long.”― Pablo Neruda
263. “Each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.”-Rosemonde Gerard
264. “Being in love with you makes every morning worth getting up for.”
265. “Are you upset little friend? Have you been lying awake worrying? Well, don’t worry…I’m here. The flood waters will recede, the famine will end, the sun will shine tomorrow, and I will always be here to take care of you.”― Charles M. Schulz
266. “Before you came into my life, I never knew what true love felt like.”
267. “My heart is and always will be yours.” – Jane Austen
268. “I just want to lay on your chest and listen to your heartbeat.”
267. “I don’t wanna close my eyes, I don’t wanna fall asleep, cuz I’d miss you babe and I don’t wanna miss a thing.” – Aerosmith