March 13th, 2018 | Updated on May 19th, 2023
Romantic love is a powerful force that has captivated humans for centuries. It is a feeling that has inspired some of the most beautiful and timeless expressions of emotion and creativity throughout history. From the works of Shakespeare to modern-day love songs, romantic love has been a muse for artists and a driving force for individuals seeking to connect with something greater than themselves.
Here, we will explore some of the most romantic and heartfelt love quotes from some of the greatest thinkers, writers, and artists of all time. These romantic quotes will remind us of the beauty and power of love and inspire us to create meaningful and fulfilling relationships.
Beautiful Romantic Quotes
1. I saw you were perfect and so I loved you. Then I saw you weren’t perfect and I loved you even more.
2. My thoughts are free to go anywhere, but it’s surprising how often they head in your direction.
3. Life without you is like a broken pencil, pointless.
4. Before I met you I never knew what it was like to smile for no reason.
5. My heart began a journey the first time I looked into your eyes.
6. I feel comfortable being myself when I’m around you.
7. I love you, not for only what you are, but for who I am when I’m with you.
8. I fall in love with you all over again every time I see you.
9. You would always be the answer when someone asks me what I’m thinking about.
10. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.
11. Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
12. If nothing saves us from death, at least love should save us from life.
13. You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free.
14. Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
15. First best is falling in love. Second best is being in love. Least best is falling out of love. But any of it is better than never having been in love.
16. Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell’s despair.
17. If you don’t love me, it does not matter, I can love for both of us.
18. A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.
19. Kisses, even to the air, are beautiful.
20. What is love? It is the morning and the evening star.
Similar Post: Best Love Quotes
Famous Romantic Quotes
21. Love is the silent saying and saying of a single name.
22. Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
23. The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.
24. There could have been no two hearts so open, no tastes so similar, no feelings so in unison.
25. When I am old and alone, I will remember that I once held something truly beautiful.
26. I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.
27. We loved with a love that was more than love.
28. When you love something, it loves you back in whatever way it has to love.
29. He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.
30. Love had caught him out of triviality and Maurice out of bewilderment in order that two imperfect souls might perfection.
31. He’s like a drug for you, Bella.-Stephenie Meyer
32. You can’t force love, I realized. It’s there or it isn’t. If it’s not there, you’ve got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you’ve got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.-Richelle Mead
33. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever-Nicholas Sparks
34. I heard what you said. I’m not the silly romantic you think. I don’t want the heavens or the shooting stars. I don’t want gemstones or gold. I have those things already. I want steady hand. A kind soul. I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe. I want to love, and be loved.-Shana Abe
35. They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other ever day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.-Nicholas Sparks
36. The very essence of romance is uncertainty.-Oscar Wilde
37. If music be the food of love, play on, Give me excess of it; that surfeiting, The appetite may sicken, and so die.-William
38. I can feel Peeta press his forehead into my temple and he asks, ‘So now that you’ve got me, what are you going to do with me?’ I turn into him. ‘Put you somewhere you can’t get hurt.-Suzanne Collins
39. I’d said it before and meant it: Alive or undead, the love of my life was a badass.-Richelle Mead
40. Only a true best friend can protect you from your immortal enemies.-Richelle Mead
More similar sweet love quotes: 101 Best Sweet Love Quotes
Cute Romantic Quotes
41. True love is rare, and it’s the only thing that gives life real meaning.-Nicholas Sparks
42. When love is not madness it is not love.-Pedro Calderon de la Barca
43. I was smiling yesterday,I am smiling today and I will smile tomorrow.Simply because life is too short to cry for anything.-Santosh Kalwar
44. Say ‘provoking’ again. Your mouth looks provocative when you do.-Becca Fitzpatrick
45. You here to finish me off, Sweetheart?-Suzanne Collins
46. You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question.-Albert Camus
47. You’re dangerous,he says. Why? Because you make me believe in the impossible-Simone Elkeles
48. I’ve been fighting to be who I am all my life. What’s the point of being who I am, if I can’t have the person who was worth all the fighting for?-Stephanie Lennox
49. My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me, That I must love a loathed enemy.-William Shakespeare
50. When one is in love, one always begins by deceiving one’s self, and one always ends by deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.-Oscar Wilde
51. Sometimes when I’m alone, I take the pearl from where it lives in my pocket and try to remember the boy with the bread, the strong arms that warded off nightmares on the train, the kisses in the arena.-Suzanne Collins
52. “You fell in love with a storm. Did you really think you would get out unscathed?”— Nikita Gill
53. “Don’t be afraid,” I said, “We belong together.” I was immediately overcome by the truth of my own words.”— Stephenie Meyer
54. “You are damaged and broken and unhinged. But so are shooting stars and comets.”— Nikita Gill
55. “Maybe ‘okay’ will be our ‘always’…”— John Green
56. “I think it’s romantic,” she said mostly to Edward. “Cursed to live their lives in the shadows, to be together only under the cover of darkness… hiding their love from the sunlight.They’re gay, honey,” said Emma, “not vampires.”— Z.A. Maxfield
57. “I’m sorry you don’t want to know me anymore. I will spend the rest of my life regretting the fact that I wasted my second chance to know you. And I will always be conscious of your absence.”- Gabriel to Julia.”— Sylvain Reynard
58. “Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.”-Alfred Tennyson
59. “He ran his thumb over my lower lip, sending a flurry of sparks through me. “Good-bye, Sophie.” -Cal”— Rachel Hawkins
60. “I make love with a focus and intensity that most people reserve for sleep.”— Dark Jar Tin Zoo
Short Romantic Quotes
61. “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.”-Andre Marois
62. “I think of you only twice a day – when I am alone and when I am with someone else.”— Amit Kalantri
63. “I like threesomes with two women, not because I’m a cynical sexual predator. Oh no! But because I’m a romantic. I’m looking for “The One.” And I’ll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time.”— Russell Brand
64. “And what about us? Do you want a vampire boyfriend?” He laughed bitterly. “Because I forsee many romantic picnics in our future. You, drinking a virgin piña colada. Me, drinking the blood of a virgin.”— Cassandra Clare
65. “You’re a marshmallow. Soft and sweet and when you get heated up you go all gooey and delicious.”— Janet Evanovich
66. “Tea is just an excuse. I am drinking this sunset, this evening. and you.”— Sanober Khan
67. “Nothing remains forever, the only thing that remains forever is romantically stupid word forever.”— Santosh Kalwar
68. “Do you know what I love? Life. And romantic love is a distraction that makes staying alive more difficult. ” [Sabine]”— Kresley Cole
69. “Come on Princess,” he sighs, as he scoops me up off the sand and carries me to my room. “I’m not going to be able to sleep unless I know you’re safe.”— Jillian Dodd
70. “Are you seeing anyone romantically?” he inquired.”No, I’m not,” she replied.”Good. Please keep it that way. Because I intend to ask you to marry me.”— Mitch Albom
71. “And in her smile, I see something more beautiful than the stars.”-Across the Universe Beth Revis
72. “Even before we met and long after we’re both gone, my heart lives inside of yours. I’m forever and ever in love with you.”— Crystal Woods
73. “Some people come in your life and make you believe that your life is incomplete without them. Then they leave, creating a void in your heart that may fill back with time but will never be complete.”— Anmol Rawat
74. “Cameron, my heart is quite literally in this,” he hisses through gritted teeth. Swooning words. A romantic declaration. I can barely stop my eyes from rolling.”Save it for when we get her back,” I grumble.”— Victoria Aveyard
75. “There is nothing more beautiful than a vulnerable heart in open hands.”— Amanda Mosher
76. “I have a question for you. “If your shadow is the second most beautiful thing in the world, which is the first?”— Amit Kalantri
77. “O, Wanderess, Wanderess When did you feel your most euphoric kiss? Was I the source of your greatest bliss?” ― Roman Payne
78. “When he reached her, he touched a hand to her face. Smiled. “Important. That’s one word. Everything. That’s another. Loved,” he said, adding the most important word of all. “God, Darcy, you are so loved.”― Cindy Gerard
79. “True love is putting someone else before yourself.”-Frozen
80. “Love is the most complex of all human phenomena. It exists on a spectrum from tolerance and kindness to romantic love and self-sacrifice, reaching its pinnacle in altruism, a love that needs nothing in return.”― Gudjon Bergmann
Looking for short love quotes then visit: 320 Best Short Cute Love Quotes
Deep Romantic Quotes
81. “Cinderella is every little girl’s first romance novel, at least where the heroine is awake for most of the story.” – Kat Young
82. “Let me give you a little piece of advice. Most men like to do the chasing.” Well, most men would have caught me by now.”― B.J. Daniels
83. “You are more beautiful at first light then most girls are dressed and glamorous.”Dana Christy” ― Dana Christy
84. “Do you know that most men fear getting laughed at or humiliated by a romantic prospect while most women fear rape and death?” Rachel raised a skeptical brow as she spoke. “Let’s just say, I’ve lost interest.” -Being Brave Again”― Anais Torres
85. “I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”-The Fault in Our Stars
86. “What I’m trying to say, Brooke Overland is that I want to be your nanny.” That’s seriously the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard in my life.”― C.M. Stunich
87. “You have the most incredible eyes. I feel as if I can look into your soul.” Sid shivered. “Don’t look too closely.”― B.J. Daniels
Click for hundreds of true love quotes: True Love Quotes For People In Love
88. “You’re the closest to heaven, that I’ll ever be.”-Iris Goo Goo Dolls
89. “I’ll be fast. I can make you come in two minutes.”
90. “Although they probably know that some children were used and some children are used as miners, most adults are ignorant of the chocolate industry’s use of minors.”― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
91. “Do you always mix business and pleasure?” She flashed her most alluring smile. “Miss Stockton, when you own an inn, your business is a pleasure.”― J.M. Maxim
92. “ The heart has its reasons which reason knows not.”― Blaire Pascal
93. “Every night I watch the sunset and soak up every last ray of its warmth, and send it from my heart to yours.”-Pearl Harbor
94. “Fear is the most prodigious enemy of our soul”― Abhishek Shukla
95. “The most beautiful things in life are unassuming and simple, to begin with.”― Merlin Franco
96. “Her smile makes me feel like a million little stars have just found their home in the gravitational force of my heart’s most natural orbit” ― H.L. Balcomb
97. “I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.-”― The Alchemist Paulo Coelho
98. “The most beautiful jewelry in the world is not a diamond necklace, but two hearts beating as one.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
99. “Every heart sings a song, incomplete until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song.”-Plato
100. “Are you following me?” she asks, but doesn’t meet my gaze. “Yeah,” I say. “Why?” I give her the only honest and true answer I have. “You’re where I want to be.”― Simone Elkeles
Find more inspiring love quotes here: 267 Beautiful Inspirational Love Quotes
Romantic Quotes For Her
101. “The very first moment I beheld him, my heart was irrevocably gone.” – Jane Austen
102. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
103. “I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
104. “Love is not about possession. Love is about appreciation.” – Osho
105. “I am so grateful for your love and friendship. You are my sunshine in a world that can be so dark and cloudy.” – Unknown
106. “I love you more than any words could ever say. You have made my life complete and I am forever grateful to have you by my side.” – Unknown
107. “I have waited for this opportunity for more than half a century, to repeat to you once again my vow of eternal fidelity and everlasting love.” – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
108. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
109. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
110. “Love is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
111. “I have found the one whom my soul loves.” – Song of Solomon 3:4
112. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
113. “I want to be your favorite hello and your hardest goodbye.” – Unknown
114. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” – Moulin Rouge
115. “You are my sun, my moon, and all my stars.” – E.E. Cummings
116. “I never want to stop making memories with you.” – Pierre Jeanty
117. “I am yours, don’t give myself back to me.” – Rumi
118. “To the world, you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.” – Bill Wilson
119. “I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons.” – Christopher Poindexter
120. “Love is not only something you feel, it is something you do.” – David Wilkerson
Need more love quotes for her? Explore: Love Quotes For Her From The Heart
Romantic Quotes For Him
121. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
122. “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope.” – Jane Austen
123. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
124. “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.” – Nicholas Sparks
125. “I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do, right this second.” – Kami Garcia
126. “I’m much more me when I’m with you.”
127. “My heart is and always will be yours.” – Jane Austen
128. “I choose you. And I’ll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I’ll keep choosing you.”
129. “I want you. All of you. Your flaws. Your mistakes. Your imperfections. I want you, and only you.”
130. “You are my heart, my life, my entire existence.” – Julie Kagawa
131. “I love you. Remember. They cannot take it.” – Lauren Oliver
132. “In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” – Jane Austen
133. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
134. “I love you, not because of what you have but because of what I feel when I’m near you.”
135. “I would rather spend a single lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
136. “I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea.” – Nicholas Sparks
137. “When I saw you, I fell in love and you smiled because you knew.”
138.”I loved you from the very first day.” – Lady Antebellum
139. “I am so in love with you that there isn’t anything else.” – Ernest Hemingway
140. “You have bewitched me, body and soul.” – Jane Austen
Read more love quotes for him: Beautiful Love Quotes For Him
Passionate Romantic Quotes
141. “You are my forever and always.”
142. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda
143. “I would rather spend one moment holding you, than a lifetime knowing I never could.”
144. “I would rather spend a single lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – Arwen
145. “I’m never gonna stop loving you, whatever else happens.” – Kiera Cass
146. “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
147. “I love you more than words can say.”
148. “I love you, not because of what you have, but because of what I feel when I’m near you.”
149. “I don’t want to live in a world where I’m not yours.” – John Green
150. “I fell in love with you because of the million things you never knew you were doing.”