March 22nd, 2017 | Updated on April 8th, 2023
Are you looking for signs you’re in the right relationship? All relationships are full of ups and downs, but there are some signs that show you’re in a healthy relationship. Here are the 40 ideas everyone needs to know for a healthy relationship.
Scroll Down For The Relationship Goals
1. You trust each other, a healthy relationship is built on trust. If you don’t trust each other, you will be uncomfortable doing things separately
2. You make decisions jointly. Couples should be able to make decisions together and not leave the task to one person.
3. You support each other’s dreams. You push each other to be the best versions of yourselves. Your partner’s success is your joy.
4. Healthy relationships depend on effective communication. Communicating in a healthy relationship means listening.
5. Help each other with chores and other necessary activities like cooking, cleaning etc.
6. You find joy in little things. You’re totally cool with fart jokes and the likes, complete each other’s sentences and you have at least one “our song!” on the playlist.
7. You appreciate each other through it all, because you know that no matter what you face together, you’re supposed to be together. You rock at being best friends, which makes you an unstoppable couple.
8. You don’t understand some of the issues other couples have.
9. You work through the adversity of time, distance and changing circumstances with baby steps, and diligent patience.
10. You each have your own goals and involvements, and support one another.
11. You make each other feel confident, attractive, independent and proud.
12. Appreciate you differences. You don’t need to ignore or play down the differences between you and your partner.
13. You don’t need much to have a blast together. Sometimes it’s downright comical how much fun you have doing simple activities.
14. Redefine intimacy. Go beyond physical intimacy. Real intimacy is about the smaller everyday moments.
15. Your views don’t conflict on major issues, but you are open to discussing the opinions that matter to each of you.
16. The freedom and expectation to be yourself.
17. Every morning you have the opportunity to make your relationship sweeter and deeper by recommitting to your mate
18. If you want to feel more love, try giving more. It’s a simple program that really works.
19. Studies show that couples who exercise together are not only healthier, but more satisfied with their marriage.
20. Honesty without fear of abandonment or rejection.
21. A deep interest and support for your significant other’s passions in life.
22. Eating healthy food together at a table will not only encourage good family nutrition, but provides a regular, sacred space for conversation and laughter.
23. You change in at least one way you never thought possible in order to be more like the other.
24. A desire to see your significant other more happy than yourself.
25. Even though you’re married, you keep dating each other as if you’d just met.
26. You love your partner for who they are, and not what you want them to be.
27. You show love every single day, not just on Valentine’s Day or your anniversary.
28. Conversations about big life decisions and conversations about nothing will help you to bond.
29. Nobody’s perfect, and one of you is bound to do or say something that will annoy the other person.
30. You show interest and support in your partner’s hobbies and passions in life.
31. If you truly care about the person you are in a relationship with, you have to learn to forgive them for their mistakes.
32. It is very important to grow as a couple. You grow as a couple by spending time just talking and bonding with each other.
33. You love to spend quality time together doing something or absolutely nothing.
34. You love to make your partner laugh because, as they say, it is the best medicine.
35. If there is a problem that arises in your relationship with your partner, offer advice that tries to help them actually solve the problem.
36. You use sex to deepen your emotional as well as physical connection, rather than fill a void.
37. Missing each other is a great way to reconnect. Have a weekend getaway with your friends every few months.
38. Give your undivided attention when your partner is speaking. It’s is one of the most important things you can do.
39. Find few important things you really love About them and tell them
40. Don’t complicate things That Aren’t Complicated Enough
Watch Relationship Goals Video