October 17th, 2017 | Updated on February 1st, 2019
Ceramic cookware is a popular cooking option now days. The material maintains an even heat distribution which enables even cooking. No hot or cold spots to watch out for. Ceramic cookware sets have some nonstick frying pan making cleaning easy and the material is dishwasher safe as well.
We are familiar with many different cookware companies in the market. Here are some best benefits of ceramic cookware pots and pans that we need to know. They are:
There are some concerns that Teflon can be dangerous when heated to high temperatures. Though the tolerance is pretty high, the fumes created by a too-hot Teflon coated pan can damage your health. Furthermore, chips and pieces that are ingested can contain carcinogens. Ceramic doesn’t have such concerns, nor does it give off trace metals like other metal cookware.
Corrosion and Chip Resistant
A good quality ceramic skillet or fry pan is resistant to damage and heat degradation, especially if you treat it right. You won’t need to polish it like with stainless steel, and it will last for a long time with a gloss finish that looks great.
Most ceramic coated skillets and pans are dishwasher safe, and even if you wash by hand they’re really easy to clean. There’s seldom a need to soak it, and residue just sloughs right off.
Each pan has care instructions that we’d follow closely, but many of us don’t have time to read it. So, here are some general guidelines for you.
Advantages of Ceramic
1. Quality and level heat distribution
2. Ceramic cookware is manufactured to offer level and well spread heat. This feature ensures that the food you are cooking in the pan is heated uniformly and precisely.
3. Furthermore, you will not be left to deal with a pan that only heats up at the center and complicate your cooking process.
4. It is in the league of pots and pans in the cast-iron category in regard to its efficiency of offering level and superior heat distribution.
5. Ceramic cookware is revered as the most sturdy cookware material available in the market today. Due to its sturdiness, its surface doesn’t corrode and neither will you be required to polish it or season the cookware.
6. Furthermore, that comes with an enamel base has been designed to last for long as it doesn’t chip or break like its clay based counterpart.
7. Nonstick frying pan Can Be Used in High-Temperatures
8. Since ceramics are created with an enamel base, most of the cookware is idea for high-pressure cooking temperatures. This makes them a perfect choice for individuals wanting to sear meats or other ingredients at extremely high temperatures.
9. Easy to Clean and Polish
10. Ceramic cookware is one of the best materials that are cleaned easily. Ceramic offers a perfect non-stick cooking surface that is also very easy to clean. Besides, the enamel feature incorporated in the cookware is very effective at stopping food resides from sticking on the surface making the process of cleaning as easy as wiping the dirt off.
11. However, if you prepare food that ends up sticking on the surface, you can result to using materials such as scouring powder or any other products meant for cleaning utensils. You will not be given instructions to clean gentle or hard as ceramic cookware doesn’t get scratched, neither will it get marks as you clean it.
How is ceramic cookware made?
“Xtrema cookware is made of 100% inorganic ceramic minerals and so is our ceramic non-scratch. All ceramic copper frying pans and saucepan set are made of various inorganic minerals and oxides. The oxides give the glaze it’s strength, color and glossiness. Our ceramic cookware and it’s ceramic glaze contain no metals or lead and cadmium.