March 8th, 2017 | Updated on March 8th, 2019
The main purpose which was to bring equality in genders has not been achieved. There is a big gap between the wages of men and women all over the world and the number of women in politics or business in comparison to men is very low. According to figures, health, education level, etc. of women around the globe is still poor and the cases of violence against women are being observed everywhere.
Scroll Down For A Message by UN Women’s Executive Director
Let’s celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 for the whole month of March. International Women’s Day is on March 8 but there are so many ways to celebrate the occasion online let’s make it a month-long thing. Today it has become a global day of recognition and celebration, as well as a reminder of the importance of women’s equality in all aspects of life in all countries of the world.
1. Follow the IWD Pinterest account.
2. Follow IWD on Twitter.
3. Retweet posts from charities and organizations (the UN, Oxfam, Care International, Plan, etc.) who run their own campaigns for International Women’s Day.
4. Join the discussion about IWD on Linkedin.
5. Join the IWD community on Facebook.
6. Search International Women’s Day events in your country and decide what you’ll attend.
7. Watch International Women’s Day videos on YouTube.
8. Hang out with your friends.
9. Take some time for yourself.
10. Make an online donation to your favorite women’s charity.
11. Make your website or blog purple in honor of #PaintItPurple. Purple symbolizes justice and dignity — two values strongly connected to women’s equality.
12. Support a female-focused crowdfunding initiative.
13. Create your own video for International Women’s Day and upload it to YouTube.
14. Check out the Google homepage for the annual International Women’s Day design. This was 2018’s
15. Keep up to date with news about International Women’s Day 2018.
16. Watch Reuters International Women’s Day slideshow.
17. Promote your own International Women’s Day event.
18. Listen to BBC Radio 3 at 7:30 p.m. on March 8 to hear music by contemporary women composers live from the BBC’s Maida Vale Studios.
19. Shop for a specially designed product celebrating women from Net-A-Porter, such as this beautiful 18-carat gold “Empower” bracelet designed by Jennifer Meyer.
20. Let’s celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 for the whole month of March
21. International Women’s Day is about celebrating the achievements of women past, present, and future. Email the women in your life and let them know why they’re special to you.
Watch A Message by UN Women’s Executive Director
Video: UN Women: YouTube