Published on October 19th, 2017
There’s nothing more exciting than a new relationship in love. When we’ve been burned in a relationship, we go into new relationships a little more wary. “That’s a two-edged sword. While being street-smart can help you avoid making the same mistake the next time, It can also keep you so hyper alert to possible problems that you don’t give yourself to a relationship.
Most young lovers rush into a new romance and want to know everything it has to offer within the first few days. Here are some tips to help you when you’re ready to try again.
1. Settle the past
2. Realize you can make a choice
3. Learn who’s safe and not safe and how to be safe
4. Get clear about your expectations
5. Realize there are wonderful people everywhere
6. Learn where to go to meet people who enjoy the same things you do
7. Hold off on the sex
8. Check out their “fit
9. Pay attention to their overall behavior
10. Listen to your gut
A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.