Updated on February 19th, 2019
Having inspiring individuals throughout our time to serve as a means of bringing us back to what matters, and the goodness of it at that, is a blessing. To me, Rumi is one of those people. Love is for vanishing into the sky. The mind, for learning what men have done and tried to do.
Below, you will find 50 quotes on love that encompass both the necessity of loving from within and for oneself, as well as the connection between two people.
1. “Two there are who are never satisfied — the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.”
2. “Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.”
3. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.”
4. “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I’ll meet you there.”
5. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
6. “Love is the bridge between you and everything.”
7. “If you find me not within you, you will never find me. For I have been with you, from the beginning of me.”
8. “Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer.”
9. “Reason is powerless in the expression of Love.”
10. “Only from the heart can you touch the sky.”
11. “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.”
12. “I am yours. Don’t give myself back to me.”
13. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.”
14. “A thousand half-loves must be forsaken to take one whole heart home.”
15. “However much we describe and explain love, when we fall in love we are ashamed of our words.”
16. Through love thorns become roses, through love vinegar becomes sweet wine.
17. Love exalts our earthly bodies to heaven, and makes the very hills to dance with joy!
18. The lover’s ailment is different from all ailments; Love is the astrolabe of God’s mysteries.
19. Love is fearless in the midst of the sea of fear.
20. The lover’s love is visible but love depends not on outward form or face.
21. The torch of love is all sweetness.
22. The love of the soul is for life and the living one, because its origin is the Soul not bound to place
23. One who is really loved is the single object of her lover, the Alpha and Omega of his desires.
24. Through love Ghouls turn into angels.
25. Kindle in thy heart the flame of love, and burn up utterly thoughts and fine expressions.
26. A true lover is proved such by his pain of heart; no sickness is there like sickness of heart.
27.Only he whose garment is rent by the violence of love is wholly pure from covetousness and sin.
28. Let the beauty we love be what we do.
29. We love: that’s why life is full of so many wonderful gifts.
30. Love is a perfect muzzle of evil suggestions; without love who ever succeeded in stopping them?
31. Be a lover, and seek that fair beauty, hunt for that waterfowl in every stream.
32. If I love myself I love you. If I love you I love myself.
33. Love is from the infinite, and will remain until eternity. The seeker of love escapes the chains of birth and death.
34. A lifetime without Love is of no account. Love is the Water of Life. Drink it down with heart and soul!
35. Through love burning fire is pleasing light.
36. Only love itself can explain love and lovers.
37. Reason is powerless in the expression of Love.
38. Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
39. When pen hasted to write, on reaching the subject of love it split in twain.
40. A head has one use: For loving a true love. Feet: To chase after.
41. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.”
42.“If you find me not within you, you will never find me. For I have been with you, from the beginning of me.”
43.“This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.”
44.“Love is the bridge between you and everything.”
45.“Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer.”
46. “Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.”
47. “I want to see you. Know your voice. Recognize you when you first come ’round the corner. Sense your scent when I come into a room you’ve just left. Know the lift of your heel, the glide of your foot. Become familiar with the way you purse your lips then let them part, just the slightest bit, when I lean in to your space and kiss you. I want to know the joy of how you whisper ‘more.’”
48. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.”
49. “Two there are who are never satisfied — the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.”
50. “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I’ll meet you there.”