Published on January 4th, 2017
Happiness is synthetic—you either create it, or you don’t. Happiness that lasts is earned through your habits. Supremely happy people have honed habits that maintain their happiness day in, day out. Try out their tips, and see what they do for you:
1. No more procrastinating. If something needs to be done, you do it then and there.
2. No more eating when you’re down. You’re just going to gain weight and make yourself feel even worse.
3. Get to bed earlier. Nothing great happens after 2 am.
4. Wake up earlier. You don’t need to see the sun come up, but if the birds are chirping then you should be working.
5. Restrict your one-night stands to no more than one person per month. Anything more than that is too much of a gamble to be worth the risk.
6. Be more curious. Life may be an unsolvable puzzle, but it’s a puzzle nonetheless.
7. Give your liver a break and stop being a short step and stumble away from alcoholism.
You may also like 30 Inspirational Quotes That Will Change Your Life In This New Year 2017
8. Kick your drug habit and get reacquainted with reality.
9. Fold your clothes before you stuff them into your drawers.
10. Stop spending money on things that you don’t need.
11. Start saving money for a rainy day.
12. Leave your comfort zone at least once a week — every week.
13. Travel more.
14. Explore your sexuality.
15. Don’t party too often, but if you are going to party then do it up right. No half-assed celebrations. Balls to the wall or balls tucked into bed.
16. Give up commenting on topics you are clueless about.
17. When you don’t know the answer to things, ask.
18. Speak up and be heard. Being brilliant is useless unless others recognize it.
19. If you’re introverted, practice being a bit more outgoing and interactive.
You may also like 16 Life Changing Things You Should Try In New Year 2017
20. If you’re extroverted, spend some more time alone, being contemplative.
21. Stop harassing others.
22. Stop allowing yourself to be harassed. Stand up for yourself — no one else will.
23. Resolve to get to know yourself better. You’re the most interesting person you’ll ever get to know.
24. Stop disrespecting women because pop-culture deems it acceptable.
25. Learn to think for yourself.