June 5th, 2020 | Updated on June 30th, 2022
Since ancient times our ancestors used the spices and plants bestowed by nature to solve very big ailments.
However, only a few of them are being used even today without any hesitation.
Turmeric is one such spice that not only lends a unique test to your food but is equipped with loads of medicinal properties as well.
Originating from the Curcuma Longa plant, Turmeric is found in South Asian countries in abundance.
The best combination that Turmeric is found is with Curcumin and here we tell you 10 benefits of Turmeric Curcumin supplements.
1. Arthritis And Joint Pain
A common use for Turmeric is for reducing the pain originating in Joints due to Arthritis.
Symptoms of the same include reduction in movement, stiffness in joints, swelling, and others.
Research has revealed that Curcumin can inhibit mediator of inflammation that arises due to arthritis.
Combining it with Turmeric provides easy treatment for such kind of problems.
2. Chronic Inflammation
Sometimes your body responds to threats and as a result, you experience inflammation.
Such areas become red, swollen and the pain is unbearable. Curcumin is anti-inflammatory by nature and it inhibits the expansion of key inflammation creators in the body.
Chronic back pain may also arise due to this inflammation. Though Turmeric is not a direct influencer in reducing the pain it does work on the inflammation and reduces free radical damage.
3. Weight loss
Obese people remain at a high risk of diseases like diabetes, heart disease, cholesterol, and stroke. In case you have no other ailment then losing weight is easy.
However, if that is not the case then Curcumin supplements can stabilize the metabolism and thus keep your weight under control.
Similarly, Turmeric increases insulin sensitivity, regulates metabolism, and suppresses processes that cause the growth of adipose tissue.
4. Improvement Of Skin Health
The skin of our body is a sort of protection for our bodies. Unwanted skin problems may cause problems like Eczema, psoriasis, and other issues.
Using DIY turmeric masks many individuals keep their skin shining and glowing. Turmeric is known to enhance collagen synthesis and increase the speed of tissue repair.
5. Blood Thinner
Blood cells or platelets clot a certain area and that could be the cause of the trouble.
This happens when there is an injury. Due to certain problems, the blood may require thinning in order for things to move smoothly.
Curcumin has shown that it can act as a blood thinner. Turmeric also influences the various stages of coagulation processes however its efficacy cannot be certified.
6. Combat Attack On Chronic Diseases
Turmeric has anti-oxidant properties. Curcumin also boosts the functioning of our immune system and reduces oxidative stress.
Thus the following diseases can be tackled with the regular intake of a turmeric curcumin supplement:
- Cancer– Researchers have been able to prove the efficacy of using Turmeric for cancer treatments. Curcumin targets the cancer cells and reduces the chances of them growing further.
- Diabetes– Turmeric can also help in keeping your diabetes under control. Curcumin has insulin-sensitizing along with a glucose-lowering effect.
- High BP– Blood pressure or hypertension is a common ailment affecting people. Curcumin shows the capability to improve vascular endothelial function that is necessary to keep it in control.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia– Curcumin, in this case, reduces the build-up of beta-amyloid and neuroinflammation two factors that lead to these ailments.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome-IBS patients see an increase in the way their body responds to inflammatory triggers. Curcumin reduces the severity of IBS and reduces bloating, constipation, and abdominal pain.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease– IBD is inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract. Curcumin’s intake inhibits the production of pro-inflammatory markers that lead to GI tract problems.
- Parkinson’s disease-A neurodegenerative disease this one affects the senior citizens. It leads to a lack of motor functions and causes tremors, seizures, etc. Turmeric and Curcumin reduce the neurotoxicity that leads to the progress of the disease.
7. Improves Brain Function
Mental health can be a cause of concern during such stressful times. Curcumin increases DHA synthesis that is beneficial to improve brain health.
Antioxidants present improve neuroplasticity and cognition thus helping in keeping things normalized.
Turmeric also influences the neurotransmitter balance in the brain. This makes it a suitable treatment for depression.
8. Allergies And Asthma
Allergies are bodies’ reactions to the severe impact of an allergen. The body produces antibodies that come forward to tackle the irritant thus depicting various kinds of symptoms.
Anti-inflammatory features of turmeric can reduce allergic symptoms that can reduce the impact of asthma attacks too. Researches show Curcumin supplements reduce symptoms like sneezing, stuffed nose, etc.
9. Liver Detoxification
The liver cleans up our body of any impurities present in it. Thus its health is crucial to ensure the overall health of the body.
Trials show that Curcumin has the ability to reduce the damage done to the liver due to obstructions in inflammatory pathways. Turmeric makes it easy for the body to release bile and expelling unwanted waste from the body.
Migraines and headaches can be quite troublesome. They arise due to stress, fatigue, lack of sleep, bad posture, etc.
Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties Curcumin can reduce oxidative stress in the body. This leads to a reduction in the pain being experienced.