March 11th, 2019 | Updated on May 21st, 2021
Travelling of any kinds these days can be a strenuous affair. Especially when it comes to travelling intercity you need to rent a cab, find cheap gas and other facilities.
Obviously, then you cannot just go about looking around as that certainly wastes a lot of your time. Your smartphone is your perfect friend in such circumstances as it holds many apps which help you in choosing the best services.
With the option of apps, you can find out which services are most suitable in the area where you are residing or want to commute to. To make your search simple we have compiled a list of top 10 best car apps which are created with the sole purpose of making your car and cab search easy for you.
You can find the ones which suit the category of need you may possibly have and keep only those apps which fulfil that purpose.
Save money on gas, win prizes, and get rewards with the 1 car companion app. GasBuddy tells you where the nearest gas stations are and which are the cheapest today. GasBuddy users save around $340 a year. Never pay too much for gas again!
- Locate the gas stations with the lowest-priced gas — no matter the type — near you
- Filter the search results by price, location, brand, and amenities like car washes, restaurants and restrooms
- Read hundreds of thousands of reviews written by the GasBuddy community
- Never pay full price again —join Pay with GasBuddy and save 15c/gal on your 1st fill-up and 5c/gal on every fill up after
- Get price hike alerts so you can fill up before the increase
- Find deals offered by local convenience stores
- Enter the daily drawing for a chance to win $100 in free gas
- Don’t just save at the pump. Save while you drive with GasBuddy trips. Using the motion detection native to your phone, we will show you events that are costing you fuel economy and dollars.
- Add your vehicle to GasBuddy to receive automatic notifications when a new recall is issued.
- Report gas prices to help others save money and climb the ranks in your community
- Earn achievements by completing daily, weekly and monthly challenges
- Write reviews, rate stations and add tips for other GasBuddy users
I would rate higher if you would also alert us when prices are going down, so we could hold off on our purchase of fuel. It would also be helpful to know how much the price is going up/down.
Keep forgetting where you parked? Asking yourself where is my car? Where did I park? Take me to my car? Find my car?
With ParKing, the KING of parking, it will never happen again! This simple & free find my car app is exactly the car locator that you need!
- One click parking – Save a new parking reminder on a map with just one click.
- Parking history – History of your previous parking places.
- Automatic parking – Automatic parking detection using your car’s Bluetooth device.
- User defined zones – User defined zones with no automatic parking notifications (e.g. home, office).
- Parking time reminder / Parking timer – Parking time reminder to avoid fines.
- Navigation – Multiple navigation options to your car.
- Indoor / Underground parking – Add a photo or a text note to your parking for indoor/underground parking places. No GPS is required!
- iPad support – ParKing car locator app for iOS tablets.
- iWatch support – ParKing car finder app for iOS smartwatches.
- Widget – Beautiful home screen widget.
Auto Park feature does not work correctly – only works when I park in my garage! Resetting the app and reinstalling the app did not work. At sellers request I provided OS info – iOS 12 for my iPhone XS. Never heard back after I passed that info. Sent 2 emails requesting status of fix with no response. This review is for the paid version.
Always know what’s happening on the road with Waze. Even if you know the way, Waze tells you about traffic, construction, police, crashes, and more in real-time. If traffic is bad on your route, Waze will change it to save you time.
- See what’s happening – Alerts about traffic, police, hazards and more on your drive
- Get there faster – Instant routing changes to avoid traffic and save you time
- Play music & more – Listen to your favorite apps for music, podcasts & more right from Waze
- Know when you’ll arrive – Your ETA is based on live traffic data
- Pay less for gas – Find the cheapest gas along your route
- Drive with android auto – Use Waze on your car’s display
- Always find the way – Choose from a variety of voices to guide you while you drive
The Good: On the road, Waze excels in one very critical way: traffic accuracy. It also helps that the app is free and doesn’t require you to set up an account before using.
The Bad: The user interface is unattractive and can be difficult to use. Voice command is hidden in the menu.
The Bottom: Line For anyone looking for more reliable traffic data than Apple’s and Google’s stock maps applications, Waze is definitely worth a download.
4. Parkopedia Parking
The name Parkopedia is a combination of the words parking and encyclopedia. Born out of a frustration of looking for parking, we have set out to map and list every parking space in the world.
To date, Parkopedia has grown to cover 60 million parking spaces in over 8000 cities around the world thanks to contributions from drivers like you.
- Find parking using your current location or by entering an address
- Get directions straight to the space
- See parking space availability in real-time (where available)
- Find opening hours, up to date prices, payment methods and more
- Quickly narrow down parking choices using filters such as free, credit cards accepted, covered, etc
Finding a parking spot in a crowded area can be tough. If you have the Parkopedia app on your mobile device (iOS or Android), you can use it to find parking easily by just entering your current location or an address. It will then give you details about available parking spaces and even give you directions and other pertinent details, like payment options and opening hours.
See what your car is doing in realtime, get fault codes, sensor data and more!
An OBD II engine ECU diagnostics tool that uses a cheap bluetooth ELM / OBD adapter to connect to your car OBD2 engine management system.
- Shows and Resets engine fault codes / DTC trouble codes stored in your car
- Can export map/track log files to Google Earth KML / CSV
- Engine performance data(0 to 60, 0-100, quarter mile, etc) (full version)
- Head up display / GPS HUD mode perfect for checking your speed at night
- Data logging functions including web upload and file logging, you can even upload data to your own web server from sensors you choose
- Customisable dashboard with theme support – setup the dashboard with the gauges and dials that you want
- Can help you fix your car and helps keep car repair costs down!
- Turbo boost gauge support for VW vehicles (in Pro version only)
- MPG for petrol/Gasoline vehicles. (Pro version has diesel support)
Great can’t but cant buy the paid version. Bought 2 pre paid visa’s can use both on google play but not to buy the pro version. Seems like I’m stuck with the ad’s gonna try find a diff odb2 app that i CAN purchase after i try and like it. Try iron this issue out i want to support your efforts.
6. Rental cars
The triple award-winning Rentalcars.com app makes renting a car faster and easier than ever before.
With Rentalcars.com you can compare deals from 900 car rental companies in over 53,000 rental locations across 160 countries.
- We’ll search all our rental car partners and bring you the best deals
- We’ll show you all the cars available, and the details that really matter so you can make the choice that’s right for you
- Filter results easily to find exactly what you want as quickly as possible
- We don’t charge booking fees, credit card fees or cancellation fees
- Uncertain plans? No problem – make changes to your booking with no admin fees
- Manage your booking: if your plans change, update your rental car details from the app with no admin fees
- Remember me details of every driver, every booking and every credit card are stored securely, making it much quicker next time you rent a car
- Reserve your extras you can easily request additional drivers, child seats, GPS or anything else, and we’ll let you know how much these will cost when you get there
- Pick-up location we’ll give you the exact location of your car hire counter, making collecting you hire car quick and easy
- Parking Buddy remembers where your car is, just tap it to see where your car is and get directions
The car was ready when we arrived at the airport to pickup it up and it was exactly the vehicle we reserved online. Service was quick and efficient for both pickup and drop off.
7. Used Car Search Pro
Biggest used car search engine – Search 4 million cars for sale all in one easy-to-use app. Users have saved over $150 million to date. iSeeCars awarded the “Best Consumer Tech that Makes Life Easier” by MITX, has been featured on Consumer Reports, Forbes, Fortune, CNBC, CBS, NBC, USA Today and many others.
- Find your perfect used car or truck using 59 search filters
- Used vehicles are automatically sorted by best deals and price
- The price of every used car is analyzed so you don’t overpay
- Each of over 40,000 dealers is objectively scored and rated
- Easily create email alert to be notified of new listings
- Easily create price alert to be notified when a car has a price drop
- Save searches and listings
I look at cars for sale on this app everyday. Family and friends ask me to help them find great deals on new and used cars. Iseecars allows me to find cars based on the driver not the car. I can search for high horsepower cars or high mpg cars depending on what the buyer is looking for. Instead of knowing what car to look for it allows me to look at what the buyer wants in a car. A suggestion, add advanced safety features in the features filter.
Shopping for a new or used car or truck? Ready to meet your match? Download the free Cars.com app to find the perfect car for you today. Shop the best deals with immediate access to 4.9 million listings, 5 million driver reviews, and various tools to compare pricing on cars you like. Focused search filters help you zero in on the best new and used cars and trucks for sale near you. Research and find dealerships, compare car models, read car reviews, calculate loan payments, and connect with car sellers. Already have a car? Use our app to sell your car or find your vehicle’s value.
- Meet your perfect car match! Answer a few short questions about yourself to get nearby car recommendations tailored just for you.
- Shopping filters
- Car comparisons and reviews
- Dealer reviews and directions
- Hot car badges
- Deal badging
- Price comparison
- Check availability and price quotes
- Save favorites
- Sell your car
- Dealership lot tools
I’ve already rated this app a few times and it’s great. But it keeps asking me to rate it while I’m searching anyway. next time I’m dropping the rating because I’m tired of being asked to rate it when I already have.
Save Money: Manage the cost of fuel consumption and economy, car maintenance expenses and service costs of your car, motorcycle, bus or truck.
Find Cheap Gas Prices: Now you can plan your next supply. Where to refuel is a collaborative feature that makes possible to check fuel prices at stations close to you and other locations you prefer. You can still request GPS guiding to the selected station.
Fuel mileage calculator: Track average Km/liter, monthly expenses, averages per day, fuels, etc. Using this application you’ll have hands-on financial control of your vehicle.
- Total odometer reading or trip mileage input
- Full fuel management (fuel costs, efficiency, fuel stations, etc..) with advanced options of refuel types (full, partial) for financial control
- Support for recording fill-ups, services, expenses and trips (business, personal, etc).
- Gas mileage (fuel economy or fuel mileage) calculation with multiple units support: mpg, gallon/100mi, mi/l, km/gallon, l/100km, km/l
- Fuel stations registering
- Many statistics / charts / reports for your financial control
- Gas consumption charts per gas / fuel stations
- Advanced reminders (like reminder on next car maintenance)
- Charts with filter by car and/or date range. Easy editing of data in the charts.
- Vehicle maintenance records management with reminders
- Distance statistics total distance, distance/year, distance/month, distance/day
- Cost statistics cost per category (refuel, bill, services). Cost/distance, cost/year, cost/month, cost/day, consumption etc.
- Fuel efficiency statistics and management
- Gas efficiency statistics per gas / fuel stations
- Report with best/worst fuel efficiency. Easy to track conditions you were under were good or bad.
- Tracking maintenances, services, costs, expenses of your vehicle
- Fuel units US gallons, imperial gallons and liters
- Many fuel efficiency units such as mpg and km/l
- Track your fill ups and save cash
On my note 5 Drivo worked flawlessly, but since my recent upgrade to the Note 9 it doesnt even open. im very sad and disappointed. I’ve been using drivo for almost 3 years to keep track of my car.
Turo is a peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from local hosts across the US, Canada, the UK, and Germany. A vibrant community over five million strong, Turo guests can choose from over 850 unique makes and models, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership.
Whether it’s a truck to help on moving day, a Mercedes-Benz for a luxurious weekend away, or a classic VW bus for a picture-perfect road trip, with more than 200,000 vehicles listed worldwide, Turo lets you find the perfect vehicle for your next adventure.
- Choose from a totally unique selection of cars and drive the perfect one for your trip
- Book cars directly from local hosts, as much as 30% less than traditional car rental agencies
- Get the car delivered, and book trips on the go with a quick tap
- Share your car and turn your depreciating asset into an earnings engine
- Rest assured with up to $1 million (CA$2 million for Canadian vehicles) in liability insurance backing each trip
Very cool app, way cheaper than a normal rental car. My experience was smooth and the Mustang I rented in LA was amazing. The cars can have some scratches here and there, just make sure to take a picture before you hit the road.