Published on June 2nd, 2021
These breastfeeding apps track anything you do with your baby — breastfeeding, complementary feeding, sleeps, crying, weight, height. Some of these apps also help record when and on which side the baby is nursed.
The list has included only those apps which keep both parents on the same page with regard to feeding and other activities.
1. Breastfeeding – Baby Tracker
Track breastfeeding, complementary feeding, sleeps, crying, weight, height and head circumference, pumping times, temperature and even arbitrary self-defined events like nappies or fever.
- Want to share the work and info? You can sync with your partner, nanny, grandparents or even friends.
- Diary and graphs to gain insights on how your baby develops over time.
- Widgets for the lock screen, status bar and desktop are included for maximum convenience!
- Nightmode with a configurable dark screen setup – you don’t want to disturb anybody during nightly baby nursing.
Breastfeeding tracker (free part of the baby tracker)
- Record when and on which side the baby is nursed. Simple and intuitive.
- Subsequent baby feedings can be joined into one meal.
- Graphical analysis of the logged daily breastfeeding times and meals.
- Displays your typical breastfeeding times: When does your baby typically get hungry?
- The app supports multiple time frames for analysing the logged events: today, 24 hours, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month, all.
- Diary view gives you an overview of all logged events. You can always drill down to single events.
- Export the graph to png-images
- Widgets including start, pause and stop buttons (two sizes, small and big). Therefore no need to even open the app to log a baby nursing!
No ads! This app will always be free of ads.
I’m a first-time mom and this app has been really helpful. It’s a big aid during breastfeeding, helps to keep track of diapers during the first weeks, and it can be synced between different devices for multiple users entry. My baby is only 3 weeks old now. I don’t know how much use I’ll have for the months ahead, but I’d say the breastfeeding function alone would make me purchase it again. Read All Review
2. Baby Connect (Baby Tracker)
Picked by Apple as a featured App for Busy Moms, Baby Connect is the #1 and the most comprehensive baby tracker on the AppStore. It has graphical reports and trending charts, weekly averages, medicine, vaccine and growth tracking, timers, push notifications, reminder alarms, emails, night mode, milk stash management, Siri shortcuts, an easy-to-use interface and unlimited data.
Baby Connect will synchronize information with your spouse, babysitter or nanny wherever they are. If you change or lose your phone, no information is lost, you can always connect to your account with a browser or with another phone.
- Enable a night mode
- Integration with SIRI: most action can be voice-activated
- Easily track feeding (bottle, breastfeeding, solid food, cup), diaper changes, sleep, activities, mood, behavior, milestones, diary
- Track pumping and your milk stash
- Track doctor visits, medicines, vaccines, sickness, weight, height, head size, temperature.
- Customize the app for toddlers and older kids, with potty training and solid food.
- Setup reminder alarms to alert for the next event, for instance: alarm 3h after the last feeding
- Automatically synchronize data between accounts over the Internet
- Display graphical charts of the baby’s activities
- Display growth charts with percentile comparison.
- For Preemies, percentiles are calculated with the birth date or with the due date.
- Display all entries on a graphical Timeline view.
- Timer to track naps, activities, feeding session, mood and breastfeeding duration. The last nursing side is indicated as a reminder
Exactly what you’re looking for
This app is amazing. It allows me to keep track of all important data and keeps my husband and I on the same page. I am a first time mom with a child with a complicated medical outlook, which required monitoring his output and input regularly. This app has assisted me in that endeavor and insured my success. It is also the best with regards to feeding. It has allowed me to track my own output, as a first timer breastfeeding, track trends, and keep track of pumping, etc. Read More
3. Feed Baby Pro – Baby Tracker
Number 1 Paid Medical mobile app in over 20 countries worldwide, including US, UK, Canada, Australia and India.
Feed Baby is also available for the iPhone on the Apple app store. Just search for “Feed Baby Tracker” in iTunes.
Each device that syncs will need to have Feed Baby Pro purchased and installed. Feed Baby Pro only needs to be purchased once per google account. Once you purchase Feed Baby Pro then you can install/re-install it on all of your devices as long as those devices all use the same Google Play account (this is the same way that all paid apps work in the Google Play store).
- Track and Monitor ALL aspects of your babys breastfeeding, growth and development. Record Bottle and Breast feedings, Daipers, Sleep, Pumpings, Growth Charts and Journals.
- Easily record breast/bottle/SOLID feeds with a single touch.
- Easily record daiper changes (pees/poos) with a single touch.
- Device-to-Device Synchronization between any number of devices
- Easily record and chart your babys Growths (weight, height and head circumference)
- Easily record your Babys Sleeping Sessions with a single touch
- Easily record your Pumping Sessions
- Easily “Continue” the last recorded feed (not available in “Lite”)
- Easily “Pause” the current feed (not available in “Lite”)
- Easily add Medicines and create Medication Records to record all of your babys medicine intake
- Easily record Baths, Diary entries, Activities, etc.
- Record 2 Babies (only available when Feed Baby Pro is installed)
- Supports Twins!
- Daily Summary screen that shows ALL activities for each day
Efficient and exactly what we need to monitor progress and report to the pediatrician. Great app for those that can’t remember what or when they fed last or how many poops and pees. Great for keeping track of milk production.
4. Baby Feed Timer
Tracks breastfeeds, bottle feeds, breast pumps, diapers, sleep, solid food, weight, length, notes and reminders(ideal for recording baby’s temperature and medicine given). You can even synchronise the data across Android and iOS devices or give non mobile users access to them by logging in to babyfeedtimer.net.
Very nice with a lot of features to track anything you do with your baby! Useful even to show the paediatrician I finally found something you cannot track : (Ok you won’t track it every day but it can become useful once in a while) the temperature ! If you could add maybe a “sickness” tracking with the temperature and the medicines given for example it would be nice. Read All Reviews
5. Baby Daybook – Breastfeeding & Sleeping Tracker
Baby Daybook is all in one baby tracker with family sync, growth tracking, reminders, photo albums and more.
Baby log is conveniently displayed in one place, so you will always know what to do next. The app allows configuring what activities to show and in what order.
20 predefined activity types:
- Breastfeeding tracker – start a nursing timer to track feeding duration for each breast.
- Bottle tracking – log breast milk or formula feeding and quickly note the amount.
- Food logging – monitor newborn’s reaction to solid foods to find preferences or allergies.
- Breast pump – log pumping sessions and see the daily amount and last used side at a glance.
- Diaper changes – know how many diapers you change during the day and when was the last poop.
- Potty training – simplify the challenge of getting rid of diapers.
- Sleeping tracker – improve baby’s sleeping quality by recording overnight sleeps and day naps.
- Health tracking – keep track of temperature measurements, medicine, symptoms, doctor visits and vaccinations.
- And more – log bath, tummy time, walking outside, playtime and other activities to have a full picture of baby’s day.
I’ve been using it on my baby since birth. Quite efficient and effective especially in a busy daily life setting. I know know how to budget for milk and diapers as well as track what she eats and her reaction. It’s an addictive app and I can’t seem to go by without it, that’s the only downside. Once you’re hooked, you’re in. I can track my baby’s growth on charts as well. It gives me accountability beyond. Parenting is a breeze with this app by my side. Read All Reviews
6. Ovia Parenting: Baby Tracker, Breastfeeding Timer
Log your baby’s daily feedings, diapers, sleep, and developmental milestones week by week with Ovia Parenting! Celebrate every moment – from your baby’s first smile to their first steps.
Ovia apps have helped over 13 million women and families – download Ovia Parenting today to see what’s new with your child’s development and growth, track everything for your baby, share your family’s most memorable moments, and more.
- Health tracker: log your baby’s feedings (breast or bottle), dirty diapers, and sleep daily
- Developmental milestone tracker: customizable, illustrated milestone checklist
- Upload and share photos and videos
- Easily add multiple children
- Customize each child’s name, gender, and skin tone
- Daily updates on your child’s development delivered directly to your timeline
- 1,000+ (free!) expert articles with information about your child’s development and parenting tips.
- Developmental milestone information for a range of ages, starting with preemies and newborns, going all the way through three years old.
- Add family, followers and admins so they can watch your child grow and see their milestone achievement.
I’m really enjoying the simplicity of this app and how easy it is to use. It’s a nice follow on from the ovia fertility and pregnancy apps. I do wish it had a way of tracking pumping sessions as well. We have a preterm bub so we breastfeed as well as give EBM top up bottles as well as express and it would be great to be able to track all of these. Read All Reviews
7. Milk Maid
Featured in the New York Times, Parenting, and Babytalk magazine. Milk Maid keeps track of individual bottles and bags by pumping date so that you can use the oldest milk first. Milk Maid is flexible. You can combine milk from multiple pumping sessions or pour milk from one bottle into multiple bottles and freezer bags. Set an expiration period for each storage location and Milk Maid will track the expiration time of each bottle/bag in your stash. Browse the stash to see containers that are nearing expiration or expired.
I am exclusively pumping for my son. I needed a tool to help keep track of how much I was pumping out and a way to keep track of my growing freezer stash. With the app, I know how much my son is drinking, how much I pump each day, and exactly how many ounces I have stored in each freezer or fridge I keep the milk in. Read All Reviews