Updated on April 13th, 2019
Game of Thrones has kept its fans on edge and now with bated breath they have been waiting to know what season 8 of the same holds for them.
HBO released the official trailer for Game of Thrones Season 8, after months and months of frustratingly short clips and weird promo clips.
Scroll Down For The Trailer
Though the final season is going to open only on April 14th this year HBO has finally dropped the teaser giving a glimpse of what to expect.
Here, We Have Listed 20 Fun Facts Of Game Of Thrones That Will Amaze You.
1. The author R.R. Martin had a cameo in the pilot. But his shot with Merchant was edited out, with this his only appearance in the series was also cut. The shot, filmed in Morocco, had a scene in which the author was one of the guests at Dany’s wedding to Khal Drogo. But the part of Dany was subsequently recast, and the entire Morocco wedding scene was edited out.
2. According to the Social Security Administration, Khaleesi was one of the most popular baby names in 2013. Khaleesi, as a baby name is getting more popular over time. In 2012, it the 1,021st most popular name, which improved to 755th position in 2014.
3. The character of King Joffery Baratheon was modeled after Caligula. Who was Caligula? He was Roman emperor from AD 37 to AD 41. Gaius Caesar, nicknamed Caligula or “Little Boot, was a cruel, sadistic, sexually perverse leader.
4. Lena Headey was not the first choice for the role of Cersei Lannister. The role was originally to be played by Carice van Houten. But she refused the audition, as she was busy shooting Intruders. And then the role was offered to Lena Headey.
5. In Game of Thrones, Sansa Stark’s dire wolf Lady met an untimely end as a sacrifice to mollify the queen’s anger. As a child, Sansa always wanted a dog, hut her parents never wanted one. Lady died horribly in Game of Thornes, but in real life she was saved by Sophie Turner who likes nothing more than to relax at home with her family and pet dog Zunni, adopted from the series. Her mom persuaded her to also adopt Lady.
6. Peter Dinklage aka Tyrion was not immediately sold on Game of Thrones. He did not want a long beard and pointy shoes. But he was told that long beard was not meant to depict him as a villain. His character was a drinker who also happened to be a womanizer. Then he agreed to sign on. Peter Dinklage plays younger sibling of Jaime and Cersei Lannister who shared a not so good relationship with his father Tywin Lannister (played by Charles Dance).
7. Kit Harington (Jon Snow) and Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) are close friends in real life. But nudity and rape scene were too much for Targaryen to handle. She had to take a little time out to get herself ready for the next nude scene.
8. Many characters have changed roles over the course of the show. Ed Skrrein played the role of Daario Naharais in season three. Michiel Huisman replaced him in seasons for, five and six. Character of Tommen Baratheon was also played by two actors: Callum Wharry in seasons one and two, Dean Charles Chapman in seasons three to six. Aimee Richardons played the Myrcella in Seasons one and two, while the same role goes to Nell Tiger in season five.
9. They have died on the show but are alive in the Book. Shireen and Stannis Baratheon, Myrcella Baratheon, and Mance Rayder, Night’s Watchmen Pyp and Grenn, Barristan Selmy are alive in Martin’s books, while they have died on the show.
10. Geoorge R.R. Martin constructed Dothraki language in his book A Song of Ice and Fire. David J. Peterson developed the full language for its television adaptation Game of Thrones. This fictional language is spoken by the Dothraki, a nomadic people.
11. The language had worked pretty well for everything, but the Khaleesin remained a real thorn in Peterson’s side. The word continued to be mispronounced troughout the series.
12. Khaleesi has three separate pronunciations: khal-eh-si, khal-ee-si, and kal-ee-si,” but “there is no way it should be pronounced ‘ka-LEE-see'”.
13. It was not just streamed. It was downloaded illegally as well. For six consecutive years, from 2012 to 2017, Game of Thrones was the most pirated show. Finally, in 2018, The Walking dead took over the top spot on torrent list.
14. Sean Bean played the role of Ned Stark. Ned Stark was beheaded in the season 1. Guess who kicked the decapitated head of Ned Stark around like a football? It was Sean Bean himself, who had a fun moment with the decapitated head on the set.
15. Who are most likely to live and who will certainly die in season eight? Low-born males with a high level of loyalty are the most likely to be killed, analysis of statistics revealed. The same analysis has predicted better survival rate for upper-class women. If characters want to live long then it is not good to remain loyal. Switching loyalty is a good strategy to lengthen one’s lifespan. The study was done by Reidar Lystad and Benjamin Brown, who watched all 67 current episodes.
16. Major characters have a 14 percent chance of dying within the first hour of being introduced. Viserys Targaryen (Harry Lloyd) was the first main character to die. Lord Eddard Stark (Sean Bean) was publicly beheaded in the first season.
17. When it comes to death, Game of Thrones does not care who you are. No matter who you are, you will be killed if you visit wrong place at the wrong time. The best example is Kristian Nairn’s ruthless death.
18. Death is just a temporary state of existence. So far, we have seen that lives can be resurrected. Jon Snow and Beric Dondarrion died and came back to life multiple times. However, in the final season, you are less likely to see this trend continuing.
19. Dean-Charles Chapman started playing King Tommen in Season 4, but the role of Tommen was originally played by Callum Wharry.
20. Amanda Peet had threatened to divorce David Benioff if anything happened to Jon Snow. Benioff assured his wife that Jon wasn’t going to die, but obviously, that wasn’t true.