Published on October 7th, 2017
Relationships, while they are beautiful and rewarding, are a lot of work. A good relationship must be balanced. Each partner must be willing to give and take in all areas and aspects of the relationship. Every relationship is different and there is no manual or how-to-guide to make things work out. Each relationship will have ups and downs and each couple will learn valuable lessons along the way.
There’s no magic elixir or method to making them work. But there are certain skills and insights you can learn. Here are 25 valuable relationship lessons you can learn from a failed relationship.
1. Beauty exists in the mundane.
2. If it seems unhealthy, it probably is.
3. Change, and fear of the unknown, is normal.
4. Equality and respect are fundamental rights.
5. Love wins.
6. Chuck and Blair proved that all relationships come with a little bit of dysfunction.
7. But they also showed us love can be so damn real.
8. Blair and Chuck made us realize sometimes love comes from the most unexpected places.
9. And there’s nothing better than having your S.O. also be your partner in crime.
10. Because they might be thinking the same thing.
11. As well as that eight-letter phrase.
12. Loving someone means being their biggest fan, even when it seems like the whole world is against them.
13. Sometimes being in love means putting up a fight.
14. And accepting that the hard times are necessary to know if you really want to be with them.
15. Color-coordinating with your partner never hurt anybody.
16. Neither has a little spontaneity.
17. Compliments never get old.
18. And your S.O. should never fail to recognize how amazing you are.
19. No matter how cheeky they may be.
20. And keeping things lively is part of the fun.
21. Never be afraid to be honest and talk about your problems.
22. Because once you can be honest with each other, you can fully trust each other.
23. Sometimes the strongest relationships are the ones that have been broken up several times along the road.
24. And loving someone might mean giving them a second chance.
25. But in the end, it’s all completely worth it.