September 16th, 2016 | Updated on January 3rd, 2020
Sexual addiction, also known as hyper sexual disorder, is defined as “engaging in persistent and escalating patterns of sexual behavior acted out despite increasing negative consequences to self and others.”
You can sense your partner sexual preoccupation which increases in terms of energy and time, and such fellow follows a routine or ritual leading to acting out on desires, which is then followed by feelings of denial then shame, despair, leading to the debilitating effects of sexual addiction. There are several signs that can indicate you in advance whether your dating partner is addicted to sex.
Below are 7 signs of sex addiction that can help you identify the hidden compulsive disorder of your partner:
1. Skipping Out On Plans, Missing Work, And Important Events To Have Sex Or Engage In Sexual Activity
Avoiding real social interaction by ditching friends, family, and other obligations to simply get laid.
2. Getting Into Debt For Your Desires
Spending more money on internet porn and prostitutes than on necessities and other forms of pleasure.
3. Reveling In Risky Situations Without Thought Or Care For The Consequences
Putting yourself if harms way — from STD’s to illegal behavior — just to commit a sexual act.
4. Constantly Changing Partner
Always looking for the next best thing, you’re insatiable. Once you’ve had sex with someone, you just go right back on the prowl.
5. An Inability To Stop Being Hyper-sexually Active, Despite Feelings Of Guilt, Shame, And Disgust
Your mind is telling you no, but your body is telling you yes, yes, yes! Sexual activity is followed by anxiety, depression, and loneliness, but he or she still feels unable to curb their behavior.
6. Obtaining Sex Has Become As Frequent And Natural As Breathing
It’s always on your mind. If you’re not having sex, you’re thinking about how you’re going to have sex ASAP. You’re obsessed with every dirty detail.
7. Sex Is Seen As A Sacred Ritual
You have to have or do certain things so you can get off. It’s just not good if you don’t get your exact routine.