Published on December 18th, 2019
Technological advancement impacts a lot of businesses today. One such improvement is 3D Printing. 3D Printing is not an entirely new technology, and as a matter of fact, it has been in use by industries, businesses, and homes for about 30 years now.
Over the years, 3D printing technology has become increasingly popular. This technology has helped reduce the time needed to get the initial version of a product as with the conventional traditional production method.
Top 5 Reasons Why You Need A 3D Printer In Your Business
3D Printing is a technology that is here to stay, and here are the top 5 reasons why you need to get one for your business. Before we dive into these reasons, here is the list of the best models of 3D printers: Sigma R19, Sigmax R19, and BCN3D Epsilon.
1. It Saves Time
The conventional traditional method takes a lot of time. 3D Printing helps reduce the time needed to get the initial version of a product as with the traditional method of production.
With 3D Printing, Printing complex interlocking parts and geometric shapes that require no assembly is now possible. Also, with 3D printers, you can now produce single objects, in small quantities at a very low cost and fast production rate.
2. It Increases Flexibility And Reduces Industrial Expenses
Another reason you should buy a 3D printer for your business is that 3D Printing can produce different objects.
It can do so without the need for several tools that are required by the traditional method, creating specific tooling, or even using several mechanisms.
3D Printers help in reducing industrial expenses and increase flexibility in the production flow of your business through this process.
3. 3D Printing Mechanizes Faster And Innovates Faster
It is a fantastic process for the innovative and creative because it allows you to produce just anything you imagine the exact way you want it. 3D Printing is also the perfect method for customized and on-demand needs.
4. 3D Printing Manufactures Objects And Models Only When They Are Required Or Needed
Also, you can use 3D Printers to reproduce objects which are no longer on sale. For example, if you need to repair an old bike whose spare parts cannot be found in the market, you can use 3D printers to reproduce these parts.
One of the fantastic things about 3D Printing is how easy it is for you to make changes on the go. If at a point in the production process, you no longer like the products, you can smoothly perform a few tweaks to give you what you desire.
What You Need To Consider When Getting A 3D Printer
When getting a 3D printer for your business, you need to consider several factors, from the materials, speed, software, size, and how fast it can churn out parts. Here are some of the things you need to consider when getting a 3D printer for your business:
1.The 3D Printer Features
Look for a combination of features that would help maximize the printer’s time and speed. Some of the features to look for are:
- Connections: What is the mode of connecting to the 3D printer? Connecting your workstation directly to the printer via a USB cable or flash drive might be convenient, but using the company’s Wi-Fi network is more efficient.
- Ease of raw material replacement: Some printers allow you to pour the raw material into a hopper, while some have a cartridge for clean and quick changes of raw materials.
- Color: For some printers, the raw materials are available in a variety of colors, while others are limited to only specific colors.
- Touch-screen control: Ensure you get printers that have a touch screen option for configuration, setup, and for ease of customizing the building and production process.
- Stands: If your 3D printer is small, it can sit on a table or shelf, but it is still better if it has a stand or cabinet where you can adequately store the raw materials.
- Camera: The latest 3D printers now have built-in webcams, which you can use to monitor the progress of the work carried out remotely.
- Extruders: This is the nozzle that is used for Printing. You should get more than one if you would be using multiple materials or Printing in various colors.
The choice of the appropriate material for 3D Printing depends on the use. The common materials for 3D printing are ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) and PLA (Polylactic Acid). Many of the latest 3D printers can work with metals and ceramics.
When getting a 3D printer, you also need to consider the size. However, you need to carefully make this decision because the price for 3D printers increases exponentially with size.
So, unless you are sure that you need a particular size of 3D printer, you don’t have to get it as it might incur a considerable cost to your business. Likewise, for bigger 3D printers, you have to be sure that you have the human resources, and know-how to set it up.
Various 3D printers have their specified resolution. Ensure you choose the one that has the best fit for you.
5. Speed And Performance
Speed is also essential when it comes to the choice of the 3D printer to purchase. However, some slower but larger printers can allow you to create several items at once.