Published on October 10th, 2019
Whether you have been put in charge of your company’s corporate event this year or whether you organize corporate events for a living, getting a reliable corporate event management team together is key.
Rather than trying to go it alone, you can assign different tasks to team members to see to it that each item of your event planning checklist gets the attention it deserves.
If you are new to the corporate event planning process, you may be wondering how best to organize your team to see to it that every task is completed efficiently.
Here are some great tips for success in getting your team members on the same page.
The first thing you will want to do in the pre event planning process is to assign roles to all your team members.
These roles may vary according to the type of event you are hosting and other specifics, but here are some recommendations.
- Team Leader: You may assign yourself as the team leader. The team leader will be the person who initiates tasks and sees to it that they get completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Program Administrations: Your program administrations team will have control of the event activities. They will oversee the guest list, communicate with catering about the menu and oversee the activities and how they will be carried out.
- Creative: The out of the box thinking your creative team provides will ensure that your event is memorable and unique. Creative will oversee visuals, online promotion and interaction with the attendees. They will also take care of all promotions including the writing and distribution of press releases, web site design and other visuals.
- Operations Liaisons: This crew will work with vendors and venues to make sure the equipment set up runs smoothly. They will also be in charge of cleaning and attendee support. Because these tasks do not require a lot of experience, event planners can save money by recruiting volunteers for this team.
- Treasury Committee: Your treasury committee will work on creating a budget for your corporate event. They will determine how much money should be devoted to each aspect of the event including vendors, musical entertainment, the venue and more. If the goal of your event is to raise money for a cause, they will do their best to see to it that the event is profitable.
Managing Your Team
- Having a reliable team in place is a great start but the right management and communication will be what makes the event successful. With that in mind, here are some other tips that will help you keep your team motivated and on the same page.
- Create an Event Planning Guide Checklist: A checklist will keep your team on the same page making everyone aware of your goals.
- Analyze the Tasks: Once you have determined your goals, decide on how you are going to execute them.
- Evaluate: As tasks get completed, evaluate what has been done and what needs to be done. Your event planning guide could grow and change over time. You should also stop to assess how things are going to get an idea of what your results will be like and make improvements if necessary.
- Reward Your Team for Their Good Work: If a team member is providing excellent service, be sure to let them know. This will keep them motivated and set them on the right path when it comes to achieving goals in the future.
- Use Digital Technology: There are many apps that can make event planning easier. These apps can do everything from helping you organize your checklist to keeping track of your seating arrangement and guest list. They can also be used to help your team communicate more efficiently.
Organizing an event planning team is among the best practices in corporate event planning. It takes the stress off the team leader and helps the event run smoothly and efficiently.
Make the gathering of your team the first step in your planning strategy for an event that provides a terrific experience for everyone involved.