Each birth is distinctive. Some take longer hours, while others happen in minutes. Some are smooth and easy, while others are too much complicated. We all acknowledge that every single birth is novel, and each parent goes through a welter of emotions that come crashing over you when you see your little one for the first time.
Scroll Down For The Video
The International Association of Professional Birth Photographers has announced the winners of their 2017 contest, and the photos they chose show the struggles mothers go through to bring new life into the world, and the sheer joy that follows. Each one tells a story of pain, perseverance, and finally, relief. They document a baby’s first moments of life, and a family’s first moments of unity.
1 Best In Category: Birth Details, Pieces Of Me
2. Best In Category: Postpartum, Straight From Heaven
3. First Place Winner. Road To Deliverance
4. I’ve Been Waiting For You
5. That First Gaze
6. Skin To Skin Today. Heart To Heart Always
7. Falling In Love All Over Again
8. Best In Category: Delivery, With A Splash
9. Are You My Mama?
10. Freshly Squeezed
11. Mother’s Pure Bliss
12. Euphoric First Embrace Together
13. Honorable Mentions. Before The First Breath
14. The Softest Landing Pad
15. Honorable Mentions. Gentle Caesarean Birth
16. Honorable Mentions. Catching Her Baby, Born Via Surrogacy
18. The End: A New Beginning
19. The First Look
20. Honorable Mentions. Approaching Life
21. Honorable Mentions. Surprise
22. Honorable Mentions. As She Rose From The Depths
23. Honorable Mentions. Joyful Finale
24. A Beautiful Transition
25. Honorable Mentions. Hello Before Goodbye
Watch The Video
This is an incredible moment where a baby is born inside a fully INTACT amniotic sac – a phenomenon so rare, which normally happens during just one in 80,000 births. A baby from Spain was delivered still inside the amniotic sac.
Video: Boogie Whiplash
Source: womansday.com, Youtube, self.com