Published on February 17th, 2021
From greetings to eating habits, Japanese people follow rules which are distinct from what people follow in Europe and America, and even many Asian countries. In Japan people drink tap water, because it’s so clean that it doesn’t need to go through additional filtration. We have listed 10 everyday habits Japanese people love to follow.
1. Hosts give their guests disposable slippers that get thrown away after the visitors leave
2. Morning exercise
3. The Japanese diet without dieting.
4. An average Japanese citizen seems to give and receive at least one gift a week.
5. People drink tap water. In Japan, it’s so clean that it doesn’t need to go through additional filtration.
6. Japanese people often don’t wash fruits and vegetables from the supermarket.
7. There are toilet slippers for the bathrooms
8. Slurping noodles is not only seen as polite – but also means that you have enjoyed your meal
9. In closets, things are not laid out in piles but rolled up and stored vertically.
10. After coming home from the street, people not only wash their hands thoroughly, but they also rinse their throat