Updated on November 4th, 2017
A best friend is like a four leaf clover, hard to find, lucky to have. Looking for the way to tell your best friend how much she means to you? You’ll find the perfect sentiment in this collection of friendship quotes.
1. Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
2. True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi connects automatically.
3. The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
4. Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.
5. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
6. True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.
7. Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
8. Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives and remembering what one receives.
9. Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm & constant.
10. Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.
11. Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathise with a friend’s success.
12. I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.
13. Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.
14. A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling.
15. There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.
16. A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
17. Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
18. Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
19. It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.
20. My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.
21. Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.
22. The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away.
23. Friends are the family you choose.
24. Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.
25. Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.
26. A friendship that can end never really began.
27. No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.
28. In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends.
29. Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief.
30. Some people go to priests, others to poetry, I to my friends.