Published on August 29th, 2018
Life is full of missed opportunities and regrets. It seems impossible sometimes, to let out your romantic feelings.
If you have a sharp memory, it’s even harder because you can’t take it off your head. How do you act if you have a crush on someone then?
Developing a crush on someone when you’re already in a long-term, committed relationship can leave you feeling guilty and confused.
You may think it’s a betrayal of your partner but you might also be wondering whether your feelings are trying to tell you something.
If this is how you feel right now, try not to worry. This is a far more common situation than most people realize.
You might like to think of it as a warning sign that something needs addressing within your relationship or in your life: an opportunity to make things better.
Here are the 38 torturous stages of having a crush on someone you know you’ll never be with:
1. You’d smile when they crack a silly/stupid/good joke and then you’d smile afterward thinking about that silly/stupid/good thing again.
2. You want to know them as much as possible but at the same time, you don’t want to know for the fear of stumbling upon something that would ruin it.
3. Some days, you curse them for looking so good because you just can’t bring yourself to tell them that.
4. You won’t be able to stop caring even when you want to. Everything that affects them affects you in some small way.
5. Their small acts of care give you a joy you can’t compare anything to. Even when they could be just acting out of humanity or politeness.
6. When how much ever you try, you just can’t be selfish with them. You can’t act on anything because you’re afraid they might get hurt. Embarrassed. Or worse. Awkward.
7. You can’t hate them for hurting you. You keep justifying their attitude to your wounded self-esteem.
8. When you start noticing little lines on their forehead when they are worried and you want those lines gone… anyhow.
9. Hell breaks loose when they look at you for a second longer. You might bang in the door, or drop whatever you’re holding in your buttery-fingers or worse, forget to breathe.
10. You just keep waiting for this thing to go away. So that your life can go back to what it was before them. But wait, you’ve forgotten what it was like!
11. It feels like you can see their face every here and there. You listen to songs and correlate the lyrics with your crush.
12. When you meet your crush, your heart beats a little faster, you begin to feel butterflies in your stomach and your mind is full of thoughts
13. If you have their number, then I feel sorry for the backspace. Because you’re going to write texts and delete them before hitting the send. Open their contact information, but never will hit the call button no matter how much you wish to.
14. You find out what their likes are, and design all your social media accounts to make it appear like you’re an ideal match for them.
15. You make sure that even by accident you cannot hit the like button of a super old picture that he has uploaded.
16. You’re scared if those applications which shows the stalkers might actually work and show your name.
17. You find out their social media accounts and decrypt their statuses. Reload their pictures again and again. On top of it, you try to tell yourself that you’re not stalking but just collecting information.
18. You wonder if they think of you? Maybe not as much as you, but are you a part of their slightest thought.
19. You wonder if the ones who had liked his pictures are the ones if he actually likes.
20. Kissing and hugging related fantasies.
21. Even when in serious discussion, when you hear someone call out his name, you try to take the slightest glance possible. That glance can make your entire day a little bright.
22. You stare at him in such a way that he won’t be able to notice, and on top of it, in mind, you think, “please notice me”,”I wanna say something”.
23. Finally, when he notices you, you’re like “ wait, you got it, just act natural”, “oh no, can’t god help me become invisible?”
24. You blush a lot when an eye contact is made. When he replies back to your simple hello message, you become speechless as though you have confessed and he had accepted. When he compliments what your wearing, you are on clound nine. And when there is an accidental touch, you almost die.
25. When he’s walking towards you, your mind has thoughts like, “I look pretty today, should I just do a hair flip?” and “wait no, I probably will look like a horse.”
26. When he laughs, your heart melts. Above all, if you make him laugh, you feel as though you’ve achieved something great. Indeed something mind-blowing.
27. You remember every single word of your conversation with them and repeat the scene later in mind.
28. Whenever she replies a bit late, it still always seems as if she has a boyfriend and she is busy with him.
29. You get very nervous around them and often can’t act like you normally would. If you normally have a very sharp wit, you might start stuttering and have no idea what to say. However, this doesn’t always happen, and it usually happens less as your confidence increases.
30. You find yourself staring, looking in their direction often, sometimes even the whole class.
31. You think about them a lot, they are always in the back of your mind at school.
32. If You give her a smile, and if she also smiles back in return… then that’s it, it’s your day. You will remember that moment for a very long time.
33. When you are always the first one to text her…and if by mistake she texts first then you are all over the moon.
34. If in a group…she ignores you…It makes her look hotter. Such an attitude I tell you.
35. Though you might go through the most difficult times…your face will automatically smile in the most beautiful manner it can after seeing you crush…. if she smiles back at you. The smile on your face lasts longer…
36. This is a bit extreme but its a sure shot. Think about she/he ending up with someone else!!!
37. When you rub the soap off your body multiple times, on the day you’re supposed to meet your crush, just to make sure that not one spot of dirt is on your body.
38. Even though he never actually told me directly that he likes me…I came to know that through a few small incidents.
- 10 Must Ask Questions For The First Date
- 15 Signs Of A Truly Equal And Happy Relationship
- What Are Some Good Ways To Maintain A Healthy Relationship?
- How To Build Your Online Attraction – Easy Tips To Get You Noticed
- How To Solve Relationship Problems Without Breaking Up
- How Do You Know You’re In A Healthy Relationship?
- The 10 Do’s And Don’ts Of Long Distance Relationship!